Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 5 at Rangers 3, Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hate is a strong word and dumb under the circumstances. The disrespect he has faced on this board is ridiculous. He is a pro, had a career in the show, beat an addiction is a family man...the lack of respect is beyond the pale. It's this shit that makes Philly fans look like douches.

Nobody hates or dislikes (if the first word is too strong for your liking) the person. They dislike the player. These are separate things.

This is just deflection to ignore that Thompson isn’t particularly good at the NHL level at this stage in his career.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Hate is a strong word and dumb under the circumstances. The disrespect he has faced on this board is ridiculous. He is a pro, had a career in the show, beat an addiction is a family man...the lack of respect is beyond the pale. It's this shit that makes Philly fans look like douches.

yeah, this fanbase is very viral on vets despite the fact we are on a six game winning streak and we are close to clumbling over washington, even if we win a cup, it's probably going to be same complaining, young players should be winning the cup and not vets. such a miserable fanbase i tell you that, i just want to break the 45 year drought, i could care less if it's young players or vets, let's win it all.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So because he is a pro, played for years in the NHL, is a family man, and battled an addiction we're not supposed to comment that he's a bad hockey player? None of us dislike Nate Thompson the guy, we dislike Nate Thompson the hockey player. Just because he is a good guy doesn't mean he should be protected from criticism. See one, Chris Stewart.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Nate Thompson is one scoop of acme brand vanilla ice cream. Not hideous not nothing remotely exciting especially on offense. I want Farabbe the potential hot fudge sundae with all the trimmings.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nobody hates or dislikes (if the first word is too strong for your liking) the person. They dislike the player. These are separate things.

This is just deflection to ignore that Thompson isn’t particularly good at the NHL level at this stage in his career.
This is just common sense that I'm sure everyone understands, but they're playing dumb in order to throw a fit over the criticism.

The same kind of common sense we use to realize that when people say a player sucks, they mean relative to other NHL players.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

That trade was hilariously bad even at the time. Melynk didn’t want to pay Zibanejad’s upcoming extension.

I saved this tweet thread a while ago but the tweets got deleted... luckily I have screenshots. :laugh:

17ce0d5ba95b0205c048e6126adea5d9.png

b6c996890bd060ecde9df993be20a3fa.png

2d5ab7f7b331c4dddfe23e7bf2d5631c.png

ee053ecbe0c67900b41acfc404da223c.png

d8c1e6d275ac92a9c1671fae36f635f5.png

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Compared to his first three games here, yeah.

Although in Anaheim he was 4C and here he's been be 3C, which is just asking too much. I think he'd do much better as 4C with Raffl and NAK.
Agreed. Patrick?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Agreed. Patrick?
If he could come back then it'd be perfect but until then I want Frost up.

If it were up to me, our current top 9 would be:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Frost-Laughton
And the 4th line is some combo of NAK, Grant, Raffl, and Pitlick.

If Patrick comes back then:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Patrick-Frost
With the 4th line being some combo of Laughton, NAK, Grant, Raffl, and Pitlick.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So because he is a pro, played for years in the NHL, is a family man, and battled an addiction we're not supposed to comment that he's a bad hockey player? None of us dislike Nate Thompson the guy, we dislike Nate Thompson the hockey player. Just because he is a good guy doesn't mean he should be protected from criticism. See one, Chris Stewart.

Ooh, were white knighting for Thompson now? Ah, the contrarianism never sleeps.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A lot of talk here about the old-new PP unit (which is obviously humming because you'd have to be a chain smoking puppet with a botched lobotomy, or a lover of those puppets, to not realize that wrong side unit was a hideous looking overreaction)........but Voracek has been instrumental, if not leading the charge. Shoutout the "get him off PP1 for a sniper" peeps. He didn't luck his way into top 10 PP production for much of a decade. High degree difficulty east-west passes are still the Holy Grail of PPs.

NAK now has 3 PP points, including 2 goals. Fun fact: he never scored a PP goal in the AHL in 229 games. He's probably seen more PP time in 1/3 of an NHL season than in all that AHL time. Your scoring depth is on the weaker side if he's getting regular NHL PP time (surprises me they never use Laughton in the slot), but all you can do is laugh really and praise development. 33 point pace.

NA(HL)K = No hands

N(HL)AK = Hands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad