OT: 66th Obsequious Banter Thread: Get your kicks in thread 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
There was a box of free used books at work and I found Dune in there and took it on vacation. Distractions by children didn't help my cause but that book is really dense with world-building from the get-go and I didn't make it that far. I think it's more the type of book to try to read at home on a staycation since I haven't had an adult vacation in years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Also, why would you ever have bombs that you DROPPED in SPACE?!?!?!?!?!?

ITS
SPAAAAAAAAAAACE

Empire Strikes Back did it too, so it didn't really bother me.

Speaking of the space battles, a really nice thing about TLJ is that it helps seal the "rules" for space battles in Star Wars. Specifically, that you need to get close and get inside a big ship's shields to bring it down; hence why fighters are so dangerous. This has been sort of the unspoken trend in Episode VI and the prequels. Ep 8 made that more obvious.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"POE WHY DID YOU STICK AROUND AND BLOW UP THE DREADNAUGHT, FIGHTER PILOTS DIED"

YEAH? YOU DON'T THINK BLOWING UP A DREADNAUGHT MIGHT SAVE MORE PEOPLE THAN THE HANDFUL LOST? ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF THE RESISTANCE?

BRUH

AND WHY ARE THE SHIPS LASERS ARCHING THROUGH SPACE? WHERE IS THIS GRAVITY COMING FROM

EDIT- FORCE FLYING THROUGH SPACE OK STOP RIAN

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"POE WHY DID YOU STICK AROUND AND BLOW UP THE DREADNAUGHT, FIGHTER PILOTS DIED"

YEAH? YOU DON'T THINK BLOWING UP A DREADNAUGHT MIGHT SAVE MORE PEOPLE THAN THE HANDFUL LOST? ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF THE RESISTANCE?

BRUH

Their pilots are a more valuable and harder-to-replace commodity for the Resistance than a ship is to the First Order, though. Ask the Imperial Japanese Navy what happens when you start losing pilots faster than you can replace them, or the Confederacy with soldiers in general.

I'm more curious why Leia let the whole thing happen and then chewed him out for it. Dudette, who first put the things into space and who was going along with it until it backfired? That shit isn't on Poe.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Their pilots are a more valuable and harder-to-replace commodity for the Resistance than a ship is to the First Order, though. Ask the Imperial Japanese Navy what happens when you start losing pilots faster than you can replace them, or the Confederacy with soldiers in general.

I'm more curious why Leia let the whole thing happen and then chewed him out for it. Dudette, who first put the things into space and who was going along with it until it backfired? That **** isn't on Poe.
OK THAT KINDA MAKES SENSE

AND YEAH IF SHE DIDNT WANT THAT WHOLE THING HAPPENING WHY WERE THEY SO CLEARLY PREPARED AND SETUP TO DO IT? THEY DIDN'T JUST PUT THAT TOGETHER IN SECONDS #POEDIDNOTHINGWRONG

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
OK THAT KINDA MAKES SENSE

AND YEAH IF SHE DIDNT WANT THAT WHOLE THING HAPPENING WHY WERE THEY SO CLEARLY PREPARED AND SETUP TO DO IT? THEY DIDN'T JUST PUT THAT TOGETHER IN SECONDS #POEDIDNOTHINGWRONG

Yeah I'm fully on Poe's side here. Leia was shit. They commit to the attack and then she wants to pull back? Dude, at that point you were losing all the bombers either way, might as well try to do damage on the way out. You chose to roll the dice, you try to quit the game in the middle and the hobo you're shooting with in that alley is eating your face off.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
She moved. Nothing else around her moved.

I think you need to read A Brief History of Time and brush up on relativity. She could have just shifted everything.

Even if she didn't, it is canon that Palpatine conceived Anakin by thinking super hard at Schmi's womb from across the galaxy. Pulling yourself towards the ship is nothing.

Reactions: Rebels57

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think you need to read A Brief History of Time and brush up on relativity. She could have just shifted everything.

Even if she didn't, it is canon that Palpatine conceived Anakin by thinking super hard at Schmi's womb from across the galaxy. Pulling yourself towards the ship is nothing.

Is it really brief?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"NO MORE JEDI"
*ONE HOLOGRAM LATER*
"OK ONE MORE JEDI BUT ONLY THREE LESSONS"
K

PURPLE HAIR JURASSIC PARK LADY... WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC? WHY DIDNT THEY DO THAT AFTER RETURN OF THE JEDI WHEN THE EMPIRE WAS DEFEATED? WHAT WERE THEY DOING THE LAST 3+ DECADES? HOW ARE THEY STILL THE RESISTANCE? WHERE DID THE FIRST ORDER COME FROM? SOMEONE HELP ME

"ONLY THE LEAD SHIP IS TRACKING US" HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT AND IF THE OTHERS CAN JUST START TRACKING YOU IF YOU BLOW UP THE LEAD SHIP THEN WHY WOULDN'T THEY BE TRACKING YOU AT THE SAME TIME? GONNA USE UP ALL THEIR TRACKING JUICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad