Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 5 at Rangers 3, Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As a transplanted New Yorker who lives in Doylestown, I know all about what's going on with your team as a bunch of my buddies are Flyers fans and I haven't seen them this happy or hockey crazy for a long time . I even told them today as we watched the game together, I wouldn't be surprised frankly if your Flyers won a round or two and made it to the ECF. Yeah it would piss me off but I'm also realistic too as I think the Flyers could beat the Pens, Caps or Carolina as well as the Jackets if they somehow got in.

There is something magical that goes on with AV's hockey teams his first year on the job...look it up and you'll see what I mean tho I bet some of y'all already have looked it up as he did the same shit with us when he first came to NY.

Anyways nice job by your team this weekend. A bit surprised my Rangers couldn't figure out a way to win today but we came out so damn flat and tho we are the best 3rd period team in the league, we were too far behind the 8 ball this time.

I got a feeling our two teams will be dominating the Metro for the next 5-7 years as it's time for the Pens and Caps to say sayanora soon as their stars are getting older, the Canes don't have enough goaltending and the Islanders are well the Islanders.

And if that's the case, than that's a good thing for the us and the league cause there's nothing like a Ranger Flyer rivalry when both our teams are good and relevant. You guys are a bit ahead of us now but once our kiddies get a bit more experience we'll catch up to you and it should be alot of fun going forward.

That said, nice job by your boys this weekend and in a way it's not the worst thing in the world for us as it's kind of calmed down a bit of the somewhat unrealistic playoff talk we had going on as tho the Rangers are about a year ahead in our rebuild, the playoffs weren't even on the radar a month ago let alone before the season.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I saved this tweet thread a while ago but the tweets got deleted... luckily I have screenshots. :laugh:

17ce0d5ba95b0205c048e6126adea5d9.png

b6c996890bd060ecde9df993be20a3fa.png

2d5ab7f7b331c4dddfe23e7bf2d5631c.png

ee053ecbe0c67900b41acfc404da223c.png

d8c1e6d275ac92a9c1671fae36f635f5.png
I thought I remembered every step of this saga but I completely missed the Killer Onesies!!! I just laughed so hard I got light-headed. That actually beats the Plastic Ball Barrage.

Reactions: Striiker

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
As a transplanted New Yorker who lives in Doylestown, I know all about what's going on with your team as a bunch of my buddies are Flyers fans and I haven't seen them this happy or hockey crazy for a long time . I even told them today as we watched the game together, I wouldn't be surprised frankly if your Flyers won a round or two and made it to the ECF. Yeah it would piss me off but I'm also realistic too as I think the Flyers could beat the Pens, Caps or Carolina as well as the Jackets if they somehow got in.

There is something magical that goes on with AV's hockey teams his first year on the job...look it up and you'll see what I mean tho I bet some of y'all already have looked it up as he did the same shit with us when he first came to NY.

Anyways nice job by your team this weekend. A bit surprised my Rangers couldn't figure out a way to win today but we came out so damn flat and tho we are the best 3rd period team in the league, we were too far behind the 8 ball this time.

I got a feeling our two teams will be dominating the Metro for the next 5-7 years as it's time for the Pens and Caps to say sayanora soon as their stars are getting older, the Canes don't have enough goaltending and the Islanders are well the Islanders.

And if that's the case, than that's a good thing for the us and the league cause there's nothing like a Ranger Flyer rivalry when both our teams are good and relevant. You guys are a bit ahead of us now but once our kiddies get a bit more experience we'll catch up to you and it should be alot of fun going forward.

That said, nice job by your boys this weekend and in a way it's not the worst thing in the world for us as it's kind of calmed down a bit of the somewhat unrealistic playoff talk we had going on as tho the Rangers are about a year ahead in our rebuild, the playoffs weren't even on the radar a month ago let alone before the season.

I think the Rangers need about 2 defensemen and 2 forwards to really be in the mix. They're sort of where the Flyers were in 2016 or so; one dominant line, dangerous on PP, a couple of good puck-moving defenseman. Panarin-Zibanejad are about as good a W/C combo as there is and should be great for 5 more years.

Reactions: Maximus

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
@GKJ could be good at that. Too many variables for my mind right now.

By my count, Magic Number against Carolina is 28, 25 Vs. Columbus, 31 Vs. NYI, 33 Vs. Pittsburgh.

I was right on my correction, first I had 29, then 28 on the post I tagged MSE in.

Carolina is all I'm focused on right now because there the first team looking out.

Wins vs crapitals and canes drops it to 24, but beating canes out right would feel like a 6 pt swing

Last edited by a moderator:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
1) Grant is legit quality acquisition for 4th round pick. I suspect come June we will be discussing on these board who to keep between Pitlick and Grant and if it is possible to trade Rafll and keep both. 2) The king is dead and it is in Rangers best interest to buy out and move on(unless monster trade offer for Georgiev).3) Don't over analyze garbage time ranger goals. They showed heart. They came back. We were clearly the better team (and schedule advantage helped). 4)@Washington is more interesting by the moment. 2 weeks ago though lock we play @Wash or @pitts rd 1. Why can't we be home nyi rd 1?

I just hope we can finally start winning against

Pens, caps, lightning.

Those 3, I'd like to beat.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
If he could come back then it'd be perfect but until then I want Frost up.

If it were up to me, our current top 9 would be:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Frost-Laughton
And the 4th line is some combo of NAK, Grant, Raffl, and Pitlick.

If Patrick comes back then:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Patrick-Frost
With the 4th line being some combo of Laughton, NAK, Grant, Raffl, and Pitlick.
I think frost will be a player. But I do believe Laughton or nak I would prefer at this point slotted in for frost.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
might as well have tried to get cody eakin to be ur 3rd line center and grant the 4c if the goal was to get two centers for laughts/raffl to remain wings..

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think the Rangers need about 2 defensemen and 2 forwards to really be in the mix. They're sort of where the Flyers were in 2016 or so; one dominant line, dangerous on PP, a couple of good puck-moving defenseman. Panarin-Zibanejad are about as good a W/C combo as there is and should be great for 5 more years.

You make some good points tho I think we have the 2 fwds you are referring too on the team already...Kakko and Chytil as those two are very talented guys. They just need some more seasoning and Kakko especially needs a full off season where he can work on his skating and his stamina cause he seems gassed after 20-30 seconds each shift.

I think our keeping Kreider was a smart and savvy move by Gorton for a reasonable contract and term and so I think we have a solid top 6 and once the Kakko's, Chytils and hopefully Kravtsov emerges, we'll be in good shape.

It's the 3rd and 4th lines where you guys have the advantage over ours for sure. I watch alot of hockey much to my wife's chagrin via NHL Center Ice due to this crazy hobby the past 20 years called fantasy hockey(LOL) and other than Colorado, I think the Flyers 3rd and 4th lines are as good as anyones in the league and that's a huge advantage for you guys.

AV knows how too put together a very good balanced offense and he rolls out all 4 lines with equal confidence.

Your right about our defensive corps as we are in pretty desperate need of a solid dman for the left side. We are set on the right side with Tony D, Fox and Trouba. But if you have to rely on Marc Staal and Brendan Smith as we do, you know you have some issues. So totally agree with you there.

We are pretty lucky that we Sather finally gave the keys to the car to Gorton cause like your GM Fletcher who is really good at what he does, most of my brothers in Rangerland have alot of confidence in his decisions. So I'm sure he'll address our gaping hole on defense.

In net, I think both our teams are set for the future as for the first time since Pelle Lindbergh, it looks like the Flyers got it right with Carter Hart who IMO is probably one of the top 5 goalies in the league under the age of 25 and will be a Vezina contender down the road....I'm convinced of that.

We have some dude named Shesterkin who you might have noticed down here in Philly is pretty good and was rolling until this unfortunate car accident. But we are very confident in him here in Rangerland and it could be good times like the old days when Giacoman vs Parent was all the rage....lol

Funny, due to alot of my friends being Flyer fans, I can't hate on the Flyers like I used too. I mean I still detest them but that's mostly because I'm old enough to remember when Dave Schultz, Dave Brown, Rich Tocchet used to take cheap shots at my boys and most of the time kicked our asses in fights....lol

Trust me....our two teams will be the ones dominating the Metro before long...I have no doubt in my mind about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad