GDT: 6/21-6/22 - 2019 NHL Draft - 8pm ET/ 1PM ET - NBCSN. SN, TVAS

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Alicat, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimsonace

crimsonace Registered User

Teacher
    That combo of size and speed is hard to match. Now that our local team is no longer in the USHL, I don't get to see the NTDP several times a year like I used to, but the video I've seen of him is that he seems to have solid hands and a nice handle in addition to the size and speed. He could easily be a solid top-6 C or even a power forward winger for the Bruins.

18-year-olds are hard to project. Brandon Carlo, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, David Krejci were all second-round picks who were passed over by almost *every* NHL team (and Torey Krug wasn't even drafted ... by either the USHL or the NHL). All have been key pieces on Stanley Cup finalists.

AngryMilkcrates likes this.
  2. GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877 Barely Irrelevant

Let me be clear.

I am not one of the...

WE JUST GOT OUR ASSES KICKED BY THE BIG BAD BLUES AND NEED TO GET HEAVIER...crowd.

That said, what’s not to like about a big, heavy kid with a bit of a mean streak that is a plus skater, has a high hockey IQ, and is a 3 zone team player? The only question seems to be his offensive upside. We will know a lot more about that after a year at Michigan and a lot more TOI than he got in the US program.

3. Coach Parker

Coach Parker Stanley Cup Champion

It was pretty heated for awhile there. I still think Boston was unsure of a trade/to draft right past the deadline.

TCB and AngryMilkcrates like this.
  4. The don godfather

The don godfather Registered User

Yea but does he has caufileld skills?

5. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

Speaking for myself, first I didn't know we had a crowd, are we like secret group with passwords? Second I would welcome you with open arms in this secret organization, you know your stuff (over hyping a certain third line LW aside).

This is a reasoned response to the criticism the pick has been getting, I love the pick but if they had taken Kalyiev I'm pretty sure I would not have been as pleased, regardless of his boom potential.

I see Beecher being a good third line C for years at worst, a safe pick that fills a need. If one of the players who motivation or commitment taken afterwards become a 40 goal scorer i am still good with this pick.

My many criticisms of Sweeney do not include the teams decision to draft high character players over Seguins and Hamiltons. I think it is a solid management decision to pick a higher character player with a lower ceiling than a low character player with a higher ceiling

GloryDaze4877 likes this.
  6. GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877 Barely Irrelevant

If he had Caufield’s “skills” to go with that size/speed ratio, he (and not Jack Hughes) would have been the 1st pick.

DoubleAAAA and 00BW like this.
  7. TP

TP Global Moderator

Awards:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.