GDT: 6/24 - SCF Game 6 - Boston Bruins Vs Chicago Blackhawks - 8pm ET (7pm CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bergeron flew home with mates; Bergeron went out to dinner with team; Bergeron in good spirits; Claude conveys to French media a somewhat positive outlook.

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
Bergeron flew home with mates; Bergeron went out to dinner with team; Bergeron in good spirits; Claude conveys to French media a somewhat positive outlook.

maybe it was the flu, he looked like he was gonna throw up on the bench. maybe the chicago mafia got to his food before the game and after hydrating in the hospital, he is all betta....

Brewski

Jun 16, 2013
Sarajevo
No, not that. I know I'm the big "Son of Boston via the World" guy of the Game 4 GDT so I get that part.

It just sort of made me laugh a little is all. Don't slow your roll, it's not you it's me, ect ect.....

I'm wierdly numb which is the polar opposite of how I typically feel the mornings of games. I really, really want this team to find that next level and win tonight. I do.

I've also settled with the proverbial house and if they do lose tonight, I'll be okay.

It's not an issue of faith, not an issue of quitting on the team or being a lesser fan or having a loser's mentality. If anything, all that's associated with this season has given me a tremendous amount of perspective.

I didn't even think they'd get this far. This is house money.

To me, anyhow.

Anyhow, I won't keep flinging my wet blanket around. I hope everyone going gets their money's worth tonight and of you're not going and watching from your favorite place, you get their best effort tonight.

Fair enough. I was born in Sarajevo, grew up in Boston, and now work in Sarajevo, so I consider both cities my home town.

I'm nervous more than anything. Can't say I'm not excited though, there is nothing in sports like playoff hockey.

Will I be disappointed if they lose in Game 6 and don't push it back to Chicago? Definitely, but as far as I'm concerned, it's been a great season regardless.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Last game's loss is on me guys. First time ever that I typed "I'm scared".

Anyway I'm not scared. Winners gonna win...

4-2 B's, goals by Lucic, Peverely, Kelly, Boychuk

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Fair enough. I was born in Sarajevo, grew up in Boston, and now work in Sarajevo, so I consider both cities my home town.

I'm nervous more than anything. Can't say I'm not excited though, there is nothing in sports like playoff hockey.

Will I be disappointed if they lose in Game 6 and don't push it back to Chicago? Definitely, but as far as I'm concerned, it's been a great season regardless.

All good. Home is defined differently by everyone and that's what matters.

Enjoy the game, and welcome to the board. You come for the hockey but stay for the well-designed green space within.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Last game's loss is on me guys. First time ever that I typed "I'm scared".

Anyway I'm not scared. Winners gonna win...

4-2 B's, goals by Lucic, Peverely, Kelly, Boychuk

Scared of what??? It`s a game, it`s a sport, and were not the one`s playing. I get nervous before the big games, I`m not feeling great after a Bruin loss but scared??? The only thing I fear is Mrs. Odaat:sarcasm:

Just enjoy the game, have faith, whatever happens...happens

I suspect our boys will do what they`ve done for years, dig deep and give the hometown fans more reasons to call in sick for another send off to Chicago:yo:

Never understood the "scared" posts

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Hey guys, sometimes we gotta realize there are bigger things in this world than just sports. I love these guys and sometimes get caught up in the fact that its all just a game.

My grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer on Wednesday, and she passed away earlier this morning. I hope for anything that the B's can win this game for her. For my die hard Bruins fan mom who has had to face the reality of losing her mother. But if they can't pull it out, so be it. I'll still be screaming as loud as ever, cheering as hard as ever, complaining as usual. But at the end of the day, it's still all just a game. :)

:yo: That being said...LETS. GO. B's! :yo:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Go :bee:'s! One game at a time baby!

Both teams are in exactly the same spot at this point in their previous SC runs. Win tonight and we're still in the same spot, but Hawks will be in uncharted territory in a parallel universe in a skewed time/space continuum where Biff is rich and powerful, and the Hawks get shutout at home in game 7.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Hey guys, sometimes we gotta realize there are bigger things in this world than just sports. I love these guys and sometimes get caught up in the fact that its all just a game.

My grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer on Wednesday, and she passed away earlier this morning. I hope for anything that the B's can win this game for her. For my die hard Bruins fan mom who has had to face the reality of losing her mother. But if they can't pull it out, so be it. I'll still be screaming as loud as ever, cheering as hard as ever, complaining as usual. But at the end of the day, it's still all just a game. :)

:yo: That being said...LETS. GO. B's! :yo:

:(

****. So sorry.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think Tuukka is going to have a good night.

I want Bergy in the line up but only if he will make the team better.

I think Julien needs to try to get Krejci away from Toews and Keith/Seabrook when possible.

If there is no Bergeron not sure what the game plan is, but they need to win it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just finished a conversation last night with a buddy and he brought up something I hadn`t thought of (rare indeed:))

He thought, with the mobility of the Hawks D, when Keith/Seabrook are on the ice, why not intentionally play the puck at Crawford on the dump-ins rather than try and outrace those two, it will force two things, potentially 3

1- mishandling of the puck

2- freezing of the puck leading to faceoffs in which I`ll give our troops the edge

3- Takes the puck out of play for their D

Not sure it`s a great game plan but I did find it an interesting one

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Whether Bergeron is in the lineup or not the Bruins need a couple guys to step up big time. It doesn't matter who it is, but a couple forwards need to grab this game (and Wednesday's game) by the sack and take over. I know they have it in them, it's about time it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad