Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I've searched on the Swedish forum here in hfboards and someone mentionned that he played better than Broberg in the Allsvenskan. It's been a few times I've seen that written already. Looking good for him!
He did play better. He excelled whereas Broberg wasnt himself. But to pit things into perspective, Norlinder is one year or so older than him. So its not that surprising...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
didn't know he was that skilled. interesting report. wasn't thrilled that we seemed to be slavishly picking for need but I'm liking this draft more and more.

Reactions: Simarino

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I hope he makes the WJC and beats out Broberg, Soderstrom, Bjornfot and others for MVP ;)

Imagine the main board.

We are incredibly overdue for a late pick to blow expectations out of the water, that would be great.

Other than Mete who has been good but not great, we haven’t had a slam dunk past the second round since Gallagher. That’s a decade ago.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We are incredibly overdue for a late pick to blow expectations out of the water, that would be great.

Other than Mete who has been good but not great, we haven’t had a slam dunk past the second round since Gallagher. That’s a decade ago.

I wouldn't think the league average for finding top 6 fowards or top 4 D after the 2nd round is any more than 1 every 4 years. So that we got Gallagher in 2010 and Mete in 2016 is pretty much par for the course...

Primeau, Pitlick, and Harris are looking pretty good as of late.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Wonder if he is a dark horse to make the team. After all, he's already playing with men and acquitting himself well. Or is Leskinen sufficiently talented and presumed closer to a starting position with the big team?

There is a need for more puck movers at the back, especially if this team sees itself as a skating team. If we cannot trade for one or sign one, let's promote one.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He did play better. He excelled whereas Broberg wasnt himself. But to pit things into perspective, Norlinder is one year or so older than him. So its not that surprising...
I’ve never understood the logic behind the great hesitancy in drafting a player that is only several months older than the available draft class. If the ‘older’ player is all ready excelling among his competing draft class , hasn’t the older player already achieved a level of development/ progress you are hoping the younger draft eligible players achieve? All players develop at a different rate: some improve greatly; some plateau; and some regress. If you believe a player can make the NHL and have an impactive career, and is still available when your turn to draft comes up, whether he is 18 or 19 should not be the sole determinative factor in a team’s decision making process.

Last edited:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Wonder if he is a dark horse to make the team. After all, he's already playing with men and acquitting himself well. Or is Leskinen sufficiently talented and presumed closer to a starting position with the big team?

There is a need for more puck movers at the back, especially if this team sees itself as a skating team. If we cannot trade for one or sign one, let's promote one.

Not this year. We have our LHDs ready for this year with Mete-Chiarot-Kulak-Reilly and Leskinen-Ouellet as callups.

Jul 6, 2016

The kid is barely 21. He should had finished his Junior years and play in the AHL before becoming a NHL blueliner.... Hopefully, he will be fine down the road.

Reactions: Gravity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad