6 -2 Habs vs Kings Is this real life? edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In the Vancouver GDT (Béliveau homage game), which W7 started, he wrote this in the opening post:

"I'm not sure whether I should stick around or not, as this was supposed to be my last post but it's folks like MiG and Blou who keep this place running through the daily grind and in good spirits, HFHabs Hall of Famers indeed."

He seems to have thought about leaving but it wasn't definite.

Anyone have an update that doesn't involve any of us risking our lives to find out? :sarcasm:
I guess he figured with Eller coming back that we weren't going to have any room for him either.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What do you think of Desharnais in his third line role so far? Do you think he can contribute there or do you still just want him gone?

I still want him gone. He's been better there but I want Eller over him and I don't see a space for DD on the wing since I think we both can agree Andrighetto will be better.

That's the main thing, deployment. It's all good at home, will be a different story on the road. DD isn't playing 3rd line role. Both games he got more PP time than Plekanec, and still only take offensive games situations.

Our 3rd liners usually do the same job if not better by taking meaningless Powerplay time or offensive game situations away from our top lines making them more dangerous.

Desharnais couldn't take the defensive load away from the top lines and that's mainly why Galchenyuk had to face both top offensive line in the last 2 games.

I do believe Desharnais could work on the wing with Eller.....but only with Eller as a center. But still, he won't be the best options on the wing either.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
DD haters master plan :

Step 1 : he shouldn't be playing with Patch
Step 2 : he shouldn't play on the PP at all
Step 3 : He shouldn't play center
Step 4 : He shouldn't play wing either
Step 5 : He shouldn't play on the habs
Step 6 : He shouldn't play in the NHL
Step 7 : He shouldn't play hockey at all, he's offensive to my sensibilities
Step 8 : Should DD get to have any job at all ?
Step 9 : Does he really deserve to live ?

Where does it end guys ? WHERE !? ;)

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
DD haters master plan :

Exaggeration aside I'm pretty people won't be happy with him just because.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

If he's in a position where he can be successful without the team hinging on it I'll be happy and I'm a Desharnais hater. The position I envision is secondary scorer on the 3rd line with Eller and Sekac.

PricePkPatch*

If he's in a position where he can be successful without the team hinging on it I'll be happy and I'm a Desharnais hater. The position I envision is secondary scorer on the 3rd line with Eller and Sekac.

2 big bodies to create space for him? Thats actually a good idea

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs didn't come close to dominating the LAK but they did a lot of good things. Of course their goalkeeping was worlds better and they scored six goals. Subban roared back to life and we saw what Sekac can do when given the opportunity. LAK fans should realize that although they're backing a championship team the Habs belong in the same league. I have good words for Andrighetto, Bournival. Gilbert, Malhotra, and Prust.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
In the Vancouver GDT (Béliveau homage game), which W7 started, he wrote this in the opening post:

"I'm not sure whether I should stick around or not, as this was supposed to be my last post but it's folks like MiG and Blou who keep this place running through the daily grind and in good spirits, HFHabs Hall of Famers indeed."

He seems to have thought about leaving but it wasn't definite.

Anyone have an update that doesn't involve any of us risking our lives to find out? :sarcasm:

I enjoy reading W7's posts.

However, this is nothing more than a flippin' Habs hockey message board. No offense, but that post screams "Attention *****".

And his tweets are ****ed up. Complex dude for sure.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
DD haters master plan :

DD gets traded to the NY Rangers for next season. He scores 25 goals with 45 assists and helps eliminate the Habs in the playoffs.

David Desharnais becomes the new Ryan McDonagh at HFBoards.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Loving those new HF ads for Destiny PS3/4. What's with the placement of that logo, looks like a thong.

10018679494_765071b6cd_z.jpg

Reminds me of those fail wolverine or spiderman products:

hqdefault.jpg
medium.jpg

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

You think people have an ax to grind with DD no matter what?
That's ridiculous man.

Most just wanted him off the first line, and rightfully so. DD apologists tried to come up with a bunch of different reasons why he should remain there and that's what made the DD threads so ridiculous at times. Saying crap like ''there's no one else'' or ''DD makes Max produce'' or other BS excuses I've read.
Just look at how the traffic of the DD dropped fast after he was demoted.

He's on a 3rd line and looking pretty good now. If he keeps it up, then great. When Eller returns, I think DD should be moved to wing. If it doesn't work out then he should be moved.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
DD gets traded to the NY Rangers for next season. He scores 25 goals with 45 assists and helps eliminate the Habs in the playoffs.

David Desharnais becomes the new Ryan McDonagh at HFBoards.

The sad part is that I think you're serious..

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah that would be a great spot for him. I can't see why he couldn't be a winger.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
The way Sekac is playing, why would you want him back on the 3rd line?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Loving those new HF ads for Destiny PS3/4. What's with the placement of that logo, looks like a thong.

It's actually a picture of Master Chief's crotch. I kid you not.

lyZ08Ls.jpg

PS Destiny sucks! (Oh yea I went there!) :nod:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I enjoy reading W7's posts.

However, this is nothing more than a flippin' Habs hockey message board. No offense, but that post screams "Attention *****".

And his tweets are ****ed up. Complex dude for sure.

What is W7's twitter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad