XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hmm, so
Strome - healthy scratch
Dvo - demoted to fourth line
Crouse - <10 min a night

Excellent developmental plan for these guys.

That's what genuine panic looks like from the coaches, even though they are absolutely 100% secure in their jobs. It's idiotic.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
fdgbjo.jpg

It's obviously everyone's fault but Tippett's. Young players, lack of execution, need more saves, officiating, who else?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hmm, so
Strome - healthy scratch
Dvo - demoted to fourth line
Crouse - <10 min a night

Excellent developmental plan for these guys.

It isn't just that Dvo was put on the fourth line, it's that he played really well... and was still put on the fourth line. As if he just was looking for the youngest players and then put them on the fourth line without considering their play. As if their age alone was the reason for our losses.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
It isn't just that Dvo was put on the fourth line, it's that he played really well... and was still put on the fourth line. As if he just was looking for the youngest players and then put them on the fourth line without considering their play. As if their age alone was the reason for our losses.

Gotta make sure Doan and Vrby get their 19min a night

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is what we gave up for the above attitude.

"I get it, I understand it, but we're not in the Girl Scout business. We're in the business of winning. That's why we're here, that's why we're getting paid"
-GMDM, may he rest in peace

Love Maloney, but he wrote his ticket out of town with Smith and Ribiero. The joke is that the coach that recommended both and hasn't had a winning record since before Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee not only survived, but was promoted.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Watch management pull the trigger on a panic trade once they've run out of people to blame. Strome+ for a 35yr old vet with decent corsi numbers :laugh:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Watch management pull the trigger on a panic trade once they've run out of people to blame. Strome+ for a 35yr old vet with decent corsi numbers :laugh:

It's coming. A trade for Shattenkirk, or a goaltender. Something. They just axed someone as a fall guy and made all sorts of predictions and promises. They'll have to do something to save face. I've predicted Duclair is on his way out already. Happily surprised he's still here. Strome is obviously on the Turris plan. So if we're going to trade him, let's do it before we tank his value.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Love Maloney, but he wrote his ticket out of town with Smith and Ribiero. The joke is that the coach that recommended both and hasn't had a winning record since before Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee not only survived, but was promoted.

Riberio came highly recommended my Tippett. Smith also played for the stars.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm glad Dvo had a 16% offensive zone start. Gonna really help him excel offensively

This is the same guy that thought Turris was a 4C, so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that Dave "Not a Development League" Tippett is giving him the business after watching Duclair last year. Get ready for the usual suspects to come in and tell you Dvorak needs to earn the icetime and that scratching Strome for half the games is great for his development.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That's what genuine panic looks like from the coaches, even though they are absolutely 100% secure in their jobs. It's idiotic.

Yep. I've never seen so much deflection from DT. 3 games in a row we've trotted out goaltending as the reason we lost a game. Desperate.

Last year was Maloney's fault. Maybe they'll blame Chayka and say he wasn't ready for the responsibility. Maloney is smirking over a beer right now.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Is this all an effort to drive away as many Coyotes fans as possible so when they get relocated at the end of the season no on will care?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Couldn't help but notice this during NJ's PP goal. Yes, it was weak as hell from Peters, but..

5G5QaZR.png

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I've given up trying to make sense of our positioning in any zone, but especially our own. I'm sure it's all on the players executing and has nothing to do with coaching or schemes.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Couldn't help but notice this during NJ's PP goal. Yes, it was weak as hell from Peters, but..

5G5QaZR.png

I noticed the same thing live.

Real talk, some of this is on the players but I don't know how you don't come to conclusion that coaching is also to blame. Defense is very disorganized.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This system has needed time to tighten up year after year. Last season Domi and Duke bailed us out of games. This year both aren't getting bounces. I'm sure wins will come but how big of a hole have we already dug up? Maybe we need to look at a system that doesn't take a month to adjust to.

The fact that DT switched up the lines after they looked the tightest they had all season is very frustrating. He not only switched up lines, but he also changed Martinook's position and played the AHL goalie over a Louie, who finally looked to be gaining confidence.

Very frustrating season to watch so far.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Don't see why Coach Brown isn't taking heat like Playfair and Tippet. Since his first season's success, we've had little-to-no success on the powerplay. We've added more skill since then and we've only scored 4 PPG on 24 attempts.

1 for 7 against the Flyers.
1 for 5 against the Senators.
1 for 4 against the Canadiens.
0 for 4 against the Islanders.
0 for 1 against the Rangers. (Just adding this because.)
1 for 3 against the Devils.

Our powerplay could have been the difference maker in a few of these games but we're stuck in 21st with 14.3%, which isn't saying much because 22 through 30 ranges from 13.6%-6.7%.

Our special teams suck. So bad.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

5G5QaZR.png

Yep.... noticed the same thing.

Our PK was puck focused.... or more appropriately "Taylor Hall focused" and that left Zajac wide open.

That's a goal Peters has to stop though.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Don't see why Coach Brown isn't taking heat like Playfair and Tippet. Since his first season's success, we've had little-to-no success on the powerplay. We've added more skill since then and we've only scored 4 PPG on 24 attempts.

It's definitely a point of concern but I think a lot of people look at:
A. Bigger fish to fry as the defense has been an ongoing issue for many years where the PP has only declined for a few.

B. Yandle being gone matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad