Prospect Info: 61st overall Egor Sokolov LW, CB, QMJHL

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Call him Sokolove because he's so charitable and loves to helped people.

Any chance he's part of the big sens, or going to Belleville ?

How's his speed ? He looked slow to start, but had some wheels once he got going.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Call him Sokolove because he's so charitable and loves to helped people.

Any chance he's part of the big sens, or going to Belleville ?

How's his speed ? He looked slow to start, but had some wheels once he got going.
Well, it would be easier to let you know if the team shared more video from camp, but mostly we just have radio interviews to go off. He's likely headed to the minor club.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
A good clip of Stuetzle here. Also Sokolov seems noticeable in this clip and looks like he has really improved his speed. He successfully tracks Stuetzle who is carrying the puck around the net. He narrowly gets through a tight space between the goalie and Stepan and cuts Stuetzle off as Stuetzle carries the puck up the boards. He pressures him with his stick leading Stuetzle to drop the puck back to Josh Brown. Sokolov tracks the puck instead of the player and closes in on Brown who is forced to chip the puck around the net. We don't see him in the camera angle after that until Stuetzle receives a pass and drives hard to the net for a scoring opportunity. At that point we see that Sokolov is not only the first forward on team white back to the net but actually the first player on team white other than Zub who was already in between Stuetzle in the net. He also covered Stepan the whole way and put himself in position to prevent a second scoring opportunity. The only negative thing is that it looked like he might have tripped Stuetzle early on in the clip but the rest shows lots of good things.

Here is his shootout goal.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Dorion was asked the following:
TSN1200: "Is there a guy that wasn't on the team last year that you thought was going to be good but are actually surprised he might be better than that? That has really come in and shown that he is going to be a big part of this team?"

Dorion's response:
"Two guys. Parker Kelly. To me there is not a player with a bigger heart on our team than Parker Kelly. He bothered his future teammates all training camp. He finished every check, he's got great reads, he skates well. He's someone that is going to play for us down the road without a doubt. Probably my biggest surprise, as I always knew Parker Kelly had it in him, was a guy like Egor Sokolov. You look at the details of his game. His size, his strength. How he drives to the net, how he drops his shoulder. How he protects the puck. How you see a coach go talk to him and you are trying to figure out what they are telling him in practice and next time they do a drill it is exactly what they asked for. So those are probably, when we talk about kids that we have, prospects that we have, those would be the two guys that really left a mark and impression on us."
Dorion: DJ Smith's approach is a big reason this is one of the best camps of my career

That is pretty high praise for both Kelly and Sokolov. Maybe they earn themselves some NHL games this season.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
TSN1200: "Is there a guy that wasn't on the team last year that you thought was going to be good but are actually surprised he might be better than that? That has really come in and shown that he is going to be a big part of this team?"

Dorion's response:
"Two guys. Parker Kelly. To me there is not a player with a bigger heart on our team than Parker Kelly. He bothered his future teammates all training camp. He finished every check, he's got great reads, he skates well. He's someone that is going to play for us down the road without a doubt. Probably my biggest surprise, as I always knew Parker Kelly had it in him, was a guy like Egor Sokolov. You look at the details of his game. His size, his strength. How he drives to the net, how he drops his shoulder. How he protects the puck. How you see a coach go talk to him and you are trying to figure out what they are telling him in practice and next time they do a drill it is exactly what they asked for. So those are probably, when we talk about kids that we have, prospects that we have, those would be the two guys that really left a mark and impression on us."
Dorion: DJ Smith's approach is a big reason this is one of the best camps of my career

That is pretty high praise for both Kelly and Sokolov. Maybe they earn themselves some NHL games this season.

Happy to hear the bit about Sokolov as he has already become a fan favourite so I am glad that management does too.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Dorion's response:

Nice words. Unfortunately they’re Dorion’s so throw them out the window. Don’t ever trust what the clown says. Next week it will be completely different. Him speaking is a distraction from enjoying hockey.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He’s been getting some good reviews, I bet he gets games this year and looks Good (or as I say now in my house - he looks Zub)

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
If the guy would improve his edges, it is Eric Lindros right there. Should really dominate AHL with his size and skills.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This dude is awesome. He looks like a Stone/Tuch hybrid. If he adds another step he will be a massive addition to our top 3 lines

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Bsens scoring leader.

egor-sokolov-2020-2330.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad