OT: 67th Obsequious Banter Thread: At Least We’re Not The Leafs, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Joe Tessitore, had to be taken to the hospital prior to the Undercard on Espn 2.

he had to have some kind of operation, espn had a back up play by play. He calls all the action on Espn 2, and the first fight on the PPV.

After the 10th rd , Tessitore returns with his hospital band attached to his hand lol.

Benardo who was calling the fight in for Joe, is now doing in ring interviews lol.

Lol Tessitore is trying to cover the hospital arm band lol, Timothy bradley is trying to yank it off lol.

Max Kellerman is host.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Just watched another decent netflix movie, "hell or high water" - worth a go for sure.

And speaking of Gary Oldman above, guy is amazing. He will always be Drexl from "true romance" to me, if you haven't seen it, go watch it immediately - great flick.

I gotts get caught up on alot of netflix stuff.

Oldman will always be the bad guy on Air Force one

Reactions: Lotusflower

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Joe Tessitore, had to be taken to the hospital prior to the Undercard on Espn 2.

he had to have some kind of operation, espn had a back up play by play. He calls all the action on Espn 2, and the first fight on the PPV.

After the 10th rd , Tessitore returns with his hospital band attached to his hand lol.

Benardo who was calling the fight in for Joe, is now doing in ring interviews lol.

Lol Tessitore is trying to cover the hospital arm band lol, Timothy bradley is trying to yank it off lol.

Max Kellerman is host.

This is a great evisceration of Joe Tessitore.

Rams-Chiefs broadcast is spoiled by loudmouth Joe Tessitore

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
shakur stevenson and Teofimo Lopez both dominating victories.

they are worth watching, hope they headline an event down the road.

Now it's time for the Main Event

Crawford vs Khan

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Gary Oldman is a chameleon. His range is incredible, he can go from the drug dealer in true romance to commissioner Gordon in Batman to Dracula to Zorg in the fifth element to anything and everything in between. I’m pretty sure he plays the lion in the Cadbury egg commercials.
Happy Easter everyone.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I don't watch much boxing, but I have a hard time believing that there's a more technically sound/dominant boxer than Lomachenko. He's a really special talent--goddamn assassin in the ring.

I said pound for pound, when he hits and connects. Last night in deep with Khan , crawford's hits were bringing pain each time. Nearly a TKO in the first round.

What the world wants to see is

Earl Spence jr vs Crawford. Problem is Al Heyman , Earl is signed with him , I'm hoping we get what we did with Floyd and Manny when you had HBO and Showtime agree to both share the telecast.

Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I said pound for pound, when he hits and connects. Last night in deep with Khan , crawford's hits were bringing pain each time. Nearly a TKO in the first round.

Earl Spence jr vs Crawford. Problem is Al Heyman , Earl is signed with him , I'm hoping we get what we did with Floyd and Manny when you had HBO and Showtime agree to both share the telecast.
That’s the glaring problem with Boxing, although I understand it. The fights that fans want to see rarely happen and if they do the fighters usually are past their prime.

Forgot to ask if you saw either of the GGG/Canelo fights. They were both terrible decisions.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

I'm not sure if that makes sense to me.

Lomachenko has an overwhelming attack. The volume of his punches can be broken down into combinations to set up damaging blows. He's always looking for the knockout.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I'm not sure if that makes sense to me.

Lomachenko has an overwhelming attack. The volume of his punches can be broken down into combinations to set up damaging blows. He's always looking for the knockout.

He is capable of defeating Crawford, vice versa.

The new pound for pound rankings will be out Tuesday 10am on First Take.

Lomanchenko is 1, but I feel after his fight last Saturday and Crawford's after last night.

Crawford's game has improved and his hits are causing more damage.

I'm hoping both will Fight each other. but everyone is trying to get Spence Jr and crawford to fight will see.

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
He is capable of defeating Crawford, vice versa.

The new pound for pound rankings will be out Tuesday 10am on First Take.

Lomanchenko is 1, but I feel after his fight last Saturday and Crawford's after last night.

Crawford's game has improved and his hits are causing more damage.

I'm hoping both will Fight each other. but everyone is trying to get Spence Jr and crawford to fight will see.

Lomachenko gives up 9" of reach and 13 lbs to Crawford. Unless he bulks up quite a bit, I don't see him challenging Spence or Crawford. That's a big disadvantage in reach and weight.

The chum for Lomachenko will be Stevenson and Lopez. Both are probably not seasoned enough to be properly prepared for Lomachenko.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Lomachenko gives up 9" of reach and 13 lbs to Crawford. Unless he bulks up quite a bit, I don't see him challenging Spence or Crawford. That's a big disadvantage in reach and weight.

The chum for Lomachenko will be Stevenson and Lopez. Both are probably not seasoned enough to be properly prepared for Lomachenko.

True, well Crawford now is at 147, but he was 140. I don't think he will come back down or as you said loma bulk up.

I saw Lopez he is very fast. I would like to see that fight.

I'd say he's faster and more seasoned then Stevenson.

Lopez also likes to showboat and make an a%% out of himself but it's funny. His Entrance theme was Sinatra last night

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
True, well Crawford now is at 147, but he was 140. I don't think he will come back down or as you said loma bulk up.

I saw Lopez he is very fast. I would like to see that fight.

I'd say he's faster and more seasoned then Stevenson.

Lopez also likes to showboat and make an a%% out of himself but it's funny. His Entrance theme was Sinatra last night

The issue with organizing fights for Lomachenko is that he's ridiculously experienced. He stayed in the amateur circuit until 2012, going 396-1.

At 25, he started taking pro matches. Within 3 bouts, he was given title matches against pretty serious competition. And, except for one bout early in his pro career, Lomachenko has cruised.

By contrast, Stevenson and Lopez are bushy tailed prospects. They've maybe fought 2-3 matches each in the pro circuit that are worth writing about. Lomachenko was a much better prospect than both of them, which is why he got big matches right away in his pro career. Both Stevenson and Lopez had to build resumes by working through fodder.

It would be incredibly risky for either Stevenson or Lopez to schedule a fight with Lomachenko. Neither are probably ready for the old, battered Pacquiao, much less the p4p champ.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Went through the funeral procession for the marine killed on my way back to Delaware. Saw firetrucks and police officers on at least six overpasses. Sad.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That’s the glaring problem with Boxing, although I understand it. The fights that fans want to see rarely happen and if they do the fighters usually are past their prime.

Forgot to ask if you saw either of the GGG/Canelo fights. They were both terrible decisions.

Boxing cares too much about losses. That’s another issue. A perfect record is sacrosanct. So there’s more incentive to build up a paper tiger.

Reactions: wankstifier

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Boxing discussion? Good stuff. What are some of yalls favorite fights?

Ones im partial to:
-Mancini vs Kim (one of the most incredible sporting displays i have ever seen. Not for the faint of heart.)
-Ali vs Chuvalo 1
-Hopkins vs Jones 1
-Duran vs Leonard 1 (Pac vs Mayweather if it actually meant anything)
-Hagler vs Leonard (every time I watch it again I give the decision to the other man)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->