GDT: 6/17 | SCF Game 3 | Bruins vs Blackhawks - 8pm ET (7pm CT) -Comin Home Edition- NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xegiie

Oct 21, 2011
Czech republic
can Jagr finally score? please
sad20face.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Class class class. So much class. The classiest of the classy in a classy game full of classy teams with such classy players.

I can't be the only one who couldn't care any less about the whole "class" discussion right? Maybe I'm just tired of seeing the word, as it's probably the most overused cliche on hfboards.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Class class class. So much class. The classiest of the classy in a classy game full of classy teams with such classy players.

I can't be the only one who couldn't care any less about the whole "class" discussion right? Maybe I'm just tired of seeing the word, as it's probably the most overused cliche on hfboards.

Well that's just not classy

Office_520_classy.jpg

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
Here we go again, huh? I still can't watch the games...cable TV and here I am on the hillside, broke as a bone. The good news is, kiddies, that each game I've had to suffer through crackly AM broadcasts have been victories. The only two that I managed to viddy were losses, one to Tronno, and Game 1 of the Final.

Ah, you know how it goes. At least we'll finally be treated to the sultry golden-throated dulcet tones of Rene Rancourt....

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Bruins take this one. This I think will be the highest scoring game out of the series. Bruins take it 5-2. Goals from Marchand(2), Lucic, Seguin, Paille.

Let's go B's!

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Thought the game was at 4 my time for some reason but its at 5. Good can do pregame swim 1 last time. Can't starting Wednesday.

Southern Gentleman B

May 1, 2011
Brevard, NC
Chicago wilted to the B's physical play in game 2. I suspect Quenneville has given them a mouthful of criticism and they will come out to prove they can hold up under the physical pressure. B's have to be ready to play from the opening face off, nothing would be worse than getting down early and having the home crowd taken out.

Really nervous about this game, but I blow at predicting how games will play out so maybe it's a good sign. I need something to calm down or I might not make it until 8:00.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Nice GDT. Savard is on the IR Not the LTIR though.

thanks, noted.
Thanks to everybody for the GDT love.

Everybody should take a minute to appreciate how effing cool it is that we're in the Finals. :handclap:
Sometimes it's ~20 years between appearances! :amazed:

and as always...

GO :bruinss!

Punk

Oct 3, 2005
SK
My brother Flew to Boston this AM from Ile a la Crosse, Saskatchewan...He will be watching the next 2 games..Let's hope the Bruins put on a good show for him

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
Winger Viktor Stalberg will return to #Blackhawks' lineup for Game 3 vs. #Bruins. Brandon Bollig is out.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Quenneville on what he needs from Stalberg: "We need some speed from him, we need some energy." #Blackhawks #Bruins

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
#Blackhawks were learning TD Garden's quirks at morning skate. Quenneville equated the boards to Detroit's funky ones. #Bruins

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
So stoked..., I'd like to see the Yeti tho.

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't mind sitting Pevs for a game, seeing what sort of thang Carl would bring to the table.

I wouldn't be against giving Doug a shot, either, but, really, Krug has been playing so well (even if he hasn't been on the scoresheet lately he adds that great element from the blueline) it'd be hard to sit him. If ain't falling to pieces, don't monkey with the eggs in the bush under the burning bridge, neh?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If they are focusing on the quirks of the Garden in practice then I think the B's need to exploit their hesitation early. I also think they need to keep hitting. The more they hit the shakier they get.

Blackhawks fans may disagree but there's no denying some of the dmen were looking over their shoulders in game 2.

Last change plus the crowd are also going to be beneficial.

B's win 3-1 in regulation. Kelly, Seguin and Krejci score for the B's. Saad for the Hawks.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
My brother Flew to Boston this AM from Ile a la Crosse, Saskatchewan...He will be watching the next 2 games..Let's hope the Bruins put on a good show for him

A good Saskatchewan kid representing the 306 in the 617!

Hope he has a great time!

Bojakees*

Oh I haven't forgotten...I've mentioned many a time that he hasn't looked the same since that Chrius Neil hit. He's as slow as Jagr right now but at least he has his hockey sense and experience to make up for the loss in his quickness and mobility. What's really surprised me is I don't think I've ever seen him this gritty...he's really going pell mell into the greasy areas.

If things go well this afternoon I'm off to my skate this evening and it doesn't end until 8 pm. Hopefully when I'm travelling back down rt. 1 again I get the same thrill I heard on the radio when I tuned into the 4 goal first period buttkicking of Pittsburgh two weeks ago.

He did not look to slow to me when he was covering back for the pinching dman and read the play crashing the net perfectly timed while scoring the goal....He has the same speed he always has had. He just has played in some tough luck with some line mates who have been as snake bitten as he has. Jagr could easily have had 3-4 goals while playing with him.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Going to the game tonight. Might have to lay low a few weekends to balance out my finances after this. But its the cup!
I was a broke college kid living off subway and cheap beer back in 2011. Now I can atleast afford to go. You never know when they'll be back. Go B's!

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Awesome job on the GDT soosh...."win it for"....we've all got someone we want to see them "win it for."

The only prediction I'm willing to make is that I'll be there. My ability to accurately prognosticate anything will never be any better than it was yesterday, so I'm going out on top.

Get it done in your barn, fellas.

Win it for my cat.. Bagheera was just a kitten when we won in 2011. A little all black kitten with long fur..

We just had to put him down on Friday due to urinary tract complications... he was only 2. It hit me like a brick wall, haven't bawled like that in years. Win it for Bagheera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad