GDT: 6/9/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers [ECF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Just went over to the rangers gdt from last night and browsed the last 40 pages or so, and WOW, do we have it good here. I know people love to hate on the leafs fans, but that's about as pathetic as it gets, from what I've witnessed. I'll never mention our fans again when it comes to bitching about refs, as it's never been as bad here. Very thankful for the decorum we have and the mods not allowing posts wishing for injuries on players, as well.

They want us to believe that the sucker punch guy is an outlier, but that thread is proving anything but. Completely classless over there.

Reactions: Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's a risky move, yes, but doesn't make the battery any less battery.

Save all your condemnation for the guy who threw the sucker punch. He's the one who deserves it.

They're both idiots, these things are avoidable - play stupid games and..

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Something odd I noticed in Tampa's insta post game, cernak had to be helped to get his jersey off by the training staff over his right arm, looked to be in some pain...

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Agreed.
I only taunt, on twitter, the ass* that taunted like our accounts, like Bolts Jolts ecc ecc.
For sure I don't want to start a fight.

We have no idea he was taunting, he was probably being harassed the entire time and putting up a defense. Please don’t normalize this shit guys

Reactions: Hoek

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

We have no idea he was taunting, he was probably being harassed the entire time and putting up a defense. Please don’t normalize this shit guys
That's for sure.
And, of course, it's a big "if", like we say here in Italy.
1) if the Bolts fan started to taunt the Rags fans, he's wrong.
2) if the Rags fan harrassed him during the entire game, he deserved a punch way before the end of the game.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Based on what? Do you have access to video and/or testimony no one else has seen yet? All I see, at the current time, is a video of a guy getting sucker punched.
Yeah, to be honest we do not know the history of that guy...so the only this we saw is that sucker punch.
That's inexusable and unacceptable, no matter what, especially in a country that is a model to follow: watch an event there is something to be remembered and we're not talking about soccer where...you know...I'd not be impressed by that.
I hope this guy will end up in jail for a while.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That's not how crimes work, bro.

Ok.... you provoke a guy with a gun, he shoots you, you end up dead and he ends up in jail. No ones a winner pal, put your ego aside and your saftey first.

You talk like poor decisions don't lead to unwanted outcomes.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
They're both idiots, these things are avoidable - play stupid games and..
That's for sure.
And, of course, it's a big "if", like we say here in Italy.
1) if the Bolts fan started to taunt the Rags fans, he's wrong.
2) if the Rags fan harrassed him during the entire game, he deserved a punch way before the end of the game.
Finding or trying to find some kind of justification or equivalence is a disgrace.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

More details.

Finding or trying to find some kind of justification or equivalence is a disgrace.
Nono wait, I don't want to justify such a terrible thing.
I really hope that guy will end up in jail for a long time.
Also if my first point is valid, it's not a justification for what it happened. The violence should not be allowed, never.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL

More details.

Nono wait, I don't want to justify such a terrible thing.
I really hope that guy will end up in jail for a long time.
Also if my first point is valid, it's not a justification for what it happened. The violence should not be allowed, never.

I hope you mean that, but in your post you said "if the Rags fan harassed him during the entire game, he deserved a punch way before the end of the game." I've been in a few scraps in my life, most of which I regret, but no matter how passionate my fandom, it has never occurred to me to cold cock someone, or get into fisticuffs in any way over someone else's obnoxiousness in the context of a sporting event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad