Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

I would like to see this lineup:

Kreider-Brassard-Miller
Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Stalberg-Moore-Stoll

This is our current lineup, except you switched Fast and Miller. And you dropped the Nash line to 2nd for some strange reason.

Miller doesn't see top 6 duty because he's too inconsistent. Today he was awful, and his turnover caused their first goal.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This is our current lineup, except you switched Fast and Miller. And you dropped the Nash line to 2nd for some strange reason.

Miller doesn't see top 6 duty because he's too inconsistent. Today he was awful, and his turnover caused their first goal.

no shit bro, that was exactly my intentions... pay attention when you read posts...

What other options do we have for the top 6? Fast isn't talented enough, Etem is under-developed, Hayes is clearly not a fit...

What else do you suggest? I'm all for trading Staal for a top 6 forward (Vrbata, preferably), but I can't see anything else internally working for this team.

On the plus side, I'm VERY happy with the bottom 6...

Lindberg-Hayes-Miller was fine. I think putting Fast here has minimal negative affect if any at all...

Stalberg-Moore-Stoll was also very good to watch, though I'd be happier with Fast on the bottom line here, and Stalberg in the top 9.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Klein over Staal, really?

Is Staal the whipping boy or something? Because he is better than Klein id think.

Staal costs more and has been way worse than Klein the past two seasons. And Klein is right handed, Staal is a non-need with Skjei coming up and with McDonagh and Yandle ahead of him on the depth chart. Staal also costs way too much for what he brings, his contract is abysmal. So yes, Klein over Staal, really.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Staal gave the puck right to Miller when there was a guy on him, the hell do you expect him to do? And Girardi played the situation horribly on the play as well, he literally slid into the boards, taking himself out of the play.

Wolfy*

What I suggest?

Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello
Kreider-Brassard-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Stalberg
Moore-Stoll-Fast

This was our lineup when we won, except switching Stepan and Brassard. I support that in an effort to get Nash going. Today I also noticed some chemistry between Stepan and Zucc.

I'd say this can become a very good lineup, but AV needs to give it some time, don't panic after losing 3 games.

Hayes: better on the wing.
Miller: better on the left side.
Lindberg: better as a center.
Fast: 4th liner at best, rotate him with Glass/Etem.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I want to see Moore w/ Stoll and Miller, Hayes w/ Lindberg Stalberg, Stepan w/ Kreider Fast, keep Brass Zucc Nash together.

Give Fast a chance to bump Kreider and Steps, Hayes needs a change and I like the Bergs together, Miller might do better against checking lines and Stoll and Moore are Cup caliber 4th liners, and NBZ line

Wolfy*

As long as Hayes is @ #3C, and Glass isn't playing, I care much more about the D-pairings.

We need to score, and we can't expect our Ds to do that job ;)

I'd say defense is okay, but G will be back with Mac soon, and we have a heck of a goalie who's working his butt off every night to give them a chance to win.

I'm way more worried about the lack of effort up front.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd pop Stalberg or Stoll out for a game, and put Etem in an offensive role, putting Fast back to 4W. I'd also take out Boyle for another game and try and get McIlrath some ice in the back-to-back tomorrow.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Etem - Brassard - Zuccarello
Lindberg - Hayes - Miller
Stoll/Stalberg - Moore - Fast

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - G
Yandle - McIlrath

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I'd pop Stalberg or Stoll out for a game, and put Etem in an offensive role, putting Fast back to 4W. I'd also take out Boyle for another game and try and get McIlrath some ice in the back-to-back tomorrow.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Etem - Brassard - Zuccarello
Lindberg - Hayes - Miller
Stoll/Stalberg - Moore - Fast

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - G
Yandle - McIlrath

I like that. I would tweak it like this, personally.

Etem - Stepan - Zucc
Kreider - Brassard - Miller
Lindberg - Hayes - Nash
Stalberg - Moore - Fast

Yandle - Klein
McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - McIlrath

Give Etem 1st line minutes because why the f*** not?

Move Nash down to send him a message, but this also allows him to play with guys like Lindberg and Hayes, which may not be a bad thing for any of them.

Move Yandle, give him more time. He's our best D man right now and he seems to be the only one playing with any confidence.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Same here. I watched the season opener and parts of the 2nd CBJ game, that's it. I don't think I missed those many games (parts of them) combined in the past 5 years.

Baseball postseason. ;)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Can we start a new Sharks vs Ranger topic? In less than 24 hours we will be ice fighting against the Sharks.

I`m curious how AV will solve this vs Sharks, and the most hot topic here; will Nash go 7 matches without a goal? :help:

Look at the Wilds PP now by the way just unlucky that they didn`t score! :)

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Wolfy*

I like that. I would tweak it like this, personally.

Etem - Stepan - Zucc
Kreider - Brassard - Miller
Lindberg - Hayes - Nash
Stalberg - Moore - Fast

Yandle - Klein
McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - McIlrath

Give Etem 1st line minutes because why the f*** not?

Move Nash down to send him a message, but this also allows him to play with guys like Lindberg and Hayes, which may not be a bad thing for any of them.

Move Yandle, give him more time. He's our best D man right now and he seems to be the only one playing with any confidence.

Fresh...but AV would probably lose the rest of his hair with those lines. Etem facing opponents top line, I see him run and hide behind the refs.

When it comes to Nash I don't think the solution is to punish him, that's Torts way. I'm sure Nash knows very well that more is expected from him.
There's a lot of pressure on him, and he's losing sleep because of it.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Fresh...but AV would probably lose the rest of his hair with those lines. Etem facing opponents top line, I see him run and hide behind the refs.

When it comes to Nash I don't think the solution is to punish him, that's Torts way. I'm sure Nash knows very well that more is expected from him.
There's a lot of pressure on him, and he's losing sleep because of it.
Wow so many wrong assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad