Post-Game Talk: #62| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders| February 25th | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

How many goals will we score today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I'm not sure how I feel about the hit. But if that is considered legal, then I don't know how the contact by Lee was enough to disallow the goal...

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Isles showed a ton of heart in that 3rd, Down 3 guys, down 2 goals along with a goal that was disallowed. (crazy non Goal on Lee) but they Clawed back. get healthy and let's make a run. They showed some serious orange, blue and white colors. Looking forward to what Trotz and the boys can do down the stretch here. Swallow the loss and get at it!

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
all good points,,I am truly amazed that I have not seen anyone hit Panarin hard in 4 game we have played them it really is amazing. I would want to win the game but after how they guy played us in Free Agency I would make it my business to address him each time he is on the ice

Someone needs to plow him like Trouba plowed Dal Colle.

Who really looked like a stupid *uck getting mauled like that, BTW.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Exactly
Wtf is Barzal not starting 3on 3?

Have you been watching?
The lineup in OT was as usual.

Trying to wear down the Rangers first line with possession and then spring Barzal on them.

Beauvillier obviously didn’t follow that plan and went into tight space with the puck when it wasn’t warranted and lost the puck.

Unfortunate

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
So who gave MDC that suicide pass? They need to watch for those in the post season not to do it again, especially to the smaller talented players like Ebs, Barzal and Beau.

This is not football so don’t blame the passer.
MDC had his head down which is a no no.

He didn’t deserve the vicious hit to the head but he learned his lesson last night the hard way.

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
A second line player, who should be on third line and has gotten better every year? Yeah, he’s the problem
Softer than Bailey? Or Eberle? How about the highest paid player on the team? The guy who generates zero offense?
Beauvilier is far, far from what ails this team
Buttery soft. We are missing clutter.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
This was one of the biggest points of the year. A decimated team goes out there and outplays a healthy team who is trying to make a postseason run. Once down 2-0 and 3-1 they make the comeback despite some awful officiating.

I do hope someone lays a clean hit on Panarin apparently just like that Trouba hit was according to many Ranger fans. They would be crying.

Reactions: TMI

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
This was one of the biggest points of the year. A decimated team goes out there and outplays a healthy team who is trying to make a postseason run. Once down 2-0 and 3-1 they make the comeback despite some awful officiating.

I do hope someone lays a clean hit on Panarin apparently just like that Trouba hit was according to many Ranger fans. They would be crying.

Agree, but I'd like to add, f*** the hitting. This team needs an emotional boost. Next time, just do the same shit they did against Pitt. Just literally beat them to the point of embarrassment. I know the times have changed but this is still hockey.

And don't get me wrong, I appreciate that we don't have any dicks on the roster. But at some point you gotta go crazy, especially when you're not getting respect from the refs...

Reactions: mm11

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Panarin is a star player, not a nobody like MDC. He gets lit up, the situation is handled very differently.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So who gave MDC that suicide pass? They need to watch for those in the post season not to do it again, especially to the smaller talented players like Ebs, Barzal and Beau.

It wasn't the passes fault, it was that he fumbled it. The pass was up the boards, Dal Colle can't catch it and then it bounces to the inside so Dal Colle has to turn to his left with is head down.

Reactions: crasherino

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm not sure how I feel about the hit. But if that is considered legal, then I don't know how the contact by Lee was enough to disallow the goal...

I looked at it several times and think made no attempt to avoid MDC's head. I hate to see such a unnecessary, dangerous play.
What a s*** Trouba is. He could have separated MDC from the puck, without hitting him in the head.
I did love the team's response.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Panarin is a star player, not a nobody like MDC. He gets lit up, the situation is handled very differently.
That's what I just said on the mainboard to I believe an angry Rangers fan. The pics and video clearly indicate it was shoulder to head first contact. Funny how some are disputing this even though it is as clear as day.

Reactions: scottywiper

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Interesting timing over here in Oz. The day that head knock on Dal Colle goes unpunished, it is revealed here that we have the first confirmed case of brain trauma for a (now deceased) Aussie Rules player caused by repeated head knocks.
The AFL, the premier Aussie rules league, has a very strict policy on head knocks these days and any player who chooses to bump another player and makes contact with the head (accidental or not) is strictly liable for that contact and is suspended for a period of games, regardless of intent.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
They’re not really analogous but I get your point. Either this is a ticky tacky league or it isn’t. Problem on the goal is that the ref - for some reason - was emphatic in waving it off. He felt that Lee definitively obstructed. It’s a hard play to overturn. If he called it a good goal, it probably would have stood and Rags dont even challenge.

But I doubt we were winning in regulation so I don’t think that non-goal sank us. Just made it more dramatic with 17 seconds left.

And as good as Nelson was on the tying goal, he was as bad on the losing one. Did you really need all three guys to take the puck away from Panarin? Cover the f***ing slot ya bastard!

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
An abysmal performance by the officials. Isles had to overcome two teams to get a point. This plus the horrible call on Mayfield last time keeps rags relvevant.

That said - gritty performance. Eberle. Pulock JPG, and Toews. Was so down on Toews the past two months -turning the corner?

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Dal Colle was skating with his head down which is a no no but that does not justify getting hit with a shot to the head which is what happened. Trouba could easily have still hit him hard without hitting him in the head. You can debate if Troubas' feet left the ice as Goring had said and to me it appeared that Trouba had at least 1 foot off the ice on impact but the bottom line to me was that it was a shot to the head. When I read the tweet that the league would not act on it the first thing that went through my mind was as someone else posted = if it was a star or " 87 " would the league review it ? Might be a good idea for Trouba to grow eyes in the back of his head the next time we play them as he has it coming.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Isles played a great game. Should bode well for the playoffs.

The Trouba hit was a clear headshot. I can see missing it live but anyone watching the replay has to see that the head was the first and main point of contact.

I think the Lee no goal interference was the right call. I understand that both the goalie and defenseman initiated contact but was Lee in the crease and did he intentionally impede the goalie from making a save? I think so.

Lastly, the role of HR isn’t to “protect” anyone or anything. Always confused why people think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad