GDT: 6/23/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders [SF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm at the point where I m open to the idea that this league has some sort of betting or monetary gain involved during the playoffs. This isn't just cause of Tampa. Montreal is currently getting railed before calls are made, which a lot of times they aren't even being made. It is clear talent and discipline play a factor, but the random calls without an ounce of consistency is more than just mere game management. Not to go all philosophical on this, but who are they managing the game for? Cause it's asinine to think a team with Mat Barzal as your best player is who this is for, or for Marchessault on Vegas. Or when we get the benefit of the doubt against a team, why does it suddenly flop? Point is, there is zero consistency across the series and throughout the games. To push it further, there's even inconsistencies between what is called period by period.

This year has really taken it's toll on a lot of fans, myself included when it comes to this. This isn't about the best vs the best, it's the best vs the best with four guys influencing the game.

If Tampa loses tomorrow, I'll have my own wounds as far as the team goes, but as for the sport, regardless of the outcome, this year is a black eye for professional hockey. The sad part is that nothing will change unless the media pursues it (unlikely unless the final 9ish games produces another moment of bewilderment) and fans just say they're done. Given the new tv deal, you would think the league would make an effort.

How do you fail to call the 5 crosschecks on Pageau from Rutta in game 5? Like where are you f***ing looking? Or the two by Mayfield in game 6? Just f***ing retire if the pressure is too much. Do us all a favor and f*** off as a ref.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm at the point where I m open to the idea that this league has some sort of betting or monetary gain involved during the playoffs. This isn't just cause of Tampa. Montreal is currently getting railed before calls are made, which a lot of times they aren't even being made. It is clear talent and discipline play a factor, but the random calls without an ounce of consistency is more than just mere game management. Not to go all philosophical on this, but who are they managing the game for? Cause it's asinine to think a team with Mat Barzal as your best player is who this is for, or for Marchessault on Vegas. Or when we get the benefit of the doubt against a team, why does it suddenly flop? Point is, there is zero consistency across the series and throughout the games. To push it further, there's even inconsistencies between what is called period by period.

This year has really taken it's toll on a lot of fans, myself included when it comes to this. This isn't about the best vs the best, it's the best vs the best with four guys influencing the game.

If Tampa loses tomorrow, I'll have my own wounds as far as the team goes, but as for the sport, regardless of the outcome, this year is a black eye for professional hockey. The sad part is that nothing will change unless the media pursues it (unlikely unless the final 9ish games produces another moment of bewilderment) and fans just say they're done. Given the new tv deal, you would think the league would make an effort.

How do you fail to call the 5 crosschecks on Pageau from Rutta in game 5? Like where are you f***ing looking? Or the two by Mayfield in game 6? Just f***ing retire if the pressure is too much. Do us all a favor and f*** off as a ref.

I think game management has been real for a loooong time, and now refs just don't know any other way to call a game. The answer is to do what the league tried to do in 2005 -- call it by the book, regardless of time of year. But now it's almost like a badge of honor to say the playoffs are different. It's impossible to call a fair game when the standard becomes so subjective.

It's gotten to the point it's at now, IMO, because we've had a few really, really egregious games, so now we're paying closer attention to how terribly games are reffed, and have been reffed for years.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

I'm saying that for months. The NHL does not and will not allow us to win the cup b2b.
Why? Because Tampa is not considered an elite team: we have not the same importance teams like the canadian ones, Pittsburgh, Washington has. And a Final series with a NY team could be very important for the income.
After last night game, it's clear that something's happening in the league. Because a ref can miss a call...they're human beings after all and so they can make mistakes.
But if the officiating is the one we saw in the last night 60 minutes and in the previous games/series, it's absurd to talk about a casual mistake.
If we lose tomorrow or in the Finals with this kind of officiating, probably, I won't pay again the NHL TV next year.
In case I'd rather find another way to watch the game. The sooner the NHL will fix his product, the sooner I will pay again for his subscription.
What we saw last night goes beyond hockey.
What were we watching...?

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Question does anyone have a video of the penalty sergy took to give them a 5 on 3.

it was an absolute joke. Usually it’s needs to be an insane call to warrant a 5 on 3

With the Islanders being down by 1 goal at the time, is this not the definition of game management.

I can’t watch hockey anymore. It’s every game, it’s every team. Pure garbage

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I'm saying that for months. The NHL does not and will not allow us to win the cup b2b.
Why? Because Tampa is not considered an elite team: we have not the same importance teams like the canadian ones, Pittsburgh, Washington has. And a Final series with a NY team could be very important for the income.
After last night game, it's clear that something's happening in the league. Because a ref can miss a call...they're human beings after all and so they can make mistakes.
But if the officiating is the one we saw in the last night 60 minutes and in the previous games/series, it's absurd to talk about a casual mistake.
If we lose tomorrow or in the Finals with this kind of officiating, probably, I won't pay again te NHL TV next year.
In case I'd rather find another way to watch the game. The sooner the NHL will fix his product, the sooner I will pay again for his subscription.
What we saw last night goes beyond hockey.
What were we watching...?

After losing our star player you’d think we would get a make up call. Instead we are down on our luck with a bs 5 on 3 given to them

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
After losing our star player you’d think we would get a make up call. Instead we are down on our luck with a bs 5 on 3 given to them
Hell no. I did not think we would have received a good call.
Because that game (and maybe the whole post season) is clearly rigged.
After losing our key player what happened...? The refs allowed the NY first goal...with Barzal's hook on Killorn.
And the Serge's penalty...?
xD
That's ridicolous. What we saw yesterday is disgusting.
No chances we'll win game 7 in this way.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's 100% the isles. I don't see that same type of class in the rangers organization, fanbase or players. It's night and day. Yeah the run in 2015 was team vs team but the rangers are nowhere near the scum the isles are. I actually like the rangers and the comical trade partner they have become, it's difficult to not like them. Hope gallant gears them up to throttle the isles for years to come.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
We're talking about a bunch of degenerates that have chanted "f*** you ____" at multiple games and celebrated by throwing beer cans across the stadium.

Who gives a shit what they think.
oh come on, they were just sharing their love towards Stammer, lol!!! Beverage filled men chanting and swearing during the game, what a zoo. I think the crowd in Tampa tomorrow night will be loud, by classy. "LETS GO LIGHTNING"!!!!!!

Reactions: Stammertime91

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
As bad as the reffing was it was that damn 3rd period play that cost us. Did we even get any shots on net in the 3rd? This cost us the game 4 win in Florida as well (up 5-3, lost 6-5 in OT)

Gotta wonder if we had Kuch on that PP with 5 minutes to go to put them away......
It was hilariously bad, as the 1st 11 minutes of the 3rd Tampa maybe had 2 shots on goal and just turtled, then after losing the.lead they had 9 or 10 shots on goal the rest of the way and looked a bit more aggressive. It's beyond infuriating to know if they had played the whole period like they played the last 8 or 9 minutes, they likely win that game.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Sorry, but Kucherov injured his right shoulder trying to check Barzal. Barzal braced hard and Kucherov bounced off him. The right shoulder got jammed possibly separated. Watch the video as he skates away you can clearly see him rotate and test his right shoulder. Mayfield cross check could have been called a penalty but it had no impact on Kucherov’s injury nor the outcome of the game. Watch the replay again. I treat these injuries for a living BTW. Not trying to stir trouble, but no dirty hit involved in that injury.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sorry, but Kucherov injured his right shoulder trying to check Barzal. Barzal braced hard and Kucherov bounced off him. The right shoulder got jammed possibly separated. Watch the video as he skates away you can clearly see him rotate and test his right shoulder. Mayfield cross check could have been called a penalty but it had no impact on Kucherov’s injury nor the outcome of the game. Watch the replay again. I treat these injuries for a living BTW. Not trying to stir trouble, but no dirty hit involved in that injury.

Could've been anything. It is what it is. If we found a way to win titles as often as our most important players find ways to get injured we'd have been a dynasty as dominant as the Isles of the 80's. But in any case, the Lightning are gonna be vague until the last possible second until Cooper has to make some kind of choice as to whether or not to play Kucherov. We're never gonna know the truth. We're more secretive than the freaking CIA

Good luck though

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Maybe go tell this bullshit story on your own forum? We all saw the f***ing crosscheck.

Reactions: Hoek

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Demographically I live in Pinellas about 5 min from the sponge docks. Fish Howard Park often. So I’m closer to the forum members here then LI now. Let’s just have long islanders live the dream we won it last year.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
And I rooted for the bolts after my hold hometown team lost last year. So no harm intended.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
In a way it's good Vegas didn't win to extend the series. We're usually pretty awful with rest so if we do win tomorrow night the extra days off (if Vegas had won) would have only led to a game 1 loss.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If we don't f***ing win tomorrow and fail at this chance for B2B cups I will rage and cry and then rage and cry some more.

Be happy this team even got over the hump once. We're on year 7 with this group and we're still worried we're gonna blow the 3rd round again after being up 3-2. It tells you everything you've ever needed to know about their work ethic and uncanny knack for our most important players getting hurt at the worst possible time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad