6 games in Taylor Hall has half the Devils' goals

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Taylor made massive improvements away from the puck over the years but still gets accused of being inept defensively.

I think its more his stubbornness in trying to go full throttle against 3 players that kept biting him in the ass. However the oilers were always struggling so he wanted to do what he could to help. hopefully hes resisting on NJ. Only seen 1 game and he did it a few times but not as much as in edmonton

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hall is an amazing offensive player. The Coyotes/Devils game is the one I'm flipping too on commercials during the beat down Tampa is giving my Leafs and Hall always seems to be in the mix. His speed has always resulted in a bunch of chances at even strength. I think if people can convert his passes he can be a PPG this year.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hall is an amazing offensive player. The Coyotes/Devils game is the one I'm flipping too on commercials during the beat down Tampa is giving my Leafs and Hall always seems to be in the mix. His speed has always resulted in a bunch of chances at even strength. I think if people can convert his passes he can be a PPG this year.

He really could have had 5 points tonight. The Devils have a lot of passengers right now. Palmieri, Cammalleri, and Henrique have not gotten going at all.

Hall had a quiet first few games, but he's a gamebreaker right now.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Taylor just set up the game winning goal against the coyotes. Taylor Hall is a beast. God damn what a player. Oh and Zacha is gonna be quite the player as well.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
If NJ was smart, they'd tank for Patrick. Patrick, Hall and Zacha is a very good offensive nucleus to build around.

We're way too good to come close to Nolan Patrick. Schneider wouldn't allow us to come close to the bottom 5 let alone the worst or second worst team. We also don't need him as much as people unfamiliar with our organization seem to think. We have very good prospects and very underrated prospects it seems. I'm not not gonna change minds in one post but were much more likely to squeak into the playoffs than be in the hunt for Nolan Patrick that's for sure.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hall just takes over games, it's incredible to watch. It looks like the rest of the guys are playing in slow-motion when he's out there.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hall just takes over games, it's incredible to watch. It looks like the rest of the guys are playing in slow-motion when he's out there.
Yeah, I know you guys really liked Larsson too, but Hall is an elite forward.

Is their defense actually that much worse? I catch some of their games, but their defensive metrics don't really seem worse.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
The Devils got a much needed scorer, but lost a key cog in their defensive core for years to come.

I haven't paid much attention to the Devils, but have they really noticed the absence of Larson? Seems like they still don't give up a lot of goals (though I guess that may be all Schnieder).

Back when the trade was made, obviously I thought Devils got the better player, but I thought they would struggle defensively without Larson, while the Oilers replaced Hall with Lucic.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I haven't paid much attention to the Devils, but have they really noticed the absence of Larson? Seems like they still don't give up a lot of goals (though I guess that may be all Schnieder).

Back when the trade was made, obviously I thought Devils got the better player, but I thought they would struggle defensively without Larson, while the Oilers replaced Hall with Lucic.
Yeah he's really badly missed. The defense is clearly weaker than it was a season ago.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Yeah, I know you guys really liked Larsson too, but Hall is an elite forward.

Is their defense actually that much worse? I catch some of their games, but their defensive metrics don't really seem worse.

Our defense is pretty bad. Severson took a huge step forward, and Auvitu has come out of nowhere and has been a godsend. They've been the only bright spots.

The rest of the D are glorified journeymen who suck exactly as much as we thought they would. Even Andy Greene is starting to show his age.

Schneider has been very strong and our forwards are helping out a lot, but yeah, the D pretty bad.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
He's exactly what this team needed. Just watch his shifts the past two games with Zacha, they've been fantastic.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
So Hall starts his career on the Oilers and is expected to carry the offence, then after they surround him with other offensive talent, he gets traded to NJ where he is expected to carry the offence?

Got to be a bit of a piss off

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
This really is looking to be a great trade for both teams.

I've been to two of the 3 Devils home games this year and Taylor Hall just takes over our offense.

He is a beauty to watch, and I've talked to plenty of Devils fans who feel the same sentiment as this: We love and will always miss Larsson, but Hall is the difference our team needed to succeed.

Glad to see Edmonton do well, I'll always be a huge Larson fan.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Our defense is pretty bad. Severson took a huge step forward, and Auvitu has come out of nowhere and has been a godsend. They've been the only bright spots.

The rest of the D are glorified journeymen who suck exactly as much as we thought they would. Even Andy Greene is starting to show his age.

Schneider has been very strong and our forwards are helping out a lot, but yeah, the D pretty bad.
I mean more of team defense, I know it's not great on paper.

Also 10/10 avatar, that's what I plan on doing in a pumpkin-carving contest this weekend. :D

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I was pretty upset dealing away Larsson but my word Hall has been better than advertised, he's playing some inspired hockey. Lot of people have said it's been a win/win for both teams so I'm glad Lars is helping out Edmonton, wish that guy nothing but success up there.

But yeah would be nice if the Devils started getting production from guys like Henrique, Cammalleri and Palmieri. Hall isn't going to score every game and Schneider isn't going to bail us out every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad