6 -2 Habs vs Kings Is this real life? edition

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Jesus, those shots on goal stats.... again... are going to bury this team or a goaltender.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Two games at center and his face off percentage is strong and he has not made any bad defensive plays. Tonight against one of the best teams in the league and last game against the Sedins.

Not nearly as dominant as he was against Vancouver but they had some good cycles in the offensive zone and got some shots. Patches was off with his passes and I think that is just all about learning each other
What do you think of Desharnais in his third line role so far? Do you think he can contribute there or do you still just want him gone?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Almost as delicious as the win was the announcement that our young guys have arrived. Beaulieu was confident, fast and solid; Andrighetto's scoring instincts are translating to the NHL; Galchenyuk is transitioning into a strong C; and Sekac is looking like a top-tier power forward. Exciting times!
That's what really made the win special for me. The young guys contributed to the win and looked great during the process. The Kings are a tough team to play against regardless of them playing on back to back nights. The young guys were able to play against them and created turnovers.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
The more I think about it, the more I wish they would rip down all those damn flashing lights and monitors telling people when to clap and never play anything other than an organ in the Bell Centre.

That Beliveau night reminded me I've forget what a hockey game experience used to be like. At the risk of sounding too much like a tradionalist, it would be nice to be that one arena where it wasn't a rock concert and more like a hockey game.

Shame it was for only one game. Absolutely enjoyed Tuesday's game with the old rock songs and the organ. No POM fan of the match, no Tam Tam, no electronic music. I absolutely enjoyed Tuesday's night better than yesterday's night.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What do you think of Desharnais in his third line role so far? Do you think he can contribute there or do you still just want him gone?

I still want him gone. He's been better there but I want Eller over him and I don't see a space for DD on the wing since I think we both can agree Andrighetto will be better.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Shame it was for only one game. Absolutely enjoyed Tuesday's game with the old rock songs and the organ. No POM fan of the match, no Tam Tam, no electronic music. I absolutely enjoyed Tuesday's night better than yesterday's night.

Call Molson and tell him to make it happen.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Okay, I'm a little late to the party but what's this about W7? What happened? Why is he supposedly leaving? And what blog?

[topgun]his ego was writing paychecks his body couldn't cash. [/topgun]

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
[topgun]his ego was writing paychecks his body couldn't cash. [/topgun]

...if Board "indiscretions" are the issue, I have found that certain MODS are more easily handing out the BOOM stick...even small bits of sarcasm are beaten down with an iron hand these days...:(

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
...if Board "indiscretions" are the issue, I have found that certain MODS are more easily handing out the BOOM stick...even small bits of sarcasm are beaten down with an iron hand these days...:(

I'm the king of infractions, you are preaching to the choir.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
W7 is gone? That sucks, he was entertaining. Banned or just decided to move on?

In the Vancouver GDT (Béliveau homage game), which W7 started, he wrote this in the opening post:

"I'm not sure whether I should stick around or not, as this was supposed to be my last post but it's folks like MiG and Blou who keep this place running through the daily grind and in good spirits, HFHabs Hall of Famers indeed."

He seems to have thought about leaving but it wasn't definite.

Anyone have an update that doesn't involve any of us risking our lives to find out? :sarcasm:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I still want him gone. He's been better there but I want Eller over him and I don't see a space for DD on the wing since I think we both can agree Andrighetto will be better.
Well, I love Andrighetto so yes, I agree he can be better. However, Andrighetto would be better in a Top-6 role (his our second most creative forward after Galchenyuk).

It's more of a battle between Desharnais, Prust, Weise, and Bournival for 3 spots.

And I'll take Desharnais on the third line before the rest.

I've already stated I'd take Prust out of the line-up, as I think Bournival's speed brings more to the team.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well, I love Andrighetto so yes, I agree he can be better. However, Andrighetto would be better in a Top-6 role (his our second most creative forward after Galchenyuk).

It's more of a battle between Desharnais, Prust, Weise, and Bournival for 3 spots.

And I'll take Desharnais on the third line before the rest.

I've already stated I'd take Prust out of the line-up, as I think Bournival's speed brings more to the team.

...Desharnais @ centre or wing??...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad