GDT: 6/8/21 - 6:30PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #1CD Carolina [CDF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Colton isn't even close to 2015 Johnson, he's good depth but he's not going against top defenders, producing PPG numbers nor carrying a line. He's a like an extra Coleman we pulled out of nowhere.

Patience grasshopper, patience. He's got the tools, just not the experience.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I love Maroon. But this is a bad matchup for him. He's not capable of initiating an effective forecheck and he's late on the backcheck. I would gamble on a Colton-Gourde/Cirelli-Johnson line over Maroon.

Putting Schenn in to limit our liability with Savard seems to be smarter. We need to go full Chuck Norris on them tonight to win.

We must crush them, spiritually, and physically.

OccasionalRecklessEchidna-size_restricted.gif
Looks like Maroon saw your post. Great game by the 4th line

Reactions: Maelmoor

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Palat probably gonna get suspended then? They owe us for not suspending Duclair for that slash on Kuch

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Another hard fought workman like game.

Missed most because of family issue but proud of our guys.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Colorado looks great when theyre going but fell apart when they hit a wall.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We rootin for Colorado or Knights?

After seeing these last two games and the third period + OT comeback for them tonight, there's little doubt to me that Las Vegas is the more mature and more composed team of the two, at least for this time of the year, and they're a very dangerous team for anybody to face. Don't forget the level of experience they have, with a lot of those players having made multiple deep playoff runs for them (or other teams) over the years as well. Having said that, if forced to choose, I would still rather face the Knights than the Avs (and we have to get to the Final in the first place for any of this to matter, of course; Boston or NYI won't be easy outs themselves; easy outs don't exist this deep in the playoffs), and the reason for that is because I still see the Avs as having the overall high-end skill to give us problems if they're on top of their game. I don't see Las Vegas as having the same level of high-end skill. Depth certainly matters, of course, as does the ability to play in all three zones and handle the rigors of playoff hockey. But it's not like we haven't faced that already either of the past two seasons. I see the Knights as being in the same mold - I'm not saying they're the same level, I'm saying the same mold, and there's a difference - as teams like the Islanders and Hurricanes, and we haven't been hugely troubled facing teams like that. By this point, I think even the harshest Cooper critics over the years (of which I'm definitely one) have to acknowledge that this is a well-coached team itself, and is more than comfortable playing multiple different styles of hockey and doing it well. Matched up against a team with the skill level that the Knights have, I have a great deal of respect for them, but I like our chances. Against a team with the skill level of a team like Colorado, I get scared at thinking about what they're capable of achieving when they're on top of their game. They are probably the only team in the NHL you can argue exceeds the overall talent level of our team. Maybe you disagree, and that's fine, it's not a concrete fact, but it's certainly up for debate.

And I just want to stress, speaking only for myself and not trying to put words in anybody's mouths here, but it's important not to be a prisoner of the moment. In this case, what I mean is that, if you were somebody who would rather not have to face the Avs if we had a choice, then it's important to stand by that opinion in the event that somebody actually does end up eliminating them. After all, in the process of losing four games out of 6/7, almost by definition the Avs are going to have to look mortal in that time, and their opponent is going to have to look really good. After all, it takes performing at a very high level themselves to knock out the NHL's best team during the regular season. That doesn't necessarily mean that the Golden Knights (in this case) become the team to be more "feared" than the Avs would've been. I mean, maybe my assessment in the first place was wrong - I'm wrong a hundred times on a good day so that's very possible - but I think you need to stand by the general belief that the Avs were our toughest matchup in the Finals, and that our odds of winning the Cup go up if they're eliminated before then. That's kinda/sorta what we would've wanted. So, somewhat unapologetically, I'm still going to root for the Knights to win this series, hopefully in Game 6. And, who knows, nobody expected the Stars to beat the Knights in the third round last season, and then it happened. Maybe just maybe the Habs end up springing the same kind of surprise on them this year. That being said, Colorado's not done yet. Not by a long shot. Nothing would surprise me if they roar back and win these last two games, and imagine the confidence boost that would end up giving them going forward. Oof.

Reactions: berlin and Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
TOI for Stamkos in around 13mins again, I think they're definitely trying to manage something. It doesn't feel like it, our lines have been rolling pretty smoothly, Colton looked like he was on for a whole lot more than 7mins also.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Palat probably gonna get suspended then? They owe us for not suspending Duclair for that slash on Kuch

He smacked him in the chin but looks like he was attempting to check him in the body and missed. It wasn't like he had a long drive to his head. But DPS probably just spins a carnival wheel, so who knows.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I understand you were on our side last year, we remember and we appreciate, but you were on the enemy side in this series and we won. So, whether it's the Islanders or Bruins (and I know you're a Canucks fan so I know you'd rather it be the Islanders; join the club), bandwagon their side next round. If we win again, bandwagon the Habs/Avs/Knights in the Final. Don't mess with our juju.

Your sacrifice is appreciated.

Juju? The Bolts Juju is wrapped up with Pat Maroon. Keep him healthy, keep him happy, keep him in cigars and rock on!

I’m not a Bolts fan but I am a Pat Maroon fan and the fact that him being a B2B triggers people makes my day, everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad