OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The slushies and stuff are awesome but the actual food BLOWS. Pretty much the same horrible crap as Dairy Queen. I can get better food from a 7-11.
You're out of your good damn mind! The popcorn chicken and the tater tots are GOAT! Not to mention the ocean water drink.. Please don't ever say it's worse than 7/11.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
You're out of your good damn mind! The popcorn chicken and the tater tots are GOAT! Not to mention the ocean water drink.. Please don't ever say it's worse than 7/11.
If you're talking about Sonic, I actually got the popcorn chicken a few weeks ago and they fried that shit into rocks. Perhaps if the employees knew what the hell they were doing it'd be great! The cherry slush with Nerds in it was fantastic though.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
If you're talking about Sonic, I actually got the popcorn chicken a few weeks ago and they fried that **** into rocks. Perhaps if the employees knew what the hell they were doing it'd be great! The cherry slush with Nerds in it was fantastic though.

Well that's unfortunate. When I go there, the popcorn chicken is what I get and I've never had a problem with it. Their drink combos are insane

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You've been living in the jungle for waaaaay too long if you think that slop is delicious. They had one halfway decent burger, the swiss mushroom one, and they got rid of it. Of course. That's why instead of getting actual food if I go there I just get the biggest Blizzard I can and call that dinner instead.

Well that explains it - we have completely different tastes. It happens. I wouldn't eat a mushroom swiss burger if my life depended on it. I mean, I would, but I wouldn't like it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
tenor.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was all excited to get back here and get Skoal Wintergreen Fine Cut, right. Except for the three years in Sweden, I've been using it pretty much non-stop since I was about 15. I couldn't get it at all over in the jungle, so I was ordering the dip from Sweden, which is just as good, until they changed customs and ****ed that all up and I had to dip the Thai garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the biggest reasons I left.

Anyway, I picked some up as soon as I got back, and I was disappointed to be reminded how impossible it is to pack. I use really enormous dips and I have to pinch little bits of it and just build the dip one pinch at a time. It holds together fine once it's in there, and it tastes great, but it's not as miraculous as I remember. I went to the smoke shop today and price checked some of the off-brand stuff. Skoal costs about $4.15 per can, give or take - I found one that is 99 cents, and it's not really any worse (so far). This means that I could potentially save something like $30 per week.

If they would just hurry up and roll out 5G so I could have normal internet, I would really be in business. Literally.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
longhorn is pretty good and cheap but if you want something you can clump up and get a good wad try redman lol

Yeah, I can't do that lol. I mean I could, but I don't want to. After exams at the end of the first half of my senior year in high school, I had a full bag of Beech Nut. I was walking to the bus stop. I reached a hand in there and grabbed basically half the bag and put it in one side of my mouth. I took the rest of it and put it in the other side of my mouth. I couldn't even move my lips to spit or anything, but I also couldn't close my mouth, so I just had to lean over and let the river of spit run out :laugh:

I bought four other kinds when I was at the store, so I'll try them out. But they were still like $2.60-$3.25, so decent savings, but not as much as this one. Kayak, it's called.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yeah, I can't do that lol. I mean I could, but I don't want to. After exams at the end of the first half of my senior year in high school, I had a full bag of Beech Nut. I was walking to the bus stop. I reached a hand in there and grabbed basically half the bag and put it in one side of my mouth. I took the rest of it and put it in the other side of my mouth. I couldn't even move my lips to spit or anything, but I also couldn't close my mouth, so I just had to lean over and let the river of spit run out :laugh:

I bought four other kinds when I was at the store, so I'll try them out. But they were still like $2.60-$3.25, so decent savings, but not as much as this one. Kayak, it's called.

Ugh, you bought Kayak? I made that mistake exactly one time in my life. They were the only brand that had a grape flavor and I decided to give it a try. That may have been the closest I ever came to shitting my pants. Pretty sure I threw the rest of the tin out immediately.

The only one of the cheaper ones I can stomach is Grizzly. Copenhagen long cut wintergreen is my go to.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
When I go to 5 Guys I get grilled onions and mushrooms all the time. Delicious.
That's my choice too. I also opt for the A-1 sauce because that's never an option anywhere else. Plain dry mushrooms aren't very good but fry or sautee them and they rock. I never cared for mushrooms until my friend made some stuffed Baby Bella caps with cheese and breadcrumbs. It was like a little hole in my soul that I never noticed was suddenly filled. Same thing happened with Chicken French but it was at a bachelor party, not cooked by my friend. He did manage to get me to eat pineapple when he put cayenne pepper on some big slices and grilled them.

Reactions: GoneFullHextall

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

lol you went old school deliverance on the beech nut

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ugh, you bought Kayak? I made that mistake exactly one time in my life. They were the only brand that had a grape flavor and I decided to give it a try. That may have been the closest I ever came to ****ting my pants. Pretty sure I threw the rest of the tin out immediately.

The only one of the cheaper ones I can stomach is Grizzly. Copenhagen long cut wintergreen is my go to.

Well I'm not going to buy grape FFS :laugh: I'm just looking to save money for now, and my standards are so low at the moment that just about anything is going to seem like a treat.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Well I'm not going to buy grape FFS :laugh: I'm just looking to save money for now, and my standards are so low at the moment that just about anything is going to seem like a treat.
I told you the grape thing in confidence and you just go right ahead and blast me for it! I was young and my addiction had just sprouted at that point haha.

Do you remember Skoal Edge from years ago? I think it was billed as a higher nicotine content or something. It definitely burned more if nothing else. Skoal tastes like rat shit to me now after switching over to Copenhagen 5 years ago or so.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I told you the grape thing in confidence and you just go right ahead and blast me for it! I was young and my addiction had just sprouted at that point haha.

Do you remember Skoal Edge from years ago? I think it was billed as a higher nicotine content or something. It definitely burned more if nothing else. Skoal tastes like rat **** to me now after switching over to Copenhagen 5 years ago or so.

I think I sort of vaguely remember the name. When I first started, I was doing Kodiak, but there were days when it just made me sick (probably a combination of dehydration + nicotine content) - I switched to Skoal Long Cut, but then to Fine Cut and was with that all the way. There is some Swedish snus that is called "Extra Strong" and it really makes me sick.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad