GDT: 6/26/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We might never see this team back in the cup final. That's why the loss stings. 2 wins away from legendary status.

Alot needs to go right for a team to go on a deep run. I think we've milked this team dry. We did the right thing mortgaging the future for the cup wins, but the cap crunch and lack of depth is starting to take its toll and will only get worse the next 2 years.

Proud of this team, but that cup loss still hurts.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
With sleep and a clear mind, I really didn’t like the way they played last night.

Ironically, it did seem like they were just looking for any calls for a lifeline from the refs. Yelling from the bench, Killorn embellishing every time he got touched instead of continuing the play, Maroon lumberjacking Manson after the Bellemare embellishment.

They were cooked! Still love them though. See y’all in a few weeks for Free Agency.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
A completely banged up, exhausted Tampa group facing the best team in the league getting all the possible good fortune. That was too much to overcome.

But they gave everything they had, so proud of them.
Exactly. They kept adding players back in the lineup (e.g. Kadri) while we kept players in the lineup due to lack of alternatives. Something had to give at some point. They were the fresher team.

Reactions: PJ817

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It's hard to imagine Colorado not being back in the Final a year from now. They are so much better than any team in the West. It's not even close, and their 12-2 romp through the Western playoffs proved that.

Just the way it goes. They still had to win the games to earn their rest advantage and they did. Can't complain about that.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's hard to imagine Colorado not being back in the Final a year from now. They are so much better than any team in the West. It's not even close, and their 12-2 romp through the Western playoffs proved that.

Just the way it goes. They still had to win the games to earn their rest advantage and they did. Can't complain about that.
They are going to lose depth pieces. They will still be a top team in the west but not as over the top as before. Their core is still intact and will do the heavy lifting, bur cap problems could be on the horizon for them

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Vegas with a better coach and a healthy roster will not be easy to beat. They do have a goalie that is better than Kuemper if dialed in, as well

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If they don't improve their goaltending they are still vulnerable to being goalie'd themselves. Heck we almost pulled it off.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Colorado is the first team in a while to win it all with a very mediocre to bad goalie. They where very much a relying on outscoring and their roster is built for that.

Goes to show how good Vasy really is for bringing a team this injured into the cup final and pushing it to 6

Reactions: J T Money

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
They are going to lose depth pieces. They will still be a top team in the west but not as over the top as before. Their core is still intact and will do the heavy lifting, bur cap problems could be on the horizon for them
Yeah, they pretty much had to win this year and they got it done, credit to them.

Reactions: J T Money

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Why are the majority of hockey fans so incredibly toxic, ignorant, immature, salty, disrespectful, and petty? Seriously I’ve never seen anything like it. I love this game but I honestly hate hockey fans.
Bunch of parochial losers that can't handle anything besides northern teams winning. Nobody calls the Bucs last SB win a "COVID super bowl"

Reactions: berlin

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Colorado is the first team in a while to win it all with a very mediocre to bad goalie. They where very much a relying on outscoring and their roster is built for that.

Goes to show how good Vasy really is for bringing a team this injured into the cup final and pushing it to 6
K had a better save % than half of the teams in the league, including Vasi.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Bunch of parochial losers that can't handle anything besides northern teams winning. Nobody calls the Bucs last SB win a "COVID super bowl"
Pens fan.

There is nothing "lesser" about TB Cups. Just sour grapes. I could make a case that Covid added MORE stress.

Your point re Bucs is a bit off. NFL played a full regular season unless I'm mistaken.

Sorry lady, but kuemper pretty much sucks.
My point stands.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Your point re Bucs is a bit off. NFL played a full regular season unless I'm mistaken.
Yeah but the stadiums weren't full, which is one reason people discount the 2020 cup. You could certainly argue that winning in New Orleans and Green Bay would've been harder with a hostile crowd, but nobody has made it a rallying cry to completely denigrate their achievement the way hockey fans have done.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Yeah but the stadiums weren't full, which is one reason people discount the 2020 cup. You could certainly argue that winning in New Orleans and Green Bay would've been harder with a hostile crowd, but nobody has made it a rallying cry to completely denigrate their achievement the way hockey fans have done.
Like I said, sour grapes. This crowd thing is laughable. Teams avoided hostile crowds but were denied their home crowds. Some people shouldn't follow sports. They lack the ability to accept defeat. And reality!!

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
I don't know if we win with Brayden Point but have to believe it goes 7 with him. Our zone entries and PP are just not as effective without him.

Reactions: PJ817 and berlin

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Why are the majority of hockey fans so incredibly toxic, ignorant, immature, salty, disrespectful, and petty? Seriously I’ve never seen anything like it. I love this game but I honestly hate hockey fans.
I think its social media. Its gotten people used to saying shit they would never say in person to someone's face.

Easy to talk shit when there is no repercussion.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
My heart hurts for these 2
FWR0yx-WQAA-PmG.jpg

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

I sort of liken this to the Baltimore Ravens winning the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB.

Reactions: Hoek

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I cant say any bad words about this team... Warriors trully magnificent warriors, I just dont have words to express how sad I am, but this team,they are the best, I love them. Thank you for everything! Dream Team!

Reactions: NatoGhost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad