GDT: 6/26/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
TBH there were more painful ways to lose this series (another OT loss, or G7 loss), but it still sucks.

I'm proud as shit though. I never imagined one of my favorite teams going on a run like this. It was special and being able to perpetually brag about hockey for so long was amazing.

I really don't think this team is done. If I had to guess I'd say they grab one more Cup with this core.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
TBH there were more painful ways to lose this series (another OT loss, or G7 loss), but it still sucks.

I'm proud as shit though. I never imagined one of my favorite teams going on a run like this. It was special and being able to perpetually brag about hockey for so long was amazing.

I really don't think this team is done. If I had to guess I'd say they grab one more Cup with this core.
Agreed. In the end, that's all it really is. I have enjoyed the run and hope they can come back next year for 3 in 4.

Out of the near misses, this is how I rank it, personally.

1. 2018 loss to Washington
2. 2016 loss to Pittsburgh
3. 2015 loss to Chicago
4. 2022 loss to Colorado

We had four near misses. 2016 and 2018 were winnable in my eyes, with 2016 being "easier." Chicago was a mixed bag of emotions. We could have won but time has eased that one. This one was bounces, breaks and calls on top of a very good team. Just seemed like - well, an Avalanche - of problems to contain and contend with.

At least the Isles and Panthers can still call us Dad.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
The best team of the moment won and especially the one with the most fuel in the engine
They had more physical and mental freshness
From the first period, we fell back in our weaknesses, clearing the puck anyhow from our defensive zone creating too many turnovers
Only the first line could create something since a few games it's too little against a big top6
Too many players diminished...

But it's a fantastic run when you see the teams that were eliminated and the difficulties encountered
Thank you for your welcome here and maybe see you next year unless you trade me in the off-season :laugh:
My hockey club was paired with the lightning i always watched the bolts results with a special attention, a franchise that i appreciate

Reactions: Stammertime91

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Meh.. can't win them all, especially with non-existant depth scoring. Killorn's zero goals is an embarrassment and Colton disappeared completely after the Panthers series. Cirelli at least got a couple in the Finals. Hagel has offensive talent of an AHL grinder. Just goes to show how great Patrick Kane is when he got that bum to score over 20 goals.

We'll get 'em next year. Three Cups in four years isn't that much worse than three in three.

Reactions: Stammertime91

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Agreed. In the end, that's all it really is. I have enjoyed the run and hope they can come back next year for 3 in 4.

3. 2015 loss to Chicago
4. 2022 loss to Colorado

We had four near misses. 2016 and 2018 were winnable in my eyes, with 2016 being "easier." Chicago was a mixed bag of emotions. We could have won but time has eased that one. This one was bounces, breaks and calls on top of a very good team. Just seemed like - well, an Avalanche - of problems to contain and contend with.

2018, and 2016 we weren't decimated by injuries. The cup run against Chicago was lost when bishop got hurt and ran into hedman for an own goal. This one sucks but we didn't have pointer for 3 series hopefully he heals well.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If the officials had the sack to call too many men, diving, and a hooking call they wouldn't have been needed.
Come on, they were letting go a lot of stuff from our side as well. Simply Avs were better especially in those overtimes

Main board is a shit house atm.
Yeah, I don't even know why I go in there.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Come on, they were letting go a lot of stuff from our side as well. Simply Avs were better especially in those overtimes

Yeah, I don't even know why I go in there.

Sorry dude, their game 4 and 6 goals, which both decided the game were a direct result of missed penalties. Their game 1 bullshit call led to the 5 on 3 that carried them to OT. There's not a single call we received in the series that remotely compares to two game winning goals.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sorry dude, their game 4 and 6 goals, which both decided the game were a direct result of missed penalties. Their game 1 bullshit call led to the 5 on 3 that carried them to OT. There's not a single call we received in the series that remotely compares to two game winning goals.
Game 4 you mean the TMM?
That's not a penalty...

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
This season reminds me of an episode of ‘Man in the Arena’. The one with Brady and Gronk commenting on the season they lost to the Eagles.

They won the previous year but they always felt like there was a dark cloud over their heads all year and it eventually ended with the loss..but they were happy the season was just over. I’ve always felt that dark cloud this entire season.

Winning the Cup is the hardest one for a reason - it takes a decent amount of luck on top of skill to win. There hasn’t been a threepeat in over 40 years…not even Gretzky nor Lemeiux could do it.

While it’s disappointing to lose in game 6, I’m proud they made it as far as they did - despite catching serious bad luck with injuries and the puck.

Reactions: Hoek

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
Lightning came 2 games short of beating 4 very good offensive teams this postseason. That's without Point most of the way also! Lightning have nothing to be ashamed of, especially after using so much engery/health to reach these finals. Was going to be a challenge facing a team with less battle-tested playoff miles on them. Then you thrown in Colorado's talented, they had 9 days rest, they got almost every break during series, and Lightning didn't get the scoring needed. It was an uphill battle the Lightning almost won. Kudos to Colorado, they made the plays when they mattered.

Hopefully Lightning get some much deserved rest, they've earned that and then some.

Thanks Lightning!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Game 4 you mean the TMM?
That's not a penalty...

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but it sounds like you're saying Colorado didn't have too many men on the ice, which is objectively false.

I'm done talking about it though, as I've said before I'll never believe Colorado earned this Cup because they didn't. Trying to convince me they did is a waste of time, trust me. I know what I saw, what we all saw, and I know that without those goals this series has a very different ending. If we had lost those games by several goals and those calls were just part of the loss, it would be one thing. We didn't. Those goals were the game winning goals, the series winning goal.

Colorado earned one game, it's what I know now and what I'll know decades from now. I'll go as far as saying no Cup winning team received more help from officiating than they did in this series. In fact I don't even think it's possible. People around HF love to talk about asterisk wins, well now they have a damn good example of one.

Reactions: Joe Sakic

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I really feel for Point. Must have been so hard for him to watch that.
You know, when folks talk about the top NHL players you would take to start a team or whatever, I always tell them Point is near the top of the list.

In the playoffs, he's absolute money. Best goal-scorer in the league in the post-season.

No doubt in my mind it's three straight if that little guy is healthy.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Congrats on still a great season. Allthough coming up short in the end.

You guys have a hell of a team over there which dominated the league for nearly 3 years. And lets not forget they made some finals in that span too. That comes close to a "dynasty" in this mordern cap era, imho. Winning the cup once is hard enough (as we know too well), but to defend the title the year after and making another appearance in the finals this year is some crazy shit and deserves high respect.

The majority of the other fanbases on this board probably wont never witness this for their team, let alone winning the cup even once.

It was a great final. In the end we got some (lucky) bounces our way and maybe were the fresher and faster team or the team who really wanted it "more".

I know it´s easy to talk as a fan from the winning team, but maybe we see each other in a rematch next season, who knows. Would be another hell of a series, no doubt about that.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

3. 2015 loss to Chicago
4. 2022 loss to Colorado

Don't agree with your standing :D
In 2018, WSH had literaly the fire in their bodies: they defeated, after 450 tries, Pittsburgh and so they were pumped up. So, it's ok, for me, to lose that series.
In 2015 we were almost injured (Bishop, Johnny, maybe Kuch)...against a top powerhouse. No problem also there.
In 2016 we were injured as well but we lost in G7 also because of a bad play in the Rust goal. That really hurts because, against one of the most embarassing team in the NHL (the Sharks) we would have easily won.
In 2022...half of the roster injured, a ton of bad calls (what happened in G4...especially after the game was beyond absurd). We did not have to win the Cup. And so we did not win.

Only the 2016 hurts me a little bit.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I don't know what you're trying to say here, but it sounds like you're saying Colorado didn't have too many men on the ice, which is objectively false.

I'm done talking about it though, as I've said before I'll never believe Colorado earned this Cup because they didn't. Trying to convince me they did is a waste of time, trust me. I know what I saw, what we all saw, and I know that without those goals this series has a very different ending. If we had lost those games by several goals and those calls were just part of the loss, it would be one thing. We didn't. Those goals were the game winning goals, the series winning goal.

Colorado earned one game, it's what I know now and what I'll know decades from now. I'll go as far as saying no Cup winning team received more help from officiating than they did in this series. In fact I don't even think it's possible. People around HF love to talk about asterisk wins, well now they have a damn good example of one.
Wait...is there someone who STILL believes it was not too many men? xD
Seriously?

Reactions: DMB06
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad