OT: 68th Obsequious Banter Thread: The thread with moves like Jagr

Status
Not open for further replies.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Watching some Robocop lately & im honestly surprised I was allowed to watch this stuff as a kid with the pretty graphic violence & cursing. :laugh:

You kidding me? Great PSAs to keep kids healthy and strong!

tumblr_nllffmsGBD1tdkro1o3_400.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Random thought of the day:

Those reflective, or whatever you want to call them, traffic lights that you can’t see what color the light is until you’re under it should be illegal.
Unless someone f***ed up and installed them wrong, they are that way for a reason. Usually because there's another signal too close or multiple movements involved. They certainly make you think on your toes though haha.

Any chance you're talking about the ones in Barrington? Trying to think where else they're installed around here...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Unless someone ****ed up and installed them wrong, they are that way for a reason. Usually because there's another signal too close or multiple movements involved. They certainly make you think on your toes though haha.

Any chance you're talking about the ones in Barrington? Trying to think where else they're installed around here...

The one at the circle near the Cherry Hill Mall on 38 is “deadly” to me. You come up on it going 50 around a slight curve and with no warning it’s yellow/red. I drive slow around it because I know it’s there but then I’m the one that’s going to get ran into cause Jenna is on her phone riding my ass behind me won’t stop in time.

There’s a couple other ones that aren’t as big of a deal but you’re still guessing. That one on 38 is wild though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Those reflective, or whatever you want to call them, traffic lights that you can’t see what color the light is until you’re under it should be illegal.
I wholeheartedly agree. Don’t take away my “vision” because other people can’t pay enough attention while operating a 2 ton machine.
On that note, intersections that have timers, visible to drivers, that don’t turn yellow when the timer hits zero should gtfo as well.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The one at the circle near the Cherry Hill Mall on 38 is “deadly” to me. You come up on it going 50 around a slight curve and with no warning it’s yellow/red. I drive slow around it because I know it’s there but then I’m the one that’s going to get ran into cause Jenna is on her phone riding my ass behind me won’t stop in time.

There’s a couple other ones that aren’t as big of a deal but you’re still guessing. That one on 38 is wild though.
Forgot about that one, that's definitely because of those movements from the circle turning onto 38.

It should only be the 2nd of the two signals in each direction though. Are you seeing it on the first signal as you approach too? That doesn't sound right of that's the case.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Forgot about that one, that's definitely because of those movements from the circle turning onto 38.

It should only be the 2nd of the two signals in each direction though. Are you seeing it on the first signal as you approach too? That doesn't sound right of that's the case.

I’ll have to look again the next time I go through it.

But I think it might be the first one, and if it’s not I feel like I’ve gone through the first where it was green and then the next one it’s a stale yellow/red where you’re left in no man’s land.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I’ll have to look again the next time I go through it.

But I think it might be the first one, and if it’s not I feel like I’ve gone through the first where it was green and then the next one it’s a stale yellow/red where you’re left in no man’s land.
That's when I've had issues there, that no man's land section. It should be timed to account for that exact scenario, but it's definitely not always the case.

If Jenna crushes you from behind it's her fault anyway so you can just own her soul as long as she doesn't kill you.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I love how if you have to make a left hand turn and enter the intersection you now have no goddamned idea when the light changes and have to put your faith in all the drivers who just got a green light to not blindly plow into you before you can clear the intersection. You have to sit there and "guess" if the light turned red.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I wholeheartedly agree. Don’t take away my “vision” because other people can’t pay enough attention while operating a 2 ton machine.
On that note, intersections that have timers, visible to drivers, that don’t turn yellow when the timer hits zero should gtfo as well.

I hate when those timed ones that will make the road you are on red when there is zero traffic coming thru the intersection. We have lights here in Concord that stay red for up to 90 seconds with no traffic going through the 4 way.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Toxic crusader actually came out with a cartoon before the toys, after the movie.
I know, I have the Toxie Box Set that they threw a disc of those cartoons in with! I couldn't stoop to actually watch them though. At least I can support an independent guy like Lloyd Kaufmann trying to make an extra buck to keep his studio open vs. large studios that know kids probably shouldn't be watching these movies at their age but want to wring every last cent out of the property, conscience be damned.

Reactions: Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad