Prospect Info: 61st overall Egor Sokolov LW, CB, QMJHL

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ovechkin and Malkin already dominated team Canada during world juniors. It was two men show on a bad Russian squad. If you remember. I am just saying, skating is one thing, but he has to improve in many other areas if his skating will not get to or exceed the acceptable NHL level.

ok but I was just kidding because you said "couch" instead of "coach". Found the typo quite funny

alexis-raimbault.jpeg

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Has he been working on his skating with a specific trainer? You hope he is working on his weaknesses and working out especially. Very easy to get out of shape with a long layoff, especially when you are 240 +

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Has he been working on his skating with a specific trainer? You hope he is working on his weaknesses and working out especially. Very easy to get out of shape with a long layoff, especially when you are 240 +
He’s 215ish at this point, skating 5 days a week in Halifax and then an hour here and there on weekends in Cape Breton for the past 7 months

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He’s 215ish at this point, skating 5 days a week in Halifax and then an hour here and there on weekends in Cape Breton for the past 7 months

Nice, it's good that he's trimmed down and is on the ice, do you know who he is training with?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nice, it's good that he's trimmed down and is on the ice, do you know who he is training with?
Not too sure, but being in Halifax I would imagine probably Jill Plandowski (who’s son will be a probable top 30-40 pick this year). That’s who most of the Nova Scotia guys see in the summers.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Not too sure, but being in Halifax I would imagine probably Jill Plandowski (who’s son will be a probable top 30-40 pick this year). That’s who most of the Nova Scotia guys see in the summers.

It's probably too late now but I would think it would have been good for him to go play in Russia in the KHL/VHL for this season before camp. On the other hand, he kept skating regularly and seems to enjoy living in North America

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Yes, he's been on with Jill. I think on with her husband a bit too.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Sokolov, or sokol is a falcon-faucon in Ukrainian. Russian empire added a lot ovs.......at the end of family names in the christian orthodox roman empire manner. Sokolov reminds me a lot of Cam Neely's type of the player. Just a pure force of nature. Not the best skater out there, but ploughing people over with a huge size and strength. Neely was a pure sniper, who was not famous for his footwork, but he loved to score goals and delivering earth shattering hits. If Sokolov will mold into something like this, it will be very entertaining to watch.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sokolov, or sokol is a falcon-faucon in Ukrainian. Russian empire added a lot ovs.......at the end of family names in the christian orthodox roman empire manner. Sokolov reminds me a lot of Cam Neely's type of the player. Just a pure force of nature. Not the best skater out there, but ploughing people over with a huge size and strength. Neely was a pure sniper, who was not famous for his footwork, but he loved to score goals and delivering earth shattering hits. If Sokolov will mold into something like this, it will be very entertaining to watch.

Reminds me a bit of Lucic; however, I hope that he turns out better than Lucic. It would be an accomplishment if he did turn out to become the second coming of L.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Spending money you don’t have on things you don’t need

I view Christmas as three different things:
1. The celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith.
2. An annual family festival where gifts are given to friends and family and everyone over eats and drinks.
3. A nice break from working for a living.

:)

Reactions: Xspyrit and JD1

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
What is the “true meaning of Christmas”?

True meaning of Christmas - Wikipedia
It could be a subjective thing. Within the context of the tweet Sokolov's billet mom is likely referring to the ideal of being generous to the less fortunate and seeing Christmas as an opportunity to be more self less and giving.

I posted it because it is good to see that Sokolov is a character guy. He seems to genuinely care about others and doesn't have the big ego that can sometimes come with professional athletes. He is an easy guy to root for and there are lots of examples that he could become a big part of this organization both on and off the ice.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I think Sokolov ends up as our next Zack Smith.

Character overeager that has the will (along with size and a scoring touch) to succeed and determination to battle his way into becoming a real pro hockey player....but with a little 2020 style twist....

Instead of him being a good old hardworking Canadian prairies farm boy from the Dub - this time around hes a big hearted, nice and charitable Russian kid from the Maritimes playing in Q....

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Merry Christmas.

Glad to see Sokolov enjoying it, im really hoping he makes it. Hadnt thought of the Zack Smith comparison, the over-ager part a lot i guess too, but hopefully he can regularly do Zack's best season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad