6 -2 Habs vs Kings Is this real life? edition

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
you also have to remember when looking at the shot count that a good half of LA's shots were shots with no aim and no chance for a rebound, just a hail mary (i counted 5 in the 3rd from behind or on the red line in our d zone)

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
you also have to remember when looking at the shot count that a good half of LA's shots were shots with no aim and no chance for a rebound, just a hail mary (i counted 5 in the 3rd from behind or on the red line in our d zone)

To me, even if they hadn't badly out shot us, they still badly outplayed us. It was easy out there for kings to enter zone, stay in zone, skate across zone and pretty much keep the puck on there sticks most of the game.
For those who like corsi....well that was a scary stats for MTL...
And for us to beat LA in the best of 7....I just don't see it but....

Davebo*

Consider Quick was not in net tonight.

I'm happy for the win but we would get demolished in a playoff series with them.

Probably. Or - Carey does what he did last night - every game. Our history is littered with great goaltenders who've stolen us cups.

We had our chance last year - then frigging kreider... :rant:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chemistry takes time.

Also let's not forget, we are talking the LA Kings here. Thats a big test for Galchenyuk facing the Kings centers especially when he is a raw NHL center.

Let them gel a bit. Galchenyuk is plays the game at a different speed then DD did, it may take time for Pacioretty to get accustomed to it and also because Galchenyuk can shoot, Patches needs to hunting down rebounds

Two games at center and his face off percentage is strong and he has not made any bad defensive plays. Tonight against one of the best teams in the league and last game against the Sedins.

Not nearly as dominant as he was against Vancouver but they had some good cycles in the offensive zone and got some shots. Patches was off with his passes and I think that is just all about learning each other

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Almost as delicious as the win was the announcement that our young guys have arrived. Beaulieu was confident, fast and solid; Andrighetto's scoring instincts are translating to the NHL; Galchenyuk is transitioning into a strong C; and Sekac is looking like a top-tier power forward. Exciting times!

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Two games at center and his face off percentage is strong and he has not made any bad defensive plays. Tonight against one of the best teams in the league and last game against the Sedins.

Not nearly as dominant as he was against Vancouver but they had some good cycles in the offensive zone and got some shots. Patches was off with his passes and I think that is just all about learning each other

Let's just say that overall, the Habs barely touch the puck. The team couldn't generate anything off the D zone exit..

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
I was there last night. It was a really strange game where basically, every shot went in. The habs had 5 shots and 2 goals at the start of the second period. The Kings were clearly the better team throughout this game, but they couldn't beat Price on the few real quality chances they had (ya they out shot us but a ton of those shots were really crappy ones). This is not the kind of game you want to see the Habs play because every player not named Jiri was out muscled tonight. Pax was completely invisible as well. I mean it's nice to get the win and it was fun being at the Bell centre, but yeesh. There's some work to be done yet.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Exactly and we should not forget one thing.
Galchenyuk didn't took DD's role
And DD didn't take Eller's role.

When Eller get back and ease up the hard match-up like he did for DD for years, then that line will get the juice. Right now, they are playing very tough minutes and are doing very well.

Would've like a little bit more offense....but everybody is learning about how Galchenyuk plays at center.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Exactly and we should not forget one thing.
Galchenyuk didn't took DD's role
And DD didn't take Eller's role.

When Eller get back and ease up the hard match-up like he did for DD for years, then that line will get the juice. Right now, they are playing very tough minutes and are doing very well.

Would've like a little bit more offense....but everybody is learning about how Galchenyuk plays at center.

Game one he could have had 5 pts and I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

Tonight maybe one point he should have had but when you're up against Stoll, Richards, kopitar, carter.. That's pretty encouraging.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yup therrien is some mastermind. "Rah rah" everything the management and coaches do is perfect.

Blissful ignorance. What a world you must live in

Sure, misread or distort what i said. I never claimed that the coaches and/or management are infallible.

You're the one who claims anything wrong with the team is Therrien's fault and anything right is the players, luck or Bergevin taking away MT's toys.

You realize if that's remotely true, then MB must be one of the biggest passive aggressive MOFs in the world. Does Bergevin strike you as a passive aggressive type?

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Almost as delicious as the win was the announcement that our young guys have arrived. Beaulieu was confident, fast and solid; Andrighetto's scoring instincts are translating to the NHL; Galchenyuk is transitioning into a strong C; and Sekac is looking like a top-tier power forward. Exciting times!

Exactly. There is evolution happening...

Wish that there was a game tonight. :help:

Its my Saturday night routine.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I sure hope they come out Tuesday and dominate the **** out of Carolina. Although I'm sure Chris Lee will get that game and they'll be shorthanded 3/4 of the game.

habitue*

Jones was bad and Price was great. That's the end of the story for this game. Habs are not yet at Kings' level as a team.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Therrien said we're not contenders for the cup..''on sait jamais pretendu etre des concurrents a la couple Stanley (face a ces equipes la)..''

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Jones was bad and Price was great. That's the end of the story for this game. Habs are not yet at Kings' level as a team.
Missed the game sadly (and might have to PVR tonight's contest as well) but there's no shame in getting outplayed by LA. They are the cream of the crop in the NHL right now. The fact that they also have Quick to go along with that roster just makes them super scary.

Anyways, nice to get two points off of them - backup goalie or not.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Missed the game sadly (and might have to PVR tonight's contest as well) but there's no shame in getting outplayed by LA. They are the cream of the crop in the NHL right now. The fact that they also have Quick to go along with that roster just makes them super scary.

Anyways, nice to get two points off of them - backup goalie or not.

Marc Denis said after 2 periods Corsi rel. was 72% for LA. That's not outplayed. That's even more than domination. Kings were playing a back to back on top of it.
If we're not lucky and Jones isn't generous, people would be singing a very different tune. Kings almost had as many shots in the 3rd than we had all game.
One of our worst games.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

LA had a lot of scoring chances, but like you said, they threw a lot of pucks to the net from everywhere. I thought the defense did a good job protecting the slot for the most part and getting to rebounds. LA had too much possession time but Price played great and the Habs forced a few major gaffes and capitalized on them.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The more I think about it, the more I wish they would rip down all those damn flashing lights and monitors telling people when to clap and never play anything other than an organ in the Bell Centre.

That Beliveau night reminded me I've forget what a hockey game experience used to be like. At the risk of sounding too much like a tradionalist, it would be nice to be that one arena where it wasn't a rock concert and more like a hockey game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad