GDT: 6/23/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders [SF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Be happy this team even got over the hump once. We're on year 7 with this group and we're still worried we're gonna blow the 3rd round again after being up 3-2. It tells you everything you've ever needed to know about their work ethic and uncanny knack for our most important players getting hurt at the worst possible time

I am aware, but it doesn't help my PTSD knowing that we have this long history of blowing series. And it is infuriating.

Reactions: DrMartinVanNostrand

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Be happy this team even got over the hump once. We're on year 7 with this group and we're still worried we're gonna blow the 3rd round again after being up 3-2. It tells you everything you've ever needed to know about their work ethic and uncanny knack for our most important players getting hurt at the worst possible time

It's the combination of so many things for me.

*That it's happened to us twice before

*That we're 2-7 (since 2015) when we've had a chance to clinch an ECF

*That we're 0-3 at home in such circumstances and 5-8 at home overall at this stage of the playoffs

We've just been burned by this way too many times before. You just become conditioned to fear the worst. We never faced elimination at any point last year. We led 3-1 in every series. Even when we lost those Game 5's, we still had cushion. More importantly, as twisted as it is for us, we didn't have to play actual home games last postseason. And I'm f*cking petrified about that we might end up having won Game 5 in a total blowout and then lost the last two games afterwards. Talk about embarrassing for us.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am aware, but it doesn't help my PTSD knowing that we have this long history of blowing series. And it is infuriating.

To say this team has been my religion for half of my 32 years of life is not hyperbolic because I probably know as much about those years as an Imam knows the Quran and a Rabbi knows the Torah. Because of that "Doesn't matter won the Cup" both talks me off the ledge and keeps me calm. I think the next time I am going to relieved that much will be like if I pass a kidney stone.

Because I will one day go to the HHOF and see our names on the Cup, I'm at precisely the same point as I was going into game 7 of the NYR. By then I was just happy to be there and I'm happy to think we are still so very alive in our chance to repeat.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's the combination of so many things for me.

*That it's happened to us twice before

*That we're 2-7 (since 2015) when we've had a chance to clinch an ECF

*That we're 0-3 at home in such circumstances and 5-8 at home overall at this stage of the playoffs

We've just been burned by this way too many times before. You just become conditioned to fear the worst. We never faced elimination at any point last year. We led 3-1 in every series. Even when we lost those Game 5's, we still had cushion. More importantly, as twisted as it is for us, we didn't have to play actual home games last postseason. And I'm f*cking petrified about that we might end up having won Game 5 in a total blowout and then lost the last two games afterwards. Talk about embarrassing for us.

Well said. And because of all this, I don't think I've ever looked forward to an offseason more. I'm ready for change regardless if we lose tomorrow or won the Cup. It needs to happen for the sake of sustainability. We have the best front office in all of sports. You could tell me right now we'd be hosting a SCF in 2 years with a completely new team minus like 7 guys following gutting half the team this offseason and I'd believe you without hesitation.

That's my "anxiety" and yet it's so far away from now I'm not even nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad