GDT: #62 Yinzers @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I’ll leave it to everyone else to interpret “critical”. But it’s a BIG game in the points race.

I’d like to take advantage of as much familiarity as possible by pairing Dzingel with Duchene while slotting PLD with his old mates. That may not be the best lines, but it’d be the likely most effective at the moment.

We get the last line change, so question: Which line does Torts use against Crosby when the draw is at Bob’s end?

I agree with D & D, and think PLD could use the confidence boost of being with Panarin and Cam. PLD will be fine with his new line, but will take some adjustment mentally.

As to the line matchup - Dubinsky on the dot, with Andy and Foligno on the wings. Dubi wins draw, exits directly to bench, Boone sneaks behind Pens' defense, and Seth hits homerun pass to Boone (who coincidentally has just recently figured out that it's ok to hit the net and not just the goalie's pads).

Ok, I just woke up. I have no idea what line, but probably not the Panarin-Duchene-Atkinson line. And regardless, just win the draw baby. AND THE GAME!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Why does Dubi have to come out for the draw. We have three...YES THREE...centers who are really really good in the faceoff circle (all over 55%). On critical face-offs, anyone but Luc. Sorry Luc, I love ya but that 43% FOW% doesn't cut it for me. When you are worse than Wennberg in the dot you know you are bad!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I've been trying to figure out the RWs. We have three that I want to play on the top 2 lines.
Agree. I think we’re in good shape on RW. After my initial skepticism, I’ve come to like Andy with Boone and Nick because he adds speed and dynamic play in essence making him the guy who can drive play (and score). A few have said he shouldn’t be on the 3rd line, but look at their TOI and tell me it hasn’t been the 2nd line.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I bought a bottle of good vodka for tonight's game, hope it doesnt end up being something to drink away the misery but an extra to celebrate the victory.

Go Jackets!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Prepping stinger bombs for goals...

Attachments

• 20190225_222003.jpg
    20190225_222003.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Madifer and CPTN71

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It will be fun watching the damage these lines can do...

"Duchene has moved into the top line between Artemi Panarin and Cam Atkinson, and Pierre-Luc Dubois — who had been the No. 1 pivot for more than a year — drops to the second line between Ryan Dzingel and Oliver Bjorkstrand." AP

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Agree. I think we’re in good shape on RW. After my initial skepticism, I’ve come to like Andy with Boone and Nick because he adds speed and dynamic play in essence making him the guy who can drive play (and score). A few have said he shouldn’t be on the 3rd line, but look at their TOI and tell me it hasn’t been the 2nd line.

Andy has been good with Dubois, too, though, in limited time. But I don't think you can go wrong with Anderson right now.

And I agree, I've been saying the third line is the second line for a couple months now.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My EPL team has a big match today starting in about a half hour. A win and things are starting to be comfortable but a loss and (especially if combined with other particular results) getting too close to the relegation line. Sound familiar?

My sports stress level will be high by 10:00 tonight.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
One thing that's for sure:

Team wins: the board optimists will be overwhelmingly excited and we are going to win the Cup this year.

Team loses: the board pessimists come out in droves and Jarmo is an idiot.

Either way, might be wise to not comment much based on tonight's performance.

I say 4-1 good guys.
There are 21 games left, tonight's game will not make or break the season... That said, after the radical TD moves by a conservative organization it's essential the CBJ make the playoffs and win at least one series, perhaps two... That's the new goal...

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I want this to be a demoralizing loss for the Pens. I want at least three of our lines scoring as we dominate them on the scoresheet and on the ice. I want Pens fans head banging their dashboards on their drives home to their parents basements wondering if this is finally the beginning of the end where Crosby and Malkin can no longer carry the team and Kessell has eaten five too many Wendys Baconators and Murray starts seeing the ghost or Fleurys past. I want them more worried about the Canes behind them than the teams in front of them.

jaxfan45385

Oct 29, 2007
I want this to be a demoralizing loss for the Pens. I want at least three of our lines scoring as we dominate them on the scoresheet and on the ice. I want Pens fans head banging their dashboards on their drives home to their parents basements wondering if this is finally the beginning of the end where Crosby and Malkin can no longer carry the team and Kessell has eaten five too many Wendys Baconators and Murray starts seeing the ghost or Fleurys past. I want them more worried about the Canes behind them than the teams in front of them.

:thumbu::thumbu: Couldn't agree more. :thumbu::thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad