6 games in Taylor Hall has half the Devils' goals

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
The fact that the Devils are 3-2-1 despite their top 3 scorers from last season being virtually invisible is incredible.

A couple defensive lapses and still tries to force passes he shouldn't, but otherwise Hall has been amazing.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
obligatory flyers & rangers fans come on out to the "insert devil player doing well here" thread so you can crap on any minor success or happiness the NJ franchise has going for it.

taylor hall is terrible and he is inconsistent and streaky and has character issues, hes a locker room cancer and very overrated. Its only been 6 games blah blah blah...

BTW Schneider is overrated too
Zacha is terrible and hes a bust, no hockey sense

devils are dumpster fire, nolan patrick front runners

Rangers/Flyers are the greatest franchise ever and they have had so much more success than the devs and we should be taking every opportunity to rub that in the face of devils fans.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
You sound obsessed with Radulov. Is it because he's Russian?

Why, because I pointed out a fact? Radulov is a good player and I like his style of play. I am just saying that Hall is playing some good hockey and deserves more attention than Radulov who doesn't come close yet, yet he's "absolutely top10 winger in the NHL". If he was playing like Hall, some fans would call him a god probably.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
Guess he is a lock for the Hart trophy.

When they go low we go high :laugh:

dude....just dont...

Rags are playing well and they have a nice squad right now. Be happy for your team and keep to yourself. Vesey looks like a great pickup and Krieder looks to be upping his game.
You guys will be contending this year, so congrats.
The king is the greatest goalie of all time so hopefully you guys can capitalize on his twilight years of ultimate greatness.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Hall is a very streaky and sometimes enigmatic player. He missed a few wide open nets the first few games but managed to thread the needle a few times this past few games. Schneider is giving a Vezna worthy performance right now too but one wonders how long it is going to last. He seems to have periods too where consistency is an issue.

If anything Nolan Patrick would be very welcome on this team. Hope we get lucky in the lottery because there is no way the Devils are going to be close to dead last.

If we're even in the lottery will be 12th or 13th when its comes to our chances of winning the lottery. We're gonna be in the playoff battle to the end were 3-2-1 and could easily be 4-1-1 if it wasn't for the Boston game and we're doing it without Palmieri, Henrique and Cammalleri basically doing anything. Zacha looks like future star in the making and seems get more confident and better with every shift. I see us making the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed especially because of Hall and Schneider they're two bonifide superstars and I'll stand by that statment.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Yeah, because no one said that in this thread and yet here you are

Any Devils topic you can and he'll be there eventually to add nothing or bad mouth, it's amazing and he's been doing it 12 years he must almost 30 years old by now. I hope a get a warning from a mod cause this ***** been going on forever and it's getting kinda sad.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Any Devils topic you can and he'll be there eventually to add nothing or bad mouth, it's amazing and he's been doing it 12 years he must almost 30 years old by now. I hope a get a warning from a mod cause this ***** been going on forever and it's getting kinda sad.

Oh I know his MO, trust me.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Bittersweet to see him succeed in another jersey.
But he can play his game there. The Devils have plenty of leadership, right? He doesn't need to be a leader. Just needs to go out and play his ass off.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It's really funny, this trade. Both teams are happy (for the most part) and both teams don't have a bad thing to say about the player they traded. That almost NEVER happens.

"You guys got an amazing player, I'm happy another fan base gets to fully understand why we trumped him so much on these boards."

"NO YOU got an amazing player, I'm hap-"

Etc. It's genuinely nice to see. Also, Hall rules for life.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I like how they are using him on the PP, I remember Oilers fans mentioning how they didn't like him on the half wall and he was forcing too many passes. Hynes has him below the net and screening the goalie looking for deflections. Combine that with a PP unit that was top 10 last year and his PP production should increase.

Best part about this trade is how much both fanbases love the players they traded and are rooting for their success.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Just adding to previous comments.

Larsson has been fantastic for the Oilers. Lars is 100% what the Oilers needed. And im glad Hallsy's dominating the East. Definitely a win/win deal for either side.

Taylor was always a beast...the losing here really got to him...he really tried to do too much at times...I think he felt that at times he failed the organization and I think that's why he was so angry about the trade when things were finally looking to get better.

IMO I feel like him not being able to find on ice chemistry with McDavid really hurt his cause here...but on the other hand his salary wasn't a anchor.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Taylor made massive improvements away from the puck over the years but still gets accused of being inept defensively.

obligatory flyers & rangers fans come on out to the "insert devil player doing well here" thread so you can crap on any minor success or happiness the NJ franchise has going for it.

taylor hall is terrible and he is inconsistent and streaky and has character issues, hes a locker room cancer and very overrated. Its only been 6 games blah blah blah...

BTW Schneider is overrated too
Zacha is terrible and hes a bust, no hockey sense

devils are dumpster fire, nolan patrick front runners

Rangers/Flyers are the greatest franchise ever and they have had so much more success than the devs and we should be taking every opportunity to rub that in the face of devils fans.

Its funny because the Devils are probably the most successful franchise in the last 25 years or so between the Rangers, Flyers, Islanders and Sabres. Just not recently.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Its funny because the Devils are probably the most successful franchise in the last 25 years or so between the Rangers, Flyers, Islanders and Sabres. Just not recently.

It is kinda cool that you guys have so many teams gunning for you. I just have to deal with two hateful fan bases.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Hall has impressed me defensively. Guy won't ever sniff a Selke but he's more than capable in his own zone. He was in great position and stole the puck back in OT against the Wild which led to his gwg.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
It's really funny, this trade. Both teams are happy (for the most part) and both teams don't have a bad thing to say about the player they traded. That almost NEVER happens.

"You guys got an amazing player, I'm happy another fan base gets to fully understand why we trumped him so much on these boards."

"NO YOU got an amazing player, I'm hap-"

Etc. It's genuinely nice to see. Also, Hall rules for life.

I'm happy that you guys are seeing what a stud Adam is. He is legitimately underrated.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013

its really silly at this point
i really dont want to be that jerk thats like ...oooo look at the devs theyve been so much more successful, screw the rags and the flyers etc...etc...

i love the game of hockey, period. I will always have respect and recognition for a team thats playing well or has some exciting players...even if its the rangers or the flyers.
I really think both of those teams are doing very well in roster building and getting their teams in order.

I guess i feel its just a shame that there cant be some semblance of respect. If you love the game, have a good hockey discussion, dont troll because its your rival.
I totally get not wanting to get on a hype train/hype thread for a player on a bitter rival. just dont comment on that thread if you dont care about that team/player.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Hall has impressed me defensively. Guy won't ever sniff a Selke but he's more than capable in his own zone. He was in great position and stole the puck back in OT against the Wild which led to his gwg.

yeah most of the Hall sucks defensively narrative was because of the team he played for. If he is scoring a bunch and the team sucks well then he must suck defensively. Hall has a perfectly fine defensive game and he's a guy that can take over games regularly, but play for a team that loses as much as Edmonton did and people will start to pick you apart and look for incidents to find faults in your game and then blow them out of proportion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad