Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They’re coming for Bob Lazar.

I remember watching a show about Bob Lazar when I was a kid and was enthralled by everything he said. Watched the thing on Netflix about him and I'm even more enthralled now. I think he's legit. If I were ever elected president my first order of business would be to see anything and everything alien-related.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The possibility crossed my mind. As did, "so this is what the dinosaurs saw before it all ended."

I also thought this might just be a regular occurrence. I live in south east PA and the light pollution out there blocks out most stars, but I spend most of my time on the south Jersey coast during the summer, like tonight. But this was special. Luckily, some security cameras caught it.

Oh wow. That had to look amazing in real time, and to your point, partially terrifying.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Well depending on how people have the site displayed (like if it’s snapped to half the screen), all that would be cut off and only the middle would be visible, which is the important part. So I think it’s pretty standard for the sides to be empty like that. I think if you put most websites full screen on a wide monitor, it’ll look exactly like that.

That said, I definitely agree that the new UI is pretty bad, like visually in the middle. It looks unfinished.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Was 102f today where I am in the UK... with 45% humidity. So technically felt around 115 apparently. (having been in 116f in Cyprus, and 110f in Israel it did not feel like that though!) 2nd warmest day in UK history and where I am right now was the warmest place in the nation today.

Spent half the day swimming in the river. Thoroughly enjoyable... albeit it would suck if like this for a week! Did a short swan documentary with my friends go-pro that none of you will ever see and mainly involved me shitting myself when I got within a couple of metres and he turned and stared me down...

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
What is this “Read More” feature on HFBoards mobile?

Why do you think I’m scrolling down a page on a forum, coders? It doesn’t even automatically go to my last read post. Yuck.
You mean click to expand?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Exactly. We all live on this site. When have we ever not wanted to read the latest posts?
I've been on the site 10 minutes and probably opened 10 pages so far since this was implemented, about half the time the "read more" bar doesn't even show and I have to reload the page.

Screenshot_20190725-222949.png
Screenshot_20190725-223205.png

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
re: Twitter

I hate that if you're on someone's page, the tweets don't automatically load anymore. Is this gone or did it move somewhere?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Charlatans. Frauds. The worst kind of scum that preys on people at their weakest dealing with genuine, deep pain.

All you need to know about them is that this went unclaimed for 51 years despite a thousand people trying.
One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge - Wikipedia

I get it. Our minds draw connections between unrelated events. I begrudge no one their religious or spiritual beliefs, but there is absolutely no evidence to support these particular “talents.” I’m sure many of them get into it with the best intentions, but there is no getting around the utter vacuum of proof.

Regarding the Dowsing Rods in the Wiki Page - they do actually work a fair amount of the time, but not all the time. I work as a geologist, and often prior to selecting soil boring/monitoring well locations, I have to complete a 'geophysical' clearing event. Basically, I have to locate all subsurface utilities (electric, sewer, gas, water, etc). We obviously have modern day tools to locate most utilities (such as ground penetrating radar and radio frequency devices, and large metal detectors), but I've been able to locate multiple utilities with dowsing rods when other methods don't work.

On one Site, I had to expose the lines, and I was able to locate them with the dowsing rods when other methods did not work. The lines were where I located them with the dowsing rods.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Regarding the Dowsing Rods in the Wiki Page - they do actually work a fair amount of the time, but not all the time. I work as a geologist, and often prior to selecting soil boring/monitoring well locations, I have to complete a 'geophysical' clearing event. Basically, I have to locate all subsurface utilities (electric, sewer, gas, water, etc). We obviously have modern day tools to locate most utilities (such as ground penetrating radar and radio frequency devices, and large metal detectors), but I've been able to locate multiple utilities with dowsing rods when other methods don't work.

On one Site, I had to expose the lines, and I was able to locate them with the dowsing rods when other methods did not work. The lines were where I located them with the dowsing rods.

Charlatan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad