GDT: #64 - Penguins vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Pulling for the Pens. We need that Blues pick to be in the 18-20 range. If it's 21-23, the Ducks are grabbing that pick and sticking us with the Sharks' pick, which will be in mid- to late-20's at best. The Pens are in a clump of teams between 73 pts (18th pick) and 75 pts (22nd pick), which is a group that includes the Blues. We need those teams to finish ahead of the Blues.

Is Nelson dead?

No, he just wasn't signed, traded for, or drafted by the Housley/Botts regime. So, yeah, pretty much dead.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Such negativity ... yikes!

Is Hutton/Ullmark a better tandem than Lehner/Johnson was? My vote is yes.

At this point, I think the majority of the blame goes to Housley and his coaching staff, and then to JB for not being slightly more (wisely) aggressive in the past 2-3 months. Just my take ...

I’m still waiting for Sabremike to start a go fund me page to buy a billboard to help get Housley outta here :thumbu:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
f*** those lines. If you are going to mix it up, do it drastically. They are not better but f***, try something.

Girgs Eichel Okposo
Wilson Erod Reinhart
Skinner Mittlestadt Pomms
Sheary Larsson Thompson

Dahlin Mountour
Nelson Risto
McCabe Bogo

Scherbs

Feb 16, 2016
Ontario

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY

Projected Lineup*

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 21 Kyle Okposo
20 Scott Wilson - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 72 Tage Thompson
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 22 Johan Larsson - 29 Jason Pominville

19 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 4 Zach Bogosian
48 Matt Hunwick - 62 Brandon Montour

35 Linus Ullmark
40 Carter Hutton

*Based on Thursday's practice and subject to change

Sometimes I'm in utter shock that this is what we're throwing out there at forward every night in the year 2019.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Sometimes I'm in utter shock that this is what we're throwing out there at forward every night in the year 2019.

Agreed.

Thompson had 0 points in February. At what point do you try something else. I get the desire for success in Rochester but how demotivating has it got to be, particularly for the non Botts acquired guys, to see Tage up regardless of performance. Favouritism and holding people to different standards is one of the worst traits any manager in any industry can have. Its gotta be having a brutal effect on morale.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It’s just funny at this point.

Looking back to offseason arguments, were the “haters” being negative? Or basically spot on for how the team produced in total?

Maybe next year ppl can be a little less argumentative about their blind optimism.

Reactions: Goathead

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Agreed.

Thompson had 0 points in February. At what point do you try something else. I get the desire for success in Rochester but how demotivating has it got to be, particularly for the non Botts acquired guys, to see Tage up regardless of performance. Favouritism and holding people to different standards is one of the worst traits any manager in any industry can have. Its gotta be having a brutal effect on morale.

I'll give ya a what maybe that counters Thompson staying up with the team (just to be an A-hole......:laugh:)

Why would Botts jeopardize Rochester's success at this point by sending Tage to them????:D

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011

Projected Lineup*

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 21 Kyle Okposo
20 Scott Wilson - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 72 Tage Thompson
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 22 Johan Larsson - 29 Jason Pominville

19 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 4 Zach Bogosian
48 Matt Hunwick - 62 Brandon Montour

35 Linus Ullmark
40 Carter Hutton

*Based on Thursday's practice and subject to change

At this point it really doesn’t matter to me what the lines are. I would like to eventually see Olafsson and Nylander play on the Sabres for a few games before seasons end. Beyond that there isnt much to get excited or mad about right now. Go Sabres!

Last edited by a moderator:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Agreed.

It would send a fantastic message to the rest of the organization, to actually show some standards for young players to see the performance like Tage put up in the 11 games in Feb to be demoted. 18 shots produced in 11 games, 9 hits in 11 games. 1 game, the Florida game, he had 3 shots and 3 hits. So the rest of the time it's 10 games, 15 shots, and hits 6.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
H(ousley)orrendous lines ! I can’t wrap my head around how a NHL coach doesn’t notice that having his 3 best forwards on the same line doesn’t work for them & makes the rest of the team worse.

Please fire this clown Botts.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
That forward lineup sucks ass we deserve to lose again. All winning here by luck would do is get us stuck with this terrible lineup for a while.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Why do we never put our players in positions to succeed? Montour gets anchored to Hunwick yuck.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I wonder if Nelson plays another game this season (if no injuries).

I don't see Risto Bogo or Monty every coming out on the right side. So unless they decide to move someone /him to the left, I think he sits the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad