GDT: 6/22/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Do you know what is the worst part of it?
The NHL admitted the mistakes, saying the too many men is a judgement call (WHAT?) and all 4 refs did not see the infraction.
So, basically, they're saying: "Yes, it was a penalty but the refs did not call it".
With half a day of distance: refs historically let that kind of shit fly in OT. Both teams technically had too many men on the ice. Still stings.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Nothing we can do about it now. Goal was counted and we were not looking like a team that had anything left to win that game. It seemed like only a matter of time before they scored, while we didn't even get a shot off that looked dangerous. We were too banged up to win. No bodies left that could score or even get some threatening offense going.

Reactions: ThunderousBolt

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
With half a day of distance: refs historically let that kind of shit fly in OT. Both teams technically had too many men on the ice. Still stings.
It seems Kadri played the puck way before MacKinnon reached the bench.
So it was an obvious call that changed the game.
Ok, our PP is cold as f***, and COL dominated the OT...but who knows what could have happened.

PROUD OF THEM.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Nothing we can do about it now. Goal was counted and we were not looking like a team that had anything left to win that game. It seemed like only a matter of time before they scored, while we didn't even get a shot off that looked dangerous. We were too banged up to win. No bodies left that could score or even get some threatening offense going.

They had a good push there at the beginning you never know what happens if we weather the storm. They have to move on though. They aren't out yet.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Woulda shoulda coulda. Refs f***ed up, sure, but you're getting your shit pushed in the entire period and flipping the puck to center over and over.
Exactly how I’m looking at it. Didn’t deserve an ot win anyway, anytime we got the puck, we’d just flip it to the middle for the Avs to collect it, and push into the offensive zone.

The killer was not going into the second up a couple goals. Instead, we went in up 1. You give an offense like theirs time to score more than 1 goal, they’re gonna do it. That shift where makar and Manson LITERALLY could not skate, and we had that ozone pressure… we needed a goal there, in a bad way. Instead, they eventually got it out on what was basically a 5 on 3. They’re finding ways, and we aren’t. That’s what championship teams do.

Kind of resigned to a series L. We look like we have nothing left to give out there. We came back down 3-1 against a much superior penguins team in 2011. If any team can do this, it’s the lightning. But I’m not holding my breath.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Exactly how I’m looking at it. Didn’t deserve an ot win anyway, anytime we got the puck, we’d just flip it to the middle for the Avs to collect it, and push into the offensive zone.

The killer was not going into the second up a couple goals. Instead, we went in up 1. You give an offense like theirs time to score more than 1 goal, they’re gonna do it. That shift where makar and Manson LITERALLY could not skate, and we had that ozone pressure… we needed a goal there, in a bad way. Instead, they eventually got it out on what was basically a 5 on 3. They’re finding ways, and we aren’t. That’s what championship teams do.

Kind of resigned to a series L. We look like we have nothing left to give out there. We came back down 3-1 against a much superior penguins team in 2011. If any team can do this, it’s the lightning. But I’m not holding my breath.
I have not watched that series.
Was PIT really better than us?

About last night...we did not deserve to win, but it does not mean we would have not won with the right calls.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Going to be a chaotic crazed atmosphere in Denver for Game 5. When its your first time in 20+ years the taste for it is unmatched, we can all see it in the teams, but also in the fans. From watching on TV last night the Boltz fans in Amalie were rather relaxed, no fans on their feet in OT or loud cheering to get the team going, its going to be different in Denver for Game 5. Lets hope the Boltz don't get snowed under too bad, I want them to go out with at least some dignity, and not an onslaught of struggle. Go Boltz, great back to back run, so proud!!!!

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
still laughing when i see that second goal for the avs. that dude's backhand shot from in close was so bad that if nobody touched it, it might have gone back to the point, but instead it goes off a knee and in

Reactions: Stammertime91

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I have not watched that series.
Was PIT really better than us?

About last night...we did not deserve to win, but it does not mean we would have not won with the right calls.
I romanticized it a bit, they didn’t have Crosby or malkin, they were both injured. Our team in 2011 was kinda like… it’s hard to draw a direct comparison. Really ragtag group of noobs and vets. No one expected us to make it far that year, but we made the ecf and took the bruins to 7, and lost 1-0 in game 7. The goal was scored with like 5 minutes left of the game if I remember correctly.

When I went to Amalie last year, I saw a thing of Dwayne roloson. It said that game 7 loss in 2011 was likely the worst loss in franchise history. And I’d agree, because I’m still pretty sour about it. Anyway, I got off track.

The pens in 2011 were without their two best players. Imagine us without kicherov and stamkos. But we didn’t really “belong”either, and we came back and took the series. Then we swept the powerhouse caps, then took the eventual cup winner to 7 and lost by a goal, 1-0.

God damn. Fellas, was there a more magical run than 2011?

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I romanticized it a bit, they didn’t have Crosby or malkin, they were both injured. Our team in 2011 was kinda like… it’s hard to draw a direct comparison. Really ragtag group of noobs and vets. No one expected us to make it far that year, but we made the ecf and took the bruins to 7, and lost 1-0 in game 7. The goal was scored with like 5 minutes left of the game if I remember correctly.

When I went to Amalie last year, I saw a thing of Dwayne roloson. It said that game 7 loss in 2011 was likely the worst loss in franchise history. And I’d agree, because I’m still pretty sour about it. Anyway, I got off track.

The pens in 2011 were without their two best players. Imagine us without kicherov and stamkos. But we didn’t really “belong”either, and we came back and took the series. Then we swept the powerhouse caps, then took the eventual cup winner to 7 and lost by a goal, 1-0.
So it was an hell of a run.
And we defeated a good Penguins team, without their superstars.
To be honest, I don't think we can repeat it this time. Too many hurt players out there and a very low motivation after the OT of G5.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

God damn. Fellas, was there a more magical run than 2011?
2011 was such a great run. TB would have gotten beat by Vancouver in the final, though.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

This is the most obvious tbh. But, can't get caught up in a missed call. Sucks, but it's over. Better to move on.

I can't see us winning three in a row when we've already lost three in four. Against Arizona? Sure. Against Toronto? Doable. Against Colorado? Unlikely. Our two way forwards aren't bringing enough scoring chances to put them on their heels and get punished for it. Saw it last night and that's been the Achilles when we've gotten beaten in the ECF before. Can't seem to score when we absolutely need it. Chalk it up to fatigue, injuries, etc., but you're two goals away from 3-1 your favor or even being tied 2-2, but alas here we sit at down 3-1.

Game 5 will be hostile for the boys. I don't think this group is as sound as the last two to simply waltz in and stop the party in a place that's ready to let loose. That building is going to be loud and we lost both there already. I want us to win but you have to face reality, our chances are incredibly low. Bolts will take it game by game and look for one win at a time, but it's not like Colorado is going to ok here we are up 3-1 let's allow a game 7 just cause. That's a determined team over there.

If I have one thing as a fan to "dig" at, it's how lucky their bounces were in game 4. I mean good Lord could you have had two more fortunate bounces. If Cirellis goal line attempt was Nichushkin, that shit would've gone in. It's just been that way.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
This is the most obvious tbh. But, can't get caught up in a missed call. Sucks, but it's over. Better to move on.

I can't see us winning three in a row when we've already lost three in four. Against Arizona? Sure. Against Toronto? Doable. Against Colorado? Unlikely. Our two way forwards aren't bringing enough scoring chances to put them on their heels and get punished for it. Saw it last night and that's been the Achilles when we've gotten beaten in the ECF before. Can't seem to score when we absolutely need it. Chalk it up to fatigue, injuries, etc., but you're two goals away from 3-1 your favor or even being tied 2-2, but alas here we sit at down 3-1.

Game 5 will be hostile for the boys. I don't think this group is as sound as the last two to simply waltz in and stop the party in a place that's ready to let loose. That building is going to be loud and we lost both there already. I want us to win but you have to face reality, our chances are incredibly low. Bolts will take it game by game and look for one win at a time, but it's not like Colorado is going to ok here we are up 3-1 let's allow a game 7 just cause. That's a determined team over there.

If I have one thing as a fan to "dig" at, it's how lucky their bounces were in game 4. I mean good Lord could you have had two more fortunate bounces. If Cirellis goal line attempt was Nichushkin, that shit would've gone in. It's just been that way.
It's not our year.
All the episodes, the lack of goals from our lines, especially the Killorn's one, the special teams and the missed calls...all of these things show it's not our turn to raise the cup.
Next year it'll be better, I hope.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's not our year.
All the episodes, the lack of goals from our lines, especially the Killorn's one, the special teams and the missed calls...all of these things show it's not our turn to raise the cup.
Next year it'll be better, I hope.
This has been the most adequate year of officiating of the three. By far.

It also helped that we weren't playing big, physical teams like the Islanders, who got away with far too much. This year gave us the types of opponents we wanted in 2019.

Two OT losses in the Stanley Cup Final, in isolation, as an end result, aren't terrible losses. TB needs to start series on time, though. Game 1 can be on a Thursday, but TB doesn't start playing until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad