Post-Game Talk: #65: FLYERS 5 at Rangers 3, Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I kinda forgot about Kaako, didn't really notice him in the two games.

Am I a hater for mentioning that it looks like the Hayes line has no chance at ever stopping Zibanejad/Panarin? Because I feel like that's gonna be a thing sometime in the future. I really think we need to slow down on all this "Laughton is a core player" talk going on lately.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016

Am I a hater for mentioning that it looks like the Hayes line has no chance at ever stopping Zibanejad/Panarin? Because I feel like that's gonna be a thing sometime in the future. I really think we need to slow down on all this "Laughton is a core player" talk going on lately.
I don’t think so, i imagine that line will become couts and companies assignment or am I wrong?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Epic collapse by Vancouver

Jackets wont die

It's friggen ridiculous with them Jackets. Your right...they won't die despite all their injuries.

I want them to lose more than you guys seeing Rangers are battling it out for one of those final WC spots tho this weekend's sweep by you guys just made that alot tougher to happen...thanks alot...lol

Why wait till they give the awards out in Vegas after the season.

Just give the Jack Adams award now to Torts and move on...seriously!

I never thought this before or when he coached for my Rangers but he's probably a lock for the HOF.

Guy is doing a phenomenal job with there in Columbus.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I just hope we can finally start winning against

Pens, caps, lightning.

Those 3, I'd like to beat.
We got 3 of 4 points last time v Pens. Caps we won last time. Lightning if we play Eatsern finals I'll worry then.We play up to our good competition. Its the devils west coast games that were rough.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Dude it's kind of easy to forget about Kakko unfortunatly at least for us it is. I eluded it too before in one of my posts earlier on your board. The guys is uber talented and he's likely going to be a star as in have a Giroux type impact down the road. But that's not going to be for few years tho.

He needs a severe off season training regimen where he gets some power skating training as well as he needs to do some stamina and strength work. The guy simply can't keep up with his linemates alot of times and he's gassed after 20-30 seconds of every shift.

The good thing...he just turned 19 and I'd bet a decent chunk of my mortgage he'll come into training camp a much better conditioned player and Flyer fans like you next year will notice him in our games unlike this year where like you say, he's been kind of not noticeable.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I only really ever noticed him as it sounded like the announcers we’re saying “Taco” whenever they pronounced his name.

Reactions: Maximus and SnS

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Are there Keith Jones memes of the pregame exchange with Milbury?

for those who missed it jones was talking about coots being the most important player. Milbury responds by saying he disagrees and that’s Jake is what makes the line tick and is a glue guy.

Jones responds with “well.....you’re wrong” and he’s never said anything with more confidence in his life. It was was great.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
As a transplanted New Yorker who lives in Doylestown, I know all about what's going on with your team as a bunch of my buddies are Flyers fans and I haven't seen them this happy or hockey crazy for a long time . I even told them today as we watched the game together, I wouldn't be surprised frankly if your Flyers won a round or two and made it to the ECF. Yeah it would piss me off but I'm also realistic too as I think the Flyers could beat the Pens, Caps or Carolina as well as the Jackets if they somehow got in.

There is something magical that goes on with AV's hockey teams his first year on the job...look it up and you'll see what I mean tho I bet some of y'all already have looked it up as he did the same shit with us when he first came to NY.

Anyways nice job by your team this weekend. A bit surprised my Rangers couldn't figure out a way to win today but we came out so damn flat and tho we are the best 3rd period team in the league, we were too far behind the 8 ball this time.

I got a feeling our two teams will be dominating the Metro for the next 5-7 years as it's time for the Pens and Caps to say sayanora soon as their stars are getting older, the Canes don't have enough goaltending and the Islanders are well the Islanders.

And if that's the case, than that's a good thing for the us and the league cause there's nothing like a Ranger Flyer rivalry when both our teams are good and relevant. You guys are a bit ahead of us now but once our kiddies get a bit more experience we'll catch up to you and it should be alot of fun going forward.

That said, nice job by your boys this weekend and in a way it's not the worst thing in the world for us as it's kind of calmed down a bit of the somewhat unrealistic playoff talk we had going on as tho the Rangers are about a year ahead in our rebuild, the playoffs weren't even on the radar a month ago let alone before the season.

Nor really about the rest of the post, just quoting because I grew up in Doylestown, and then briefly lived there again five years back after me and this girl I had known for three weeks decided to drop what we were doing and travel around the country. That last part is relevant for you because she's a huge Mets fan.

But it is fun living in another team's territory, particularly a hated rival--did that in the Burgh for a long time. You learn about another team, get to watch some more hockey, and even can make some great friendships that start off as chirps. I think it also changes how you watch hockey, because you end up seeing a lot of games where you're mostly ambivalent to the outcome, but watching it with people who aren't. You get to practice impartiality and actual hockey observation, just so you can impress your friends or play devil's advocate.

Also gives you some perspective when you watch another fanbase's members have the same ridiculous reactions to things, like the folks who always want the coach fired or the guys who want every player traded. You can also learn the differences, like I noticed Pens fans were always more hopeful than Flyers fans, and more certain that they would win games or whatever--but sometimes that drifted into bratty entitlement territory.

I hate the hell out of the Penguins still, but that whole experience had a funny effect on me: If I'm out in an airport somewhere, and I see a Penguins logo--like, on a hat or shirt--it makes me really happy. It isn't my team, but it was the origin of a lot of my best friendships. Hell, even when they won their Cups, I was mad as hell...like, kinda sick to my stomach in 2017, especially. But this tiny, tiny sliver of me was alright, because it made people I care about very happy. Iz only game.

The best is when your team wins a playoff series while you're living in that enemy territory, though. You get to feel all their anguish swirling around you and it makes you stronger. So hopefully you don't get to feel that any time soon.

Anyway, hope the folks in my hometown treat you as well as folks in that other town treated me, and that you've gained weird, conflicting positive feelings about the Flyers logo and our fans as a result. All the best!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Nor really about the rest of the post, just quoting because I grew up in Doylestown, and then briefly lived there again five years back after me and this girl I had known for three weeks decided to drop what we were doing and travel around the country. That last part is relevant for you because she's a huge Mets fan.

But it is fun living in another team's territory, particularly a hated rival--did that in the Burgh for a long time. You learn about another team, get to watch some more hockey, and even can make some great friendships that start off as chirps. I think it also changes how you watch hockey, because you end up seeing a lot of games where you're mostly ambivalent to the outcome, but watching it with people who aren't. You get to practice impartiality and actual hockey observation, just so you can impress your friends or play devil's advocate.

Also gives you some perspective when you watch another fanbase's members have the same ridiculous reactions to things, like the folks who always want the coach fired or the guys who want every player traded. You can also learn the differences, like I noticed Pens fans were always more hopeful than Flyers fans, and more certain that they would win games or whatever--but sometimes that drifted into bratty entitlement territory.

I hate the hell out of the Penguins still, but that whole experience had a funny effect on me: If I'm out in an airport somewhere, and I see a Penguins logo--like, on a hat or shirt--it makes me really happy. It isn't my team, but it was the origin of a lot of my best friendships. Hell, even when they won their Cups, I was mad as hell...like, kinda sick to my stomach in 2017, especially. But this tiny, tiny sliver of me was alright, because it made people I care about very happy. Iz only game.

The best is when your team wins a playoff series while you're living in that enemy territory, though. You get to feel all their anguish swirling around you and it makes you stronger. So hopefully you don't get to feel that any time soon.

Anyway, hope the folks in my hometown treat you as well as folks in that other town treated me, and that you've gained weird, conflicting positive feelings about the Flyers logo and our fans as a result. All the best!

Good stuff and yes I agree being down here in Philly land and being a New Yorker most of my life definitely has given me a different perspective on our respective teams and how we root and support them.

Before I moved down here, all I knew about Philly fans were that they were very passionate about their teams and that they hated pretty much every thing New York.

I happened to move to Dtown when I married a girl down here and my move here just so happened to coincide with the very same year my friggen Mets somehow choked and gagged a 7 game lead with 2 weeks to go to your Phillies.

I had made a bunch of friends here and believe me I was razzed and chirped to no end and deservedly so. It was all done in a good natured way and I got to see that Phillie fans and Met fans like myself had alot in common.

Fast forward 3 years and it just so happens my Rangers and Flyers are playing in a "win and you are in the playoffs" game at your barn and once again my boys don't get the job done and somehow Brian Boucher outplays the King and you guys get in the dance and my boyz go get the golf clubs out. It was as devastating to me as the Mets choke was and once again I'm getting razzed and abused by my buds as once again I have to take it.

Bottom line with Met, Jets, Ranger and Knick fans like me. When it comes to our rooting interests, I have found over the years we both share alot in common. Whether your an Eagle, Phillie, Flyer or Sixers fan over the years, both our fanbases knows what suffering and frustration is all about as it seems like our teams have the worst effin luck of any teams in all of sports.

Yes your Eagles won the Super Bowl a few years ago and I was actually very happy for you guys seeing I'm a Jet fan and we have no issue with each other there. In fact I probably hate the football Giants as much as you guys do and so I was very happy for all my long suffering die hard Eagle fan friends that they finally got a Super Bowl win.

I was envious because I could only hope that one day my Jets will win a SB for me(I was too young to remember the Namath Jets SB win)

Both our fanbases in every sport are very passionate about our teams and are very knowledgeable. And tho we are rivals in 3 of the 4 sports, it's very rare that our teams are good at the same time. It looks like things are changing tho as Met and Phillies should be good this year and very soon both Flyers and Rangers will be good at same time.

Unfortunately my Knicks I'm convinced will never be good again in my lifetime and so you guys will always have us there in hoops unless by a miracle we can draft another Patrick Ewing....lol

Bottom line...tho we have bigtime rivalries, we share so much in common the teams that I root for and your teams, tho I'd love to truly hate you guys...I can't. I love my Philly friends and I know that if one of my teams ever won a title and I went to a parade which hasn't happened much for me...Rangers '94 and Mets '86, they would be happy for me just like I was for Philly fans when they beat the Yankees in '08 and the Eagles in '18.

The camaraderie we all share is pretty damn cool and all the razzing and abuse we all give each other during the season is part of the deal and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Last edited:

FlyerFan22

Dec 22, 2015
Philadelphia
"There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the clumb"

KpmZn8a.png
I wonder if he ever googled himself, ended up here, and found out he is a celebrity.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

How much difference does Couts without the flu make?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Curious, I'm asking this because I haven't been watching enough of the Flyers lately, but have they been constantly rolling with the V on the right boards and G on the left boards lately for the PP?

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Curious, I'm asking this because I haven't been watching enough of the Flyers lately, but have they been constantly rolling with the V on the right boards and G on the left boards lately for the PP?

Yes. After the game, I think it was Keith Jones, asked Voracek what's the reason for the recent PP success. Voracek immediately answered, "Well, we're back in the spots we're used to playing."

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I saved this tweet thread a while ago but the tweets got deleted... luckily I have screenshots. :laugh:

I don't think that thread even went into enough detail about how badly Dorion got dunked on in the Hoffman trades either.

Senators are really a poster child for how much good ownership means to a sports franchise. Despite all of that they still have a decent prospect pool, and play in the Atlantic so there's always a shot.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad