OT: 68th Obsequious Banter Thread: The thread with moves like Jagr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I couldn't be happier to close a thread on the Flyers board with the 'Leafs' in the title.
At the picnic I was at today "You Make My Dreams Come True" came on the radio and I felt an involuntary cringe even though I love Hall and Oates. Thanks for tainting a classic, Leafs.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Over the weekend I happened to meet a guy who was anti-Paw Patrol. It kinda caught me off guard so of course I turn to google.

Found these diddies, which are great reading.

One Dad's Unanswered 'PAW Patrol' Questions Spark Chain of Conspiracy Theories on Twitter | Parents
The Sudden Influx 'Paw Patrol' Conspiracy Theories is Fun as Hell

I've been thoroughly initiated, part of the collective. Whereas I was critical of a show like GoT based on plot and writing, I totally give in to Paw Patrol and no longer recognize the outlandish critiques put forth as a cause for concern or something so gross beyond the pale to arise suspicion or raise questions. If only every place were Adventure Bay, and all of my enemies confided to Foggy Bottom!

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Over the weekend I happened to meet a guy who was anti-Paw Patrol. It kinda caught me off guard so of course I turn to google.

One Dad's Unanswered 'PAW Patrol' Questions Spark Chain of Conspiracy Theories on Twitter | Parents

I've been thoroughly initiated, part of the collective. Whereas I was critical of a show like GoT based on plot and writing, I totally give in to Paw Patrol and no longer recognize the outlandish critiques put forth as a cause for concern or something so gross beyond the pale to arise suspicion or raise questions. If only every place were Adventure Bay, and all of my enemies confided to Foggy Bottom!
:facepalm:

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

I feel like this is a dad joke. Which means I can't comprehend it.

Reactions: kudymen

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
HughesNet. That's why. Again. It has been over a week now. They say there is an outage in Midlands, Texas and "our engineers are working on it." When I got off the phone with them today I was literally quivering with rage. They warned me about my language and I asked them what they were going to do to me and then just launched some more at them and hung up the phone.

I just borrowed a phone/hotspot for a minute to post this update. **** knows when the service will be resumed or how much of me will be left besides the ashes.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
HughesNet. That's why. Again. It has been over a week now. They say there is an outage in Midlands, Texas and "our engineers are working on it." When I got off the phone with them today I was literally quivering with rage. They warned me about my language and I asked them what they were going to do to me and then just launched some more at them and hung up the phone.

I just borrowed a phone/hotspot for a minute to post this update. **** knows when the service will be resumed or how much of me will be left besides the ashes.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Guess the bright side to this is he didnt have to watch the blues go up 2. Down side is he didnt get to watch them lose it.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I saw aladdin with the girlfriend yesterday. Visually appealing - or at least, better than i expected - but i could have done without the additional storyline they added in.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
@bennysflyers16

Shot 77 today. Prior to yesterday, that was my career low. When I shot my 73 yesterday, I went bogey, double to start the day.

Finished 2nd gross, 67-67, t2 net, 61-62. Got closest to the pin today. 195 down hill, down wind to 1' 11". Shot even par 35 on the front, then 7 over on the back. By far my best back to back rounds ever.

I have been putting horribly, and it is killing my scores so far this year. The Scotty Cameron is going to the basement for awhile and am bringing our "Tiffany" to shake things up. It is an old Yes putter, just a confidence thing.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I saw aladdin with the girlfriend yesterday. Visually appealing - or at least, better than i expected - but i could have done without the additional storyline they added in.
I finally took my niece to Detective Pikachu and the conceit of coexisting with these creatures in a Roger Rabbit-like fashion was done very well. Unfortunately I don't see a sequel for this story being possible but I wonder if they picked the game with the deepest story as a proof-of-concept and now will make other stories in the same live-action world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starat327

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can't wait to see giant monsters beating the crud out of each other. Personally the movie that I wanted to catch this year.

Looks like the reviews are complaining that it’s too much Godzilla/action & not enough human focus this go around. :laugh:

I didn’t mind the first one but that was honestly my complaint about it, not enough Godzilla/action screen time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad