GDT: #6//2019.10.14//"Thanksgiving Showdown"//Oilers@Blackhawks//6:30pm//United Center//etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Be better?

They didn’t look themselves at all for a bit and the comments of them”looking drunk” is regards to making poor decisions with the puck of missing passes they usually make etc, was a pretty solid description of how they looked.

Obviously they still came up huge, but anyone saying they weren’t a little off early in the game must have been watching a different game.

Saying that Kassian looks drunk regardless of the analogy is in poor taste IMO. I'm not a joke prude but come on.
I also saw a lot of folks saying that they should take Kassian off the top line because of a couple of fumbles, a guy who has been a great compliment to McDrai for the better part of half of a season.

Criticism is fine and of course the top line isn't immune from criticism especially in a choppy game like the one they had against New York but I just found some of it to be over the top. It's the "Kassian is drunk" stuff that rubbed me the wrong way moreso than any criticism.

Anyway, on to the Blackhawks game. Sorry for cluttering up the thread.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Oilers lead 4-0 after first period and final score will be 5-4. Hawks will make hell of a comeback but will still fall short.

Ethan Bear GWG

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
They are trying to get all the bottom six people playing time and trying out different combination--to see who will sink and who will swim--Haas has a much longer rope than Archibald i think--Archie had better show something soon.

Havnt seen Granlund yet. Offensive he seems to be below average. I hope he is killing it defensevly?

I think the best bottom lines are Khaira - Sheahan - best fit of Arch/Chiasson, Nygård - Haas - the best fit of Granlund/Russell/Gagner.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Don't miss Strome at all. Sheahan is a better Strome for a third of the price.
Nygard seems just as good as Cagguila thus far so don't miss him either.

The bottom 6 hasn't been ineffective if you've been watching closely enough. It would be nice to see them pitch in some offense at some point though.
If I watch them more closely have they secretly been on the ice for fewer goals against and more goals for?

At 5v5 they're getting buried.The only offense the bottom 6 has produced is a 4v4 goal. 1/2 of the duo that produced the goal isn't even in the lineup.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Saying that Kassian looks drunk regardless of the analogy is in poor taste IMO. I'm not a joke prude but come on.
I also saw a lot of folks saying that they should take Kassian off the top line because of a couple of fumbles, a guy who has been a great compliment to McDrai for the better part of half of a season.

Criticism is fine and of course the top line isn't immune from criticism especially in a choppy game like the one they had against New York but I just found some of it to be over the top. It's the "Kassian is drunk" stuff that rubbed me the wrong way moreso than any criticism.

Anyway, on to the Blackhawks game. Sorry for cluttering up the thread.

Yeah, for some reason I forgot about kass’ issues. That makes sense. I know I said the whole first line looked drunk for reasons I stated above, but that’s not an excuse. I’ll definitely watch my words when it comes to players having off games. Thanks for explaining.

You’re always going to have people making snap decisions as fans like removing people off lines after 1 fumble though, that’s just the nature of being a fan. We always know better than the coaches on these forums.

Reactions: McCupofOil

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
That’s fine Cags D should be an automatic 2 goals back.
Is Cags really on their top line??

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahaa.... ahhahhahahaha....hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha... weeeeee... hahahaha.a... ahem.. haha.. heh.. huh... (cough cough) ahem.. hehe.. ughh... hmmmph

Sorry..

Hehe..
. Umm... heh..

Hmm.. hee hee hee . Heh...

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Caggiula played on their top line immediately after the trade, when we played them it was Kane-Toews-Caggiula. So he is a regular on their top unit.
I know that he played with Kane after the trade. But my point is that Chicago's top line is always the Kane line. He is by far their best player.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I want botom 6 to score. But I think it will be the ordinary chorus we know for long McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge. BUt I hope that at least Jurco could score. 1st line production™

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If I watch them more closely have they secretly been on the ice for fewer goals against and more goals for?

At 5v5 they're getting buried.The only offense the bottom 6 has produced is a 4v4 goal. 1/2 of the duo that produced the goal isn't even in the lineup.

Since Sheahan returned, they haven't been buried at all and in fact, that line has dominated possession and done its job wearing down the opposition. The PK has also been exponentially better partially due to better PKers in the bottom 6.
The other line with the various mixes of players haven't been great but they haven't been getting "caved in" either except when "punny enough" Cave was in the lineup.

Anyway, my point is that they don't miss Strome and Cagguila. Hell, I remember that you despised Cagguila so are you actually arguing that Strome and Cagguila were better than this current group?
I'd like to see them chip in more goals as well but to say that they've been ineffective overall is incorrect.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Hope the roll continues.

I would really like to see more out of Nuge. He's still been pretty invisible for em.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Since Sheahan returned, they haven't been buried at all and in fact, that line has dominated possession and done its job wearing down the opposition. The PK has also been exponentially better partially due to better PKers in the bottom 6.
The other line with the various mixes of players haven't been great but they haven't been getting "caved in" either except when "punny enough" Cave was in the lineup.

Anyway, my point is that they don't miss Strome and Cagguila. Hell, I remember that you despised Cagguila so are you actually arguing that Strome and Cagguila were better than this current group?
I'd like to see them chip in more goals as well but to say that they've been ineffective overall is incorrect.

Nah Caggiula was trash.

Strome would definitely be an upgrade on anyone in our bottom 6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad