GDT: #64 - Penguins vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This team has seriously regressed since the start of the year

Defencemen have lost their confidence and are making so many mistakes these days

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I really don't understand trying to skate right up the middle in a 4v4....

When Dunleavy said "sure looked like there was something there, but that closed up in a hurry," I shook my head. It didn't look like a dangerous situation in the slightest.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Lol @ the ref with the best angle in the house not calling that a penalty.

Looked like a stick lift to me.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Honestly, that period didn't seem nearly as bad as the 20-7 shots suggest.

Obviously the score plays a part in that. But seemed like a lot of lower quaoity shots to me.

Reactions: gallagt01

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Ullmark looks shaky af. He and Hutton have been playing hot potato with the starting job since December.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I'm gonna focus on positives..

I really like Montour's game. Great offense, haven't seen any D problems so far, and he looks motivated. Malkin's a scumbag, glad Montour responded, and then he was looking for a big hit late in the period on a puck that missed the Pens player.

Okposo looks alright. I hope he is. Not just head injury-wise, but in terms of still being able to play hockey.

That Hunwick call just evens out the nonsense call we got in our favor on a clean hit.

Don't like the lines but Eichel's so good he makes the decision look alright. Credit to Sheary for not f***ing up for once.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
In his head, does Risto actually have some secret yearning to play forward? I feel like the only time he ever looks halfway confident (sometimes competent) is when he's moving up ice with the puck. His defensive fundamentals seem like an afterthought sometimes, as if he's floating in the defensive end and waiting for the puck to turnover and transition to offense. Just thinking out loud.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
In his head, does Risto actually have some secret yearning to play forward? I feel like the only time he ever looks halfway confident (sometimes competent) is when he's moving up ice with the puck. His defensive fundamentals seem like an afterthought sometimes, as if he's floating in the defensive end and waiting for the puck to turnover and transition to offense. Just thinking out loud.
If we could get another good RD converting him to wing could actually be a plausible option.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
When Dunleavy said "sure looked like there was something there, but that closed up in a hurry," I shook my head. It didn't look like a dangerous situation in the slightest.
Dunleavy goes out of his way to excuse any Sabre of fault and it's actually annoying the more you look for it and notice it.

When our goalies were busy giving up 5 goals per game over three weeks, all he'd ever talk about, as part of his goal call, is just how unlucky the poor Sabres have been as they shat away any chance at a playoff spot

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
If we could get another good RD converting him to wing could actually be a plausible option.
Borgen maybe? Samuelsson?

I could see it, him getting carte blanche to get in on a forecheck and bang some bodies without having the pressure of needing to suddenly get back and stop an odd man rush. We definitely need a power forward with a skill set like his. But then it begs the question: why not just deal him for a natural position player like that?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Dunleavy goes out of his way to excuse any Sabre of fault and it's actually annoying the more you look for it and notice it.

When our goalies were busy giving up 5 goals per game over three weeks, all he'd ever talk about, as part of his goal call, is just how unlucky the poor Sabres have been as they shat away any chance at a playoff spot

He knows who signs his paycheck......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad