6 -2 Habs vs Kings Is this real life? edition

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
If he's in a position where he can be successful without the team hinging on it I'll be happy and I'm a Desharnais hater. The position I envision is secondary scorer on the 3rd line with Eller and Sekac.

Once again people keep insisting on diluting our top offensive lines to accommodate this midget! STOP it! Just STAHP!

Eller > DD
Sekac > Parentau

'nuff said

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I wonder if Therrien will entertain the thought of leaving the top three lines alone when Eller returns if they keep on producing... and sitting Malhotra or Weise. When Manny plays he can take all the key faceoffs, but play the wing after the draw.

1 Patch Chuck Gally
2 Sekac Pleks Ghetto
3a Bourni DD PAP
3b Prust Eller Weise/Malhotra

Bear in mind many NHL teams don't have cut and dried line designations..some nights the fourth line will play more than the third..or the third more than the second. LA Kings are a good example. Perhaps Therrien will take that approach...try to roll four lines for the most part and dole out extra time for specialized times like PP, PK, end of periods, protecting the lead. Eller's line would get the key defensive assignments, DD's line could draw other team's fourth lines on many nights and have an advantage in offensive upside. Bourni, DD, PAP, Weise and Malhotra could all sit out some games...lots of mixing and matching possible.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I wonder if Therrien will entertain the thought of leaving the top three lines alone when Eller returns if they keep on producing... and sitting Malhotra or Weise. When Manny plays he can take all the key faceoffs, but play the wing after the draw.

1 Patch Chuck Gally
2 Sekac Pleks Ghetto
3a Bourni DD PAP
3b Prust Eller Weise/Malhotra

Bear in mind many NHL teams don't have cut and dried line designations..some nights the fourth line will play more than the third..or the third more than the second. LA Kings are a good example. Perhaps Therrien will take that approach...try to roll four lines for the most part and dole out extra time for specialized times like PP, PK, end of periods, protecting the lead. Eller's line would get the key defensive assignments, DD's line could draw other team's fourth lines on many nights and have an advantage in offensive upside. Bourni, DD, PAP, Weise and Malhotra could all sit out some games...lots of mixing and matching possible.

That's so crazy.... it might work!! As long as we can keep DD off the PP I'd be down with giving it a try. Line 3b is a really solid defensive line. We need that in order to get the favorable offensive matchups. But one's gotta ask will Eller ever get a shot at an offensive role and stop getting paired with offensive black holes? I agree all four LA Kings lines are solid.

Interesting post Grant.

PricePkPatch*

Once again people keep insisting on diluting our top offensive lines to accommodate this midget! STOP it! Just STAHP!

Eller > DD
Sekac > Parentau

'nuff said

I HATE FRENCH PLAYERS, AND THEY SHOULD NEVER PLAY FOR THE MONTREAL CANADIENS!! HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!

They suck!!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I HATE FRENCH PLAYERS, AND THEY SHOULD NEVER PLAY FOR THE MONTREAL CANADIENS!! HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!

They suck!!

WTF!? Do you really believe that people would hate DD if he was actually you know... good? lmao. I would take a dozen Rocket Ricards and Jean Béliveau on this team over DD.

Eller has kept pace with DD time and time again doing it from the 3rd line with lesser quality wingers and no PP time. He was also our leading scorer in the playoffs where DD was easily shutdown and will again if we make it to the playoffs!

Sekac has as many points as PAP again doing it mostly from the 3rd line, in less games and with a higher +/-. He's also more physical so while Sekac is on his way up, PAP is on the decline.

French people come across sounding so insane when they cry about french players even when they are of lesser quality than another player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad