Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The scouting reports are great but he's a year older than most players in the draft. Hopefully that means he's a rising star and not just a product of being a little older and a little stronger than his draft peers.

Scouting reports are rarely not great. They always have something positive to say about the kids. Go read some reports of the past and what the guys did. Sometime it's laughable.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He was one of the options at 50.

Exactly, Timmins had a group of players that he would have taken at 50. Norlinder was the highest ranking member of that group to survive the fall to 64.

It is amazing how horrendous reading comprehension is on these boards. This is how nonsensical myths occur here, thank you for straightening that out.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Congrats on a really solid pick. This kid is a stud. Started the season in J20 Superelit and was really dominant. And when he finally got called up to the mens team, he instantly became one of Modos best defenseman. Easily made the biggest impact of any junior-D in the league, including Broberg. Probably one of the best pure skaters in the draft. Had offers from a bunch of SHL-teams but decided to stay in Allsvenskan for one more year. As a fan of Modo, nothing made me happier.

He was also named MVP in the J20-playoffs. I thought someone would pick him in the second round honestly.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
I had listened to this segment of The Pipeline Show just a few days before the draft, but I didn't remember how much the Swedish guy scouting in Europe for Hockey Prospect seemed to like Norlinder.

It's just 90 seconds long or whatever, but from 13:22 there was some interesting words about him from Johan Lindemalm Karlsson (last in the list).

THE PIPELINE SHOW: A Draft Preview Special

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Looks like a steal. Cant wait to see him in wjcs this winter. He might not make the team considering how strong is sweden defence

Reactions: Stive Morgan

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I've searched on the Swedish forum here in hfboards and someone mentionned that he played better than Broberg in the Allsvenskan. It's been a few times I've seen that written already. Looking good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad