GDT: #62 Yinzers @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Seems you're all in with this prediction..........

He said v1.0.

But in reality it can get interesting. The Pens are desperate while we all know that the Jackets are stronger than ever right now.

The x-factor is Bob who likes facing 71-81-87..

Ps. Letang is out for the Pens

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
If the team is feeling the same high the fans are then I predict good things. Play like we played San Jose and I’ll be happy as can be

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
He said v1.0.

But in reality it can get interesting. The Pens are desperate while we all know that the Jackets are stronger than ever right now.

The x-factor is Bob who likes facing 71-81-87..

Ps. Letang is out for the Pens

Aren't Dumo and Maatta out as well?

Feels like their D is a tattered corpse with JJ and Gudbrannson leading it

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
With Letang and Dumoulin out the key will be to manage turnovers and mitigate odd man rushes. That is how Pittsburgh will score against us provided Bob doesn't have an outright crappy game.

Also watch out for JJ. He can amp his play up at critical times. Since this will be his return to Columbus, he may come out guns blazing.

If we can maintain control of the puck and play structured, responsible hockey we should come out on top.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Remember back in the day when the Wings would beat us every time then we had that one game where we beat them 8-1 and Nash had an unassisted hat trick? Let's have another one, but with Dutch doing the hat trick honors.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
if every game is critical then the meaning of this word gets diluted to the point of every game becoming boring and useless.

It's a very old meme here at CBJ HF. One of the earliest things I contributed to the forum (and maybe one of the last). I hardly ever use the term "DSL's Principle of Equivalent Criticality" any more.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
"The game that will determine if the new-look Jackets are going to win the cup or miss the playoffs" (v 1.0)

So....man I just can't put my finger on it... maybe... ummmmmm....
status critical? Critical status?

Is it wrong to say this game feels critical?
It feels that way.
giphy.gif

There it is! Critical status initiated! :D

Reactions: We Want Ten

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll leave it to everyone else to interpret “critical”. But it’s a BIG game in the points race.

I’d like to take advantage of as much familiarity as possible by pairing Dzingel with Duchene while slotting PLD with his old mates. That may not be the best lines, but it’d be the likely most effective at the moment.

We get the last line change, so question: Which line does Torts use against Crosby when the draw is at Bob’s end?

Reactions: Madifer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad