GDT: 6/22/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
This has been the most adequate year of officiating of the three. By far.

It also helped that we weren't playing big, physical teams like the Islanders, who got away with far too much. This year gave us the types of opponents we wanted in 2019.

Two OT losses in the Stanley Cup Final, in isolation, as an end result, aren't terrible losses. TB needs to start series on time, though. Game 1 can be on a Thursday, but TB doesn't start playing until Monday.
That's for sure. We cannot allow the other team to win EASILY at least one of the first two games, if not both of them. I can understand we like the hardest possible paths, but, sooner or later, we'll pay the price for that.
About the officiating...I remember the series vs NY, last year.It was something absurd for the zabras. They did a very poor and disgusting job, for both sides.
This year, despite G1 and G4, the situation is not worse than the previous years.
Btw the refs are still a problem in this league.

Reactions: Felonious Python

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
We’ve simply ran into some back luck - namely injury luck. It’s the hardest trophy to win for a reason.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Everyone talking shit about how we didn’t deserve to win OT, but our team was exhausted with injuries. The odds were stacked against us from the start

Reactions: J T Money

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah out of all the negatives exposed, those late starts to series cost us. Game 1 was winnable. Game 2 was an atrocity. You can't come into a series, let alone a final, and expect to make it by. We've seen too many game 1 losses to pass that by as an area to neglect. If there's one thing in a series to get right, it's a better start. We find our game and only get better but game 1 was winnable and between that and letting up last night, we are in a deep hole.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Gonna miss all you guys.

Great run...I am glad I was wrong about Coop.

Best dude in the league. I'm halfway out the door on here as they let posters flame fanbases and the rules are not universally applied. So...there are other places where the moderation is more fair handed. We are definitely are disliked on here and treated as such. GO BOLTS!!!!!
Don't worry, we will be still here to post about the offseason and then, we'll start again with the preseason :) :) :)

#DefendOurColors is my new motto.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Everyone talking shit about how we didn’t deserve to win OT, but our team was exhausted with injuries. The odds were stacked against us from the start
Kucherov hitting post wouldn't have even let it go to OT. They hit two but one in OT I believe. Regardless, bounces have gone their way. We have 1 ounce of puck luck and the series is tied.

Then again, we had our fair share the last two years so you can't really cry about it anyhow.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Thought you TBL fans should read these posts:

TBH I ventured over to the Tampa forum GDT expecting enough lather to wash my car, yet most of the commentary on there was pretty sensible. I wouldn't have even blamed them for going off after Cooper's performative whine-and-cheese display. If Bednar ever did something similar to that I would (after looking on in stunned silence for a few moments wondering what the hell just happened) don the war paint and bison helmet and storm the NHL's main office.
ASmileyFace

They are easily one of the best fanbases on this forum. Generally classy and humble in defeat.
—————-
I agree with the above sentiments. Respect for Bolts and their fans.

Leonitus

Apr 5, 2022
its a real travesty that we will not be blessed with this classy player's "post cup win presser " like this, in 2022.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Thought you TBL fans should read these posts:

ASmileyFace

They are easily one of the best fanbases on this forum. Generally classy and humble in defeat.
—————-
I agree with the above sentiments. Respect for Bolts and their fans.
Uuuuuuhhhmmmm you sure you should have re-posted that here dude? I would not blame them for taking me behind the proverbial woodshed now. :laugh:

FTR I don't apologize for the dig on Cooper. I like the guy a ton and truly believe he is the best coach in the National Hockey League (and still absolutely livid that he didn't get an Adams nod over Brunette--who isn't even a goddamned head coach anymore!!!!--and "let my goalie bail me out" Gallant) but I really didn't like that rant last night.

Anyway...onto game five. We'll see what happens.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Uuuuuuhhhmmmm you sure you should have re-posted that here dude? I would not blame them for taking me behind the proverbial woodshed now. :laugh:

FTR I don't apologize for the dig on Cooper. I like the guy a ton and truly believe he is the best coach in the National Hockey League (and still absolutely livid that he didn't get an Adams nod over Brunette--who isn't even a goddamned head coach anymore!!!!--and "let my goalie bail me out" Gallant) but I really didn't like that rant last night.

Anyway...onto game five. We'll see what happens.
I thought you were very classy in recognizing how reasonable their fan base is and you said that. That’s why I shared it because I think folks like you and ASmileyFace represent our fan base well. Anyway, I apologize to you if I caused you grief. Pretty much real hockey fans recognize the line change was a hockey play. I wouldn’t blame them for being salty over the loss in but what I’d find more irritating are people that don’t recognize they’ve a truly great team and try to delegitimize their SCs. Anyway, sorry Poke.

Reactions: Pokecheque

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
In the arena these playoffs the Avs fans have far and away been the most decent. That comes down to everything, form interacting with Bolts fans, to just general behavior at the arena, to how they behaved after both wins and losses.

Now the amount of fans for the Avs wasn't the same as the Leafs or Rangers, but just great interactions all around from what I saw. Had 4 Avs fans sitting near me in Game 3, and 5 in Game 4, and they were respectful and didn't act like morons at all. The same could not be said for the Leafs and Rags fans who sat around me in previous series. Panthers fans weren't really in my section for the previous series.

It's a shame such nice people will have to see their team lose 3 in a row for the Bolts 3 peat, but it had to be someone.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I thought you were very classy in recognizing how reasonable their fan base is and you said that. That’s why I shared it because I think folks like you and ASmileyFace represent our fan base well. Anyway, I apologize to you if I caused you grief. Pretty much real hockey fans recognize the line change was a hockey play. I wouldn’t blame them for being salty over the loss in but what I’d find more irritating are people that don’t recognize they’ve a truly great team and try to delegitimize their SCs. Anyway, sorry Poke.
This board has spent every excuse possible to pry away the greatness from our team but in the end, most are fans of teams that can fall in line behind the ass whooping we have laid on their franchise. We also recognize the opinions of some mouth breathers do not voice the opinion of all fans in one fanbase, no matter how delusional or desperate the minority opinion is.

I have not minded the Colorado fan base for the most part. Pretty even keeled and respectable. What's blurring the lines in the GDTs I will boast on, is the amount of victims Tampa has created. Colorado is seeing that with St Louis and Edmonton fans, but the non stop trolling is par for the course when you've been at the top this long. If the torch is passed, brace yourself cause you'll hear A through Z on why you shouldn't have won.

TL;DR this site is one of the worst in evaluating players and teams.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
It was even game both teams deserved the win, Avs won. No its nothing to lose.We can be better and we can win.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
This board has spent every excuse possible to pry away the greatness from our team but in the end, most are fans of teams that can fall in line behind the ass whooping we have laid on their franchise. We also recognize the opinions of some mouth breathers do not voice the opinion of all fans in one fanbase, no matter how delusional or desperate the minority opinion is.

I have not minded the Colorado fan base for the most part. Pretty even keeled and respectable. What's blurring the lines in the GDTs I will boast on, is the amount of victims Tampa has created. Colorado is seeing that with St Louis and Edmonton fans, but the non stop trolling is par for the course when you've been at the top this long. If the torch is passed, brace yourself cause you'll hear A through Z on why you shouldn't have won.

TL;DR this site is one of the worst in evaluating players and teams.
TBL players, organization and fans are at the top.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Honestly beyond a few vocal trolls there's still a healthy amount of respect for the team. Heck you even have a bunch of people arguing we're still a dynasty even though most of us Bolts fans are like nah.
In the end I don’t care about the dynasty label. The sport was so different back when Edmonton or NYI tore up the league and it won’t make a difference anyway. Who cares. We as fans have had the ride of our lives the past few seasons and are technically still alive in yet another SCF. This is such a well run organization from top to bottom, a great culture and spirit, with a team that will sacrifice their last limb to block yet another shot, a group with so much talent and likability. Let’s just enjoy the next 60 minutes of hockey (or more) and be thankful for all the great memories and emotions they have provided. And it’s been even more magic with y’all. Go Bolts!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Honestly, I think the style of play has caught up with us. All those blocked shots add up. Guys weren't getting up right by the end of last night's game. It was getting painful to watch.

I think we are going to see a catastrophic injury report when this series ends, probably tomorrow.

Reactions: J T Money

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
We would have bent Chicago over and I'm still mad that they let LA come back to win game 7. We were a horrid matchup for Chicago. Sometimes it's just matchups.
Losing 3 games in OT really sunk the Rangers. LA got every break imaginable. The series was very winnable for the Rangers. CHI won the Cup the year before; wouldn't have been easy (sorry for derailing this thread; this is supposed to be for the Lightning).

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As far as whines go I feel like that was one of the classier ones by Cooper. He could've said a lot more but all he really said is "go look at the play" and that he was bummed out it ended like that.
I love how Coop, for the FIRST time is emotional and said what he said and EVERYONE is up in arms about it.

Meanwhile every single coach in this league whines and bitches all the time and no one bats an eye. Didn't the Toronto coach want the league to look into a play and suspend our guys? Didn't the new York coach Blame refs about calls. This happens all the time. And this was just the past 3 series!

Everyone is so butthurt about Tampa that every little minor thing gets blown out of proportion. You know this team is successful by how much everyone hates us and gets angry about every little thing. So many clowns out there 🤡

Leonitus

Apr 5, 2022
Honestly, I think the style of play has caught up with us. All those blocked shots add up. Guys weren't getting up right by the end of last night's game. It was getting painful to watch.

I think we are going to see a catastrophic injury report when this series ends, probably tomorrow.
very true ! hockey seems to be the only sport where the players will fake that they are ok as opposed many other sports where the players drop like a sack of potatoes at a gust of wind.
i think we find out afterwards that both clubs are loaded with ptential hospital patents.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
very true ! hockey seems to be the only sport where the players will fake that they are ok as opposed many other sports where the players drop like a sack of potatoes at a gust of wind.
i think we find out afterwards that both clubs are loaded with ptential hospital patents.
Honestly I think it's worse on our side. Significantly so. Every guy on the team has had to leave games for repairs, only to go back out and do it again. You have to love the heart, but they're human. They're gonna break down. And I think as last night's game wore on, we started to see just how beat up they are collectively.

Winnipegger1

Jun 12, 2022
Winnipeg
Just win one period at a time. If any team is capable of climbing this mountain it's the Lightning. Fans get pretty quiet if the home team is behind. Colorado doesn't play at top speed the whole game. Neither do the Lightning. Let's see who has the energy tomorrow. The Bolts are good at puck control too. "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion". Go Bolts. You can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad