Game Preview: 3/1/19 vs. Pittsburgh

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

LAST GAME
Tuesday, February 26
Buffalo 2 at Philadelphia 5
Goals: Eichel, Mittelstadt
Goalie: Hutton (40 saves/44 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 1/3; PK: 1/2; Shots: Toronto 45 – Buffalo 36

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 199)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

N/A

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/23: Assigned F CJ Smith to Rochester (AHL)
2/24: Acquired D Brandon Montour from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for D Brendan Guhle and a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft; Signed G Adam Wilcox to a one-year, two-way contract with an AAV of $650,000; Placed Wilcox on waivers
2/25: Activated F Kyle Okposo and D Marco Scandella from IR; Acquired a sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for D Nathan Beaulieu; Assigned F Danny O’Regan and G Adam Wilcox to Rochester (AHL)
2/26: Recalled F Danny O’Regan from Rochester (AHL)
2/27: Assigned F Danny O’Regan to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, March 2: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 4: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 7: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 9: Buffalo at Colorado, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, March 12: Dallas at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
PENGUINS AT SABRES

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Pittsburgh 5-4 (OT) in Pittsburgh on Nov. 19
  • Next meeting: Thursday, March 14, 2019 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 2-8-0 at home.
  • This is the 190th game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 66-80-43 series record.
  • The Sabres are 41-30-22 at home against the Penguins all-time.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I don't even care about this one, just don't want to get spanked by Edmonton and Chicago again.

Play to keep the Pens from the playoffs for fun

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Just wanna see the team play good hockey and hopefully win some games down the stretch. Mostly watching to see 9/26/23/53/62

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I think we win this one. Pitts been struggling with consistency lately. Not like us, but still. I'll say 4-3 good guys.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
12th place in the East. That ten game winning streak is a far distant memory.
And literally nobody will be held accountable for this total catastrophe of a season. And I'll bet if we get boatraced tonight the few STH's who didn't sell their tickets to Pens fans will just sit there and be just as lifeless and apathetic as our team. Nobody cares, why should the Pegulias?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We need to hit on some UDFAs/college kids to make up for the fact that our drafting and development has mostly sucked for a while...but why are those players gonna come to a team that regularly ices bad NHLers and/or AHL-quality veterans over younger, better players when they could get more opportunities elsewhere?

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We need to hit on some UDFAs/college kids to make up for the fact that our drafting and development has mostly sucked for a while...but why are those players gonna come to a team that regularly ices bad NHLers and/or AHL-quality veterans over younger, better players when they could get more opportunities elsewhere?
That would be an excellent question for someone to ask Botts but you can guarantee that will never happen.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
And literally nobody will be held accountable for this total catastrophe of a season. And I'll bet if we get boatraced tonight the few STH's who didn't sell their tickets to Pens fans will just sit there and be just as lifeless and apathetic as our team. Nobody cares, why should the Pegulias?

Well you never know about anyone not being held accountable.

It wasn't too long ago that GMTM and Bylsma were both fired after a disappointing, lackluster season...to most people's surprise at the time.

Having said that, I do not expect Housley or GMJB to be fired this off-season. So maybe you are right after all!

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
That would be an excellent question for someone to ask Botts but you can guarantee that will never happen.

I would like Harrington to ask Bogo if he still believes in his teammates and if the Sabres playoff push is toast now.

LOL.

Reactions: sabremike

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Game Preview: Pens-Sabres

* The Pens are in the midst of a 4-game road trip that concludes with back-to-back matchups against Buffalo and Montreal. The Pens are 1-1 thus far after defeating Columbus, 5-2, on Tuesday.

* Defenseman Erik Gudbranson, who was acquired at the NHL trade deadline, is expected to make his team debut tonight against Buffalo.

* Pittsburgh has several injuries on the blue line with Olli Maatta, Kris Letang and Chad Ruhwedel suffering upper-body injuries and Brian Dumoulin being diagnosed with a concussion.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I hope Skinner does NOT resign. He deserves better than this clown show. Would serve the team right to get nothing for him

As long as the Pegulas own the team, this is what we will ALWAYS have

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I hope Skinner does NOT resign. He deserves better than this clown show. Would serve the team right to get nothing for him

As long as the Pegulas own the team, this is what we will ALWAYS have
I too am hoping Skinner does not re-sign and that hope is purely out of spite! Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->