GDT: 6/13/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Can anyone see anything that looks like positives in the above interviews? All I hear is blah, blah, blah. They all sound like it's over to me. Hope they prove me wrong.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I keep remembering things.

Just when the **** did we resort to being a dump and chase team? It's frustrating to watch almost every dump in, Chicago regains possession. We'll make a show of it, and ALMOST get to the puck, or lose a board battle, but inevitable, it goes the other way.

We never did that **** during the regular season. It clearly isn't working now. Why the **** do we keep doing it? I'll tell you why. They're standing our guys up right at the blue line, like a wall. Hit that blue line with speed, then they'll give you a cushion. Simple as that. Stop ****ing chipping it.

That's exactly why we've been dumping and chasing. Chicago is stacking 4 guys wide on the blue line. We need to either hit the line with speed and force them back, or we need to chip it deep and send 3 guys in to win it back. We were chipping it deep but then no one was charging to go get it. Chicago is very disciplined and quick with the puck. If you give them even one second of unpressured possession, they are going to make a play.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I'm not labeling Sustr an all-star. I'm just saying I think he's outplaying Carle. Carle flubs passes when there isn't an opposing player within 20 feet of him. His shot makes Sustr's look like Chara's. And I've never once seen him even jab someone after a whistle. Oh yea, he's also making 5 mil more a year.

Here's a summation of Sustr in the last 2 series. It's very similar to Carle's.

-icing
-icing
-dump to other team in neutral zone
-icing
-decent zone exit
-icing
-icing
-dangle attempt that leads to turnover in the slot.
-pass to someone with their back turned
-icing

That's basically what has happened for the last 12 games when he is on the ice.

And after he had the gigantic turnover on the half wall last night he coasts back as Vermette skates by him on his way to the slot while Sustr's controller disconnects. UNACCEPTABLE. I'm telling you, SFY won't even qualify him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Can anyone see anything that looks like positives in the above interviews? All I hear is blah, blah, blah. They all sound like it's over to me. Hope they prove me wrong.

not the interviews I didnt take much into them they are disappointed of course I think they play another good game but as we have seen that might not be enough

what I will say is I see a great adjustment and know how to beat crawford and the hawks next game is simple

we had a guy at net whole night we had tips we had pucks get onto crawford a lot of them and a lot of chances the one thing is we need two guys at night opposite sides we had that a couple times i was like throw puck to other guy haha

if we put two guys there we will score and break through one was honestly an improvement but if we get two guys and tyjo to get in there we win game 6 imho

It is there for the taking and I dont care how good crawford has played you get the bodies there we score some goals

I will tip hat to crawford so far he has won them this series up to this point which after watching him in playoffs and against detroit for the last four years I said he couldnt do this

stamkos missing opportunities hurts us but honestly tyjo not going to the net is killing us he is one if not our best net guy hes better then kucherov in finishing and a lot better then palat.

all last night was either stamkos or paquette or palat at net but i was like wheres tyjo wheres boyle wheres callahan if we put four bodies there we will open this series up and win like we can

so i hope the coach sees the same thing

i really liked the second and third periods us winning some big faceoffs I loved us having some set plays

I think we have played well enough to win and we can do it again a couple minor tweaks we make it back home for game 7 and anything can happen:)

Am proud of the boys this team imho they have left it out there they did what I said and upped the shots now they just need a couple bodies and some mad scrambles like chicagos second goal and we can do this

gooooooooooooooooooooooooo boltsssssssssssssss

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
The Bishop flub, UGH!!!

How many times do goalies need to be told STAY IN THE NET!!!

It's not over, but its going to be more difficult (not impossible) to win in Chicago.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm not labeling Sustr an all-star. I'm just saying I think he's outplaying Carle. Carle flubs passes when there isn't an opposing player within 20 feet of him. His shot makes Sustr's look like Chara's. And I've never once seen him even jab someone after a whistle. Oh yea, he's also making 5 mil more a year.

You're focusing on the wrong question here. It's not: Is Sustr better than Carle ? The answer is obviously yes but it's like asking if Vasilevskiy is better than Morrow. They're not competing for the same position so it doesn't matter. The real question is: Is Sustr better than Nesterov ? And on the other side: Is Barberio better than Carle ? (sadly probably not) Personally I'd have liked to see Witko in for a game since he looked stellar at the end of the season but that was never going to happen.

And on a side note last night was my first game at Amalie Arena. I've been to a lot of NHL games but they've been exclusively in the West and Central areas so it was a new experience. It was honestly the best atmosphere that I've ever had. The pre-game show was incredible and they did a great job of getting everyone in the arena cheering whether they were a Bolts or a Hawks fan. I was really proud to be a Lightning fan in that building last night and no matter how the rest of the series goes I'm still glad I made this trip so I could experience that :)

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
You're focusing on the wrong question here. It's not: Is Sustr better than Carle ? The answer is obviously yes but it's like asking if Vasilevskiy is better than Morrow. They're not competing for the same position so it doesn't matter. The real question is: Is Sustr better than Nesterov ? And on the other side: Is Barberio better than Carle ? (sadly probably not) Personally I'd have liked to see Witko in for a game since he looked stellar at the end of the season but that was never going to happen.

And on a side note last night was my first game at Amalie Arena. I've been to a lot of NHL games but they've been exclusively in the West and Central areas so it was a new experience. It was honestly the best atmosphere that I've ever had. The pre-game show was incredible and they did a great job of getting everyone in the arena cheering whether they were a Bolts or a Hawks fan. I was really proud to be a Lightning fan in that building last night and no matter how the rest of the series goes I'm still glad I made this trip so I could experience that :)

Lucky you! There's some moron asking $71,827 for a Standing Room ticket in Game 6 in Chicago on StubHub. The insanity on ticket prices this series is freaking unreal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lucky you! There's some moron asking $71,827 for a Standing Room ticket in Game 6 in Chicago on StubHub. The insanity on ticket prices this series is freaking unreal.

I sat in section 106 last night, funny how both goals were scored away from me so i could not see the train wreck right up close. Come to think of it no goals were scored on my end.

I;m glad I was able to experience it, Tampa has certainly become a great hockey city. Whoever thinks otherwise is a clueless ignorant f'ing moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad