GDT: #69: Bruins at FLYERS, Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
BOSTON BRUINS (43-14-12) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (41-20-7)
th
th

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Bruins6943-14-129822-4-921-10-322517425.184.051.1
Flyers 6841-20-78925-5-416-15-323219421.182.054.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images
Possible Lineup
Lines

28 Claude Giroux -- 14 Sean Couturier -- 93 Jake Voracek
49 Joel Farabee -- 13 Kevin Hayes --
11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton -- 38 Derek Grant -- 18 Tyler Pitlick
12 Michael Raffl
-- 44 Nate Thompson -- 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov -- 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim -- 8 Robert Hagg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere -- 61 Justin Braun
Goalies
79 Carter Hart is the likely starter.
37 Brian Elliott
Power Plays
PP1: Claude Giroux, Sean Couturier, Jake Voracek, Travis Konecny, Ivan Provorov
PP2: Derek Grant, Kevin Hayes, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Shayne Gostisbehere, Matt Niskanen

Injuries and Scratches

5 Phil Myers (right knee, Mar. 7) is expected out four weeks with a fractured patella after blocking a shot.
Nolan Patrick (migraine disorder, Sep. 26) was transferred from injured/non-roster to LTIR Nov.22. He is progressing and has participated in no-contact practices as recently as Feb. 29. GM Chuck Fletcher hoped in the next couple weeks from Feb. 24 that Patrick would get to full contact in practices. As of Mar. 9 he is not cleared for contact.
23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing’s sarcoma [bone cancer], Dec. 13) is on LTIR and will not return to play this season. He began treatments in early January. On Feb. 22, it was reported that his treatments are ongoing and indications are better than expected.
25 James van Riemsdyk (broken right index finger, Mar. 4) will be out 4-to-6 weeks from the date of the injury.

53 Shayne Gostisbehere (healthy) is expected to replace Phil Myers (injured). Gostisbehere was injured on Jan. 7 then had arthroscopic left knee surgery on Jan.14. He returned for one game on Feb. 6 then developed what was reported as stiffness in the left knee and pain from scar tissue the following day at practice. He was sent to the AHL on Feb. 20 for two games of conditioning and recalled on Feb. 24. He has since practiced with the team but has yet to play in a game.
55 Sam Morin (torn right ACL during AHL conditioning stint, Nov. 6) is on LTIR and expected out for the rest of the season.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Courier Post of South Jersey
Hockey Buzz
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
NHL.com
Adam Kimelman's Twitter -- Adam Kimelman (@NHLAdamK) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philadelphia Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter

BOSTON BRUINS
th
Possible Lineup
Lines

63 Brad Marchand -- 37 Patrice Bergeron -- 88 David Pastrnak
21 Nick Ritchie -- 46 David Krejci -- 28 Ondrej Kase
52 Sean Kuraly --13 Charlie Coyle -- 74 Jake DeBrusk
20 Joakim Nordstrom -- 26 Par Lindholm -- 14 Chris Wagner
Pairings
33 Zdeno Chara -- 73 Charlie McAvoy
48 Matt Grzelcyk -- 75 Connor Clifton

27 John Moore -- 79 Jeremy Lauzon
Goalies
40 Tuukka Rask is the likely starter.
41 Jaroslav Halak

Power Plays

PP1: Charlie Coyle, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, Torey Krug
PP2: David Krejci, Ondrej Kase, Jake DeBrusk, Matt Grzelcyk, Charlie McAvoy

Injuries and Scratches

10 Anders Bjork (healthy) could scratched.
25 Brandon Carlo (upper body, took an elbow to his face, Mar. 4) will not play.
47 Torey Krug (upper body, Mar, 9) will not play.
Anton Blidh (healthy) could be scratched.
86 Kevan Miller (fractured kneecap, Feb. 2019) is on injured reserve.
MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Joe McDonald's Twitter -- Joe McDonald (@JoeyMacHockey) | Twitter
Fluto Shinzawa's Twitter -- Fluto Shinzawa (@FlutoShinzawa) | Twitter
Boston Globe
Web Site -- Bruins - The Boston Globe
Matt Porter's Twitter -- Matt Porter (@mattyports) | Twitter
Boston Herald
NBC Sports Boston
NESN
Web site -- Boston Bruins – NESN.com
Billy Jaffe's Twitter -- Billy Jaffe (@BJaffe) | Twitter
Patriot Ledger
Standard Times, The
Mick Colageo's Twitter -- Mick Colageo (@MickColageo) | Twitter
FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to change)
DateOpponentTime (ET)Television
Thursday, March 12 at Tampa Bay 7:00 pm ESPN+, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVAS, SUN, NBCSP
Saturday, March 14 vs. Minnesota 1:00 pm NBCSP, FS-N
Sunday, March 15 vs. Edmonton1:00 pm NHLN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP
Tuesday, March 17vs. St. Louis 7:00 pm NBCSN, SNE, SNO, SNP
Friday, March 20 at Dallas 8:30 pm ESPN+, FS-SW, NBCSP
Saturday, March 21 at Nashville 8:00 pm ESPN+, FS-TN, NBCSP+
Tuesday, March 24vs. NY Islanders7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

FROM THE PAST

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Black Sunshine" by White Zombie ft. Iggy Pop

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Didn't the Flyers play Tampa twice when they were going for a 10 game streak? It would be cool to play them going for a 11 game streak.

Both of Tampa Bay's wins against the Flyers this season gave the Lightning a 10-game win streak. The Flyers ended Tampa Bay's 9-game win streak back in 2016.

Last night's win vs. Buffalo is one of seven 9-or-more win streaks for the Flyers. The four that are longer:

13 -- Oct. 19-Nov. 17, 1985. The last three wins came following Pelle Lindbergh's death. The game that ended it was an 8-6 loss at the NYI. Two nights prior, the Flyers overcame two 3-goal deficits to win in OT on a Murray Craven goal also vs. NYI. To this date, I would put that game in one of the 10 most remarkable regular season wins in team history. The Flyers nearly pulled a miraculous victory in the game that ended the streak.

11 -- March 5-24, 1985: The Flyers ended the season, Mike Keenan's first as head coach, on a 16-1-0 run. The one loss was 5-2 at Chicago. The Blackhawks scored four goals in the third period.

10 -- Dec. 22-Jan. 13, 1983: The Flyers and Blackhawks played to a 4-4 tie in Philadelphia. The Blackhawks scored twice in seven seconds in the third period. The Flyers were amid a run of 18-1-2 (one loss in 21 games).

10 -- Nov. 27-Dec. 14, 2016: A 3-1 loss at Dallas ended that.​

Last edited:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys,

Carolina is at Poopsburgh. Which should we root for.

Flyers magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 20 points, which can be lowered to 18 if Pens win.

If carolina wins, our 5 pt lead on pittsburgh stays the same but a game less for shitsburgh.

My focus has always been normally to focus on clinching, but the heck with that because die sid die.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Guys,

Flyers magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 20 points, which can be lowered to 18 if Pens win.

If carolina wins, our 5 pt lead on pittsburgh stays the same but a game less for shitsburgh.

My focus has always been normally to focus on clinching, but the heck with that because die sid die.

Carolina. I want the division.

While the Islanders are boring as dirt and pose problems - if either Pittsburgh/Washington could be avoided in round one, that’s the way to go.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Looking forward to this one as a Boston fan. This is the second time this season the Flyers have separated themselves from the mediocre bubble teams and joined the big boys in the standings. This time seems for real. Will be a fun measuring stick as I expect the Flyers to come out looking to prove something.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Guys,

We want Carolina to win.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Guys,

5 points to Shitt (3rd in Metro).
10 points to Isles (WC1).
10 points to CBJ (WC2).
12 points to CAR (WC3).

We are in battle for division, not to making playoffs, we will be there. A lot of battles between these teams is good for us too. We just need only 4 wins from last 14 games to make playoffs oficially. Even if we lose to BOS and TB, we still be in one day. No worry.

So go Canes!

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Carolina. I want the division.

While the Islanders are boring as dirt and pose problems - if either Pittsburgh/Washington could be avoided in round one, that’s the way to go.

We want Carolina to win.

ok, thats what im thinking to. Go Canes, they can still loose many games left to help us clinch.

Just noticed

that game is on

NHL Center ice / NHL.tv or ESPN +

I should be able to use the app and get it.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
5 points to Shitt (3rd in Metro).
10 points to Isles (WC1).
10 points to CBJ (WC2).
12 points to CAR (WC3).

We are in battle for division, not to making playoffs, we will be there. A lot of battles between these teams is good for us too. We just need only 4 wins from last 14 games to make playoffs oficially. Even if we lose to BOS and TB, we still be in one day. No worry.

So go Canes!

I thought there were 2 WC spots, Carolina is the first team out looking in with 77 pts and 66 games played so far, 16 games left 32 pts which maxes them at 109, Flyers at 89 pts so right now 20 is the magic number.

oops I'm dum, you meant our lead on those teams. I'm dum

@AdamParrot

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I thought there were 2 WC spots, Carolina is the first team out looking in with 77 pts and 66 games played so far, 16 games left 32 pts which maxes them at 109, Flyers at 89 pts so right now 20 is the magic number.
Yes, that's why we are interesting to WC3, first no playoffs place.

20 points is not good math I think. There will be battles between PIT-CBJ-CAR-NYI yet. And NYR of course.

But Im sure we will be in playoffs. Im not looking down already, just only to PIT and WSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad