OT: 67th Obsequious Banter Thread: At Least We’re Not The Leafs, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Like everything Nolan's done except Memento, its somewhat overrated.

Great from a technical aspect and he gets great performances from his actors but his stories are always a lot of house of mirrors bs imo.
amen. Imagine dunkirk without the soundtrack. Id put a bullet in my head.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Even though I am European and can not for obvious reasons understand all the cultural nuances there, I am incredibly happy the thread which included stuff like "my wonderful ancestors, our wonderful history" (and whatever else was wonderful too) got deleted.

The overuse of the word "wonderful" really reminded me of Blackkklansmen :laugh:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Even though I am European and can not for obvious reasons understand all the cultural nuances there, I am incredibly happy the thread which included stuff like "my wonderful ancestors, our wonderful history" (and whatever else was wonderful too) got deleted.
damn, my satirical post just got deleted....aka plight of the straight white man.

Reactions: kudymen

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We lost power for a couple hours which is rare here. Our older dog doesn't like that kind of thing. I was outside when the power returned, which meant things were beeping and clicking inside. That apparently caused her to write the whole house off as a loss because when I opened the door she walked right past me and went next door to try to move in with the neighbors.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Im behind on a bunch of threads, so I’m sorry if this has already been spoken about.
Flyers To Stop Using Kate Smith’s Recording Of ‘God Bless America,’ Cover Statue After Alleged History Of Racism
Reading the article, it’s not about God Bless America, it’s about songs that she allegedly sang during her career.
They now need to purge what they play in arena as buffers between play.
I just listened to some of “That’s why Darkies were born”, and holy shit is that song terrible. The 1930’s were pretty racist, and pretty sexist. I’d wager that if she didn’t sing that song she would have been blacklisted and not have had a career.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys, I'm not sure why I signed up but I did for ESPN + 5 bucks.

I like UFC and this service is not bad for 5 bucks.

I wonder if there will be a combo when disney + starts Nov 12. They plan to create there version of netflix by showing Marvel , Xmen, Disney, Star wars movies and more.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Just had a company reach out to me in regards to an open position within their organization. Guy said he was flying in Monday morning and will be here til mid-week and wants to sit down to discuss. The job content is for technical sales in a field that I'm familiar with but by no means an expert. Was kind of off-putting as he clearly is coming up here to interview and scheduled with potential candidates and he calls me last minute to check my availability. This was the first time hearing from him, by the way.

Am I looking to far into this? I get the feeling that interviewing me is a "box check".

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Just had a company reach out to me in regards to an open position within their organization. Guy said he was flying in Monday morning and will be here til mid-week and wants to sit down to discuss. The job content is for technical sales in a field that I'm familiar with but by no means an expert. Was kind of off-putting as he clearly is coming up here to interview and scheduled with potential candidates and he calls me last minute to check my availability. This was the first time hearing from him, by the way.

Am I looking to far into this? I get the feeling that interviewing me is a "box check".
I'd say it can't hurt to give it a go at least. Could be a fantastic opportunity that you'd regret later. Or it could be the worst job you've ever dreamt of in which case you could just go all Step Brothers interview at that point. In fact, wear a tux just to be safe.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I'd say it can't hurt to give it a go at least. Could be a fantastic opportunity that you'd regret later. Or it could be the worst job you've ever dreamt of in which case you could just go all Step Brothers interview at that point. In fact, wear a tux just to be safe.

I kind of called him out on it through probing questions but he is coming back to the area in a few weeks so if we can't meet this week we will next visit. I'm half tempted to let this week pass and see if he gets back to me. If he does reach back out, it means the people he interviewed were turds and it'll give me more leverage. If he doesn't, it confirms my suspicion that it would've been a waste of time for me.

Sounds like it could be a good sales gig. I've worked with a lot of guys in a similar field and they were made men.

Also noticed I said "to far" in my OP. Good thing my mother doesn't post on here....

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I kind of called him out on it through probing questions but he is coming back to the area in a few weeks so if we can't meet this week we will next visit. I'm half tempted to let this week pass and see if he gets back to me. If he does reach back out, it means the people he interviewed were turds and it'll give me more leverage. If he doesn't, it confirms my suspicion that it would've been a waste of time for me.

Sounds like it could be a good sales gig. I've worked with a lot of guys in a similar field and they were made men.

Also noticed I said "to far" in my OP. Good thing my mother doesn't post on here....
That's not a bad thought process, the leverage could be a big advantage. Good luck either way dude!

Reactions: Peter Man

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
edgar berlanga just won by KO in the first rd his 10th win as a pro

he's 10-0 in his career all wins by KO in 1st rd in each fight.

all previous fights went the distance, this edgar guy is doing things that tyson was doing when he started out.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad