Post-Game Talk: #6 - Devils at Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Slightly OT, but....I thought AV said Raanta was going to start this game. I don't get why he isn't in a game yet. He needs to get his feet wet with this team.

I agree. I'm sure AV was counting on things clicking by now more than they have, Hank gets us point, we're not falling behind yet

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Vrbata has been my target since June. History with Yandle. Though, every day we keep Glass on the roster to eat at the cap is only going to make the deadline harder.

Yea I don't care about some terrible playoff run he had 13 years ago, he is exactly what people are looking for

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its pretty disappointing how much Hayes and Kreider talked so much this offseason about taking their games to a new level, and they've both been terrible to start the season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Rangers aren't playing to their strengths and are way too passive for large parts of the games. There's no real sign of them being a fast team right now because whenthey get the puck the first thing they do is stop skating and look around the ice for someone to pass to which is usually a long cross ice pass through like 3 opposing players.

Players also aren't giving their teammates good enough passing options and no one knows how ot handle having two forecheckers pressure them.

For as much as AV wanted a fast start it's obvious this team can't do that.

e: Kreider needs to get to scoring btu he's not playing that bad overall. Worst thing is that he can't seem to stop and handle the puck along the boards at all. Hayes though...someone needs to make sure he's not using the wrong handed stick, he constantly loses the puck for no good reason.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Slightly OT, but....I thought AV said Raanta was going to start this game. I don't get why he isn't in a game yet. He needs to get his feet wet with this team.

When you have a goalie on a hot streak, you don't sit him for anybody.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Its pretty disappointing how much Hayes and Kreider talked so much this offseason about taking their games to a new level, and they've both been terrible to start the season.

I'll give Hayes the pass right now because tons of players have the sophomore slumps, and I thought he looked MUCH better today back at center.

Kreider has no excuse though.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

I'd be shocked if Raanta isn't in net tomorrow. No fault of Hanks, but AV needs to give him a game so he doesn't get too rusty out there in real games.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Yea I don't care about some terrible playoff run he had 13 years ago, he is exactly what people are looking for

I'd look into Iginla if COL has a season like last year. if we could swap Staal for him and some youth or picks, he's one of the best PP scorers ever, and he's still got a hell of a shot.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
There is definitely a certain touch pure goal scorers have. If Zucc shoots more, would he be the Norwegian Teemu Salanne? Kreider's issue has to do with how many games he plays compared to how many times he's on the ice. Aside, from Kreider's power foward style, which is a drive to the net, the Rangers do not have a single true sniper, and we aren't even getting into whether they have an elite one [they dont].

I believe this team still has the "curse" on it. the 1994 team didn't kill the curse, they overcame it. It's still with us. :(

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006

He was terrible last year for the Canucks. Sure, he might have a good play-off run at some point, but you're better off just counting on Nash turning in a Conn Smythe performance.

Maybe they're trying to help our future cap situation. While there's plenty of time for these guys to turn it on, keeping them while resigning Yandle might be easier than people hoped it would be.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@AGrossRecord: Rangers had 2 3-game losing streaks last season: Oct. 11-14/14 (0-3-0 - CBJ, TOR, NYI) and Nov. 13-17/14 (0-1-2, Avs, Pens, TB)

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
I'd look into Iginla if COL has a season like last year. if we could swap Staal for him and some youth or picks, he's one of the best PP scorers ever, and he's still got a hell of a shot.

Typically in Ranger fashion...he would come here...put up some points and help in the beginning and quickly fall down the slope

Breaded Fox

Nov 8, 2010
NJ
The Rangers aren't playing to their strengths and are way too passive for large parts of the games. There's no real sign of them being a fast team right now because whenthey get the puck the first thing they do is stop skating and look around the ice for someone to pass to which is usually a long cross ice pass through like 3 opposing players.

So true. Im sick of the curl back and pass. Drive to the net once in a while then maybe the curl will fool someone once in a while.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
They need to stop trying for the home run pass down the left boards so often (especially to Kreider). Teams are expecting it and intercept it with ease. The coaching staff needs to figure something else out.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Typically in Ranger fashion...he would come here...put up some points and help in the beginning and quickly fall down the slope

Pure rental imo. I'm wary of older guys too but there's no guarantee for any addition. he's been steady with age. he's a bull, he's not St.Louis, he can work the puck down low real well, RH, one of the best one-timers of alltime off the left circle on the powerplay...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'd be shocked if Raanta isn't in net tomorrow. No fault of Hanks, but AV needs to give him a game so he doesn't get too rusty out there in real games.

That, and it also says a lot to the team indirectly that they better have their shit together tomorrow night because they don't have Hank back there to save their ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad