6 games in Taylor Hall has half the Devils' goals

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
They would be so screwed without him.. Still will be near or dead last in scoring by seasons end but they would be getting shutout almost every game without him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Honestly it's pretty nice to see him get a fresh start in NJ and excel already. :handclap:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm happy to see Hall finding success, I hope he lights up the East.

Both his goals were pretty nice this game. "Goal-scorer's goals."

Hall is a streaky player so he might look like a franchise player for 20 games then look like a 2nd line floater for the next 15. I hope he has consistency this year.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Good trade for both teams... Seems to be benefiting both... How's Larsson working out for the Oilers?

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
So far, the trade has worked well for both teams. Hall has been as advertised and Larsson has opened the eyes of the skeptics as to just how good he is defensively. Hall is surprisingly good in the defensive zone. His OT winner the other night was started by him breaking up a cross ice pass in tight.

necrobot

Sep 3, 2010
Edmonton
Devils fans are PUMPED tonight and the mood outside the Prudential is electric - here's a candid photo!
Ronnie+Ortiz+Magro+Jersey+Shore+Florence+mBDhYYvR0FRl.jpg

No wonder Hall fits in so well in NJ :sarcasm:

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
Good trade for both teams... Seems to be benefiting both... How's Larsson working out for the Oilers?

His ability to actually defend in his own zone (a foreign concept for a defenseman here for a long time now) has been huge in the Oilers excellent start this season.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Nolan Patrick will probably help him next year.

Oh god, that would be amazing but Schneider and company will keep the Devils in the bubble area this season. Zacha is currently playing like a #1 C alongside Hall. If this continues, the rebuild will have taken a YOUUUGGGGEEE step forward.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Excellent, huge boost to our D. This was a pure hockey trade, we're better with Larsson. We needed a Dman like him.

Looking like that rare win-win.

JustinZ

Mar 29, 2010
Although the Devils probably technically "won" the trade because Hall is probably the overall better player, I think Edmonton won the trade improving their team wise. Edmonton was stacked offensively and needed defense so losing Hall doesn't really hurt them too much offensively and they bolstered their blueline with a young talented and in my opinion underrated defenseman. The Devils got a much needed scorer, but lost a key cog in their defensive core for years to come.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
So far, the trade has worked well for both teams. Hall has been as advertised and Larsson has opened the eyes of the skeptics as to just how good he is defensively. Hall is surprisingly good in the defensive zone. His OT winner the other night was started by him breaking up a cross ice pass in tight.

Taylor made massive improvements away from the puck over the years but still gets accused of being inept defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad