GDT: 6/21-6/22 - 2019 NHL Draft - 8pm ET/ 1PM ET - NBCSN. SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

You mean I get to talk instead of type?

98.5 asked me to come one at 9:20 tonight to talk Bruins draft. But I got two other engagements on air from 9-10 so I told them as soon as the Bruins make their pick (as long as it's not a Euro) I will send them my scouting report and they will put it on air.

Jones wants to get me on next week when I'm available though. But by then, everyone will have their fill of info

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Honestly I love Krug but with depth we have on d, if we can make a hockey trade to significantly move up in draft and bring in a legit top 6 winger for Krug as center piece... I’d do it. Normally I’d say no way to trading a player like Krug but our depth on d is ridiculous and I do think we would get a premium for him.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wonder the cost
I don't really follow Wild developments, but why is he on the trade block? It would seem the Minnesota would want to hang on to its goal scorers.

The cost I think it'll be pretty high. There were rumors out there that he was headed to the Penguins for Kessel but Kessel blocked the deal.

I don't understand them at all. I mean first Neiderator than Coyle and now Zucker, all big heavy players with talent.:dunno:

Reactions: Estlin

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I hope they go for a C at #30, but will trust in the selection of the guys that actually see the players. Just hope they don't out think themselves (2015).

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

Wild's Jason Zucker, dealing with trade rumors, wins King Clancy Memorial Trophy

Already, the team has tried to trade Zucker at least twice. A deal with the Flames at the trade deadline was broached but never executed, and just last month the Wild and Penguins were in talks to send Zucker and center Victor Rask to Pittsburgh in exchange for right winger Phil Kessel and defenseman Jack Johnson, a source confirmed.

That transaction fizzled when Kessel, a Wisconsin native and former Gopher, nixed it; he has a modified no-trade clause.

After these botched trades, it not only seems clear the Wild is willing to cut ties with Zucker not even a year after he signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract, but that a divorce is inevitable. And there could be urgency to reach that resolution.

On July 1, Zucker has a modified no-trade clause that activates that prohibits him from being traded to 10 teams of his choosing — limiting Fenton’s maneuverability.

Reactions: TCB

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Honestly I love Krug but with depth we have on d, if we can make a hockey trade to significantly move up in draft and bring in a legit top 6 winger for Krug as center piece... I’d do it. Normally I’d say no way to trading a player like Krug but our depth on d is ridiculous and I do think we would get a premium for him.
I really think people don’t understand how important Krug is. He drives our transition game and single handedly orchestrates the power play. The impact of losing Krug will be greater than any other single player on our team.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I've been so busy with our move and work that I haven't a clue about this year's draft. I'll still follow it though.Ii love the joy on these kids faces when they drafted - something they've dreamed of since they were little kids.

Reactions: BMC

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I really think people don’t understand how important Krug is. He drives our transition game and single handedly orchestrates the power play. The impact of losing Krug will be greater than any other single player on our team.
On the PP I’d agree 100%. If we want a top 6 winger we are going have to trade a valuable asset. I don’t think anyone else brings that return unless it’s mcavoy or Carlo and I don’t want trade either. While our PP was dynamite and will take a significant hit without Krug, we need to be better 5 on 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad