GDT: #6: Panthers 5 at FLYERS 6 (2-1 SO), Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And I’m giving you a way to stop reading what they say. You can ignore list then. Because the constant fighting is enough.

Always figured that Weal kicked your dog or something since it seemed as if you hated him so much.
I would use the ignore list, but it kind of defeats the purpose when so many people still respond to them. So the arguments still happen and seeing half the argument isn't much of an improvement. It's not like I'm going to ignore everyone who responds to them too.

And nah, I actually don't hate Weal at all. He's just another AHL player who is here for a short time before moving on, and really he doesn't do any damage... he's just kinda useless and invisible. I save my real hate for people like Hakstol who have a significant negative impact on this team. ;)

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Glad we got the win, but ...

giphy.gif

Who is that team in the first periods? They look like a mediocre AHL team. Well coached, but not executing, or poorly coached? I think it's the later.

I rag on Jake for his shooting, but his shootout move was really nice.

I thought Folin and Hägg had strong games.

Loved Sandy's work on Simmer's first goal.

Weal, Oskar and TK looked good.

Who kidnapped Provy, and who do we pay to get him back?

I love Simmer, but jumping in to "defend" Hägg late in the second was unnecessary and hurt us in the third.

Pickard, our designated SO goalie? 5-2, pretty sweet, for a Flyer goalie.

Nice assist by Ekblad on G's first goal. :D

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Glad we got the win, but ...

giphy.gif

Who is that team in the first periods? They look like a mediocre AHL team. Well coached, but not executing, or poorly coached? I think it's the later.

I rag on Jake for his shooting, but his shootout move was really nice.

I thought Folin and Hägg had strong games.

Loved Sandy's work on Simmer's first goal.

Weal, Oskar and TK looked good.

Who kidnapped Provy, and who do we pay to get him back?

I love Simmer, but jumping in to "defend" Hägg late in the second was unnecessary and hurt us in the third.

Pickard, our designated SO goalie? 5-2, pretty sweet, for a Flyer goalie.

Nice assist by Ekblad on G's first goal. :D

I really wish Folin could keep doing that.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I would use the ignore list, but it kind of defeats the purpose when so many people still respond to them. So the arguments still happen and seeing half the argument isn't much of an improvement. It's not like I'm going to ignore everyone who responds to them too.

And nah, I actually don't hate Weal at all. He's just another AHL player who is here for a short time before moving on, and really he doesn't do any damage... he's just kinda useless and invisible. I save my real hate for people like Hakstol who have a significant negative impact on this team. ;)

I definitely don’t read certain posts. I just glance at certain posts to make sure people aren’t breaking rules.

And you could of fooled me with some of the things said about him. Lol

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This won’t be long. Fee free to skip if you’d like!

My Thoughts:

- This is a late one, but I’m still in my office preparing volatility spread for market performance, so I didn’t watch the game fully. I’m not going to do my normal write-up since I’m a little tired.

*From what I saw, I did see most of the game, it was a very boring game. Not much to it for me. I loved the 2nd period because there was a ton of open space and HIgh danger Opportunites that seem to be like rain in the desert for the Flyers.

*I feel like an idiot sometimes... I raved about Provorov after that first game and he’s gone upside down the rest of these games. He’s not playing poorly by any stretch of the imagination, but he’s not playing to his caliber or like a #1.

*Are we finally seeing the Sanheim coming out party? Why is the Sanheim-Gudas pairing the 3rd pairing? Sanheim has been the best fundamental Dman the past couple games!

*Im not gonna lie... I spit my drink out when I saw the Hak benched Farmer lol. Folin played a good game! Not many mistakes and the same goes to Hagg. It’s sad that you don’t have a happy medium of good play and bad play from these defenders. You get one end of the spectrum each game.

Good win, meh hockey, Hakstol should be fired for that passive piece of shit performance in the 3rd. That was pure systematic hockey there. You could tell by his stupid face that he was upset his shell let up 3 goals...

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I felt legit bad for our defensemen tonight. Florida was all over our breakout plays like stink on shit. Most often, absolutely no one in the neutral zone was open for a pass. It was horrible. Of course, Hak made no adjustments.

Also, clearly Hak has ruined Misha like almost every other young player when they initially enter the league. He's great at breaking them down quickly. Knight will clearly be entering the lineup Thursday, and once Patrick is back, that will cement Misha's status as a LV Phantom this year.

Watching this team is not fun.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I felt legit bad for our defensemen tonight. Florida was all over our breakout plays like stink on ****. Most often, absolutely no one in the neutral zone was open for a pass. It was horrible. Of course, Hak made no adjustments.

Also, clearly Hak has ruined Misha like almost every other young player when they initially enter the league. He's great at breaking them down quickly. Knight will clearly be entering the lineup Thursday, and once Patrick is back, that will cement Misha's status as a LV Phantom this year.

Watching this team is not fun.

What nonsense. Misha is a Russian player, they come off assembly lines like robots. Russia leagues stress defense, especially for young players.

Seriously, it's like Lindblom in the playoffs, Vorobyev is just struggling with the speed of the NHL game. Nothing to do with coaching. He either adjusts or he'll have to go back to the AHL when Patrick returns. Can't live with play this bad for a long stretch. If he goes down, he'll be back in a few months.

Laughton played a full year, was awful on defense, a year in the AHl, came back improved, then moved to LW in the playoffs and this year and is one of our better wings. Sometimes it takes a couple years and the right role.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Good win, meh hockey, Hakstol should be fired for that passive piece of **** performance in the 3rd. That was pure systematic hockey there. You could tell by his stupid face that he was upset his shell let up 3 goals...

He was upset because his best two defensemen each allowed a Panther to break in alone on a goalie who couldn't stop a whiffle ball.

Reactions: BernieParent

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Yeah, believe it or not, I do that pretty often these days too. I see the avatar and I scroll (and scroll... and scroll... and scroll...). :laugh:

I used to love sitting on here nightly and discussing hockey. Now it’s tough to even want to add words.

I more-so just went off prior to leaving to the game tonight. It’s just frustrating. There’s more important things in life than to bitch about the same thing ten times in every thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad