GDT: #64: Rangers at FLYERS, Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Flyers’ chances aren’t going to be about outskating & outskilling teams.

Frost & Farabee aren’t going to tip that battle. Not this year at least.

Their better odds this season against the top of the terrific East are following a CBJ v TB game plan from last year.

Frostpickle

Feb 24, 2020
we will easily get exposed in a 7 game series. Regular season wise they can survive and pull through. In 7 games against deep top teams..laughton in the top 6 and grant+pitlick on the 3rd line is just scary. If laughton can go with grant and pitlick on the 4th it lessens the load. or just put grant there and scratch thompson...thomspon was just a stupid trade
Yeah, I could not disagree more. Thompson is fine as a 4th line center, good pk and faceoff guy. Laughton is in a better spot at LW and playing with confidence. Smart trade for the playoffs, neither Frost or Farabee are ready for the physicality of the playoffs yet. Hopefully by protecting JVR on the 3rd line he can start putting the puck in the net. Next year we should see Farabee and Frost ready to go with an extra 10-15lbs.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Laughton is on pace for 40 ES points in the middle 6. Its time for people to recognize hes not a 4th liner.

With you on the rest of your point though.

not a top 6 guy. I like laughts but we won't win with him there. Keep him on 3 line wing and we will be much harder to play against

Also, if we are going to roll with this lineup we need more offense (ahem ghost). Even though we have been doing really well without him..we need old ghost badly

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Yeah, I could not disagree more. Thompson is fine as a 4th line center, good pk and faceoff guy. Laughton is in a better spot at LW and playing with confidence. Smart trade for the playoffs, neither Frost or Farabee are ready for the physicality of the playoffs yet. Hopefully by protecting JVR on the 3rd line he can start putting the puck in the net. Next year we should see Farabee and Frost ready to go with an extra 10-15lbs.

rookies play in the playoffs all the time. This notion they can't hang is ludicrous. Also, "protecting" jvr by playing him with grant and pitlick....the only thing you are protecting is him not getting any points

1. we don't need another faceoff/pk guy when we have a ton of those already
2. we needed more scoring and more depth in that department. If the goal was to get two centers so that we don't need to rely on bunnaman then you should've gone after trocheck, thornton, etc. Those guys would've helped a lot more than thompson. Grant should be our 3c, making thompson redundant

Reactions: DaphneLion

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
When you are missing your 2LW and 3C for the season, Laughton becomes really damn important filling in either role.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
When you are missing your 2LW and 3C for the season, Laughton becomes really damn important filling in either role.
in reality it depends on how grant plays as well. If grant can play adequately on 3c then it will allow us to play laughton on 2nd line wing and we don't lose a step. Grant needs to be more than just a shutdown center with JVR on his line though.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
how cool any these lines be next year with a better patrick/farabee? Always wanted to see tk with patrick and see if that chesmitry is on the ice as well

patrick-couts-tk

g-couts-patrick

g-couts-farabee

patrick-hayes-tk

farabee-hayes-patrick

farabee-patrick-tk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad