GDT: 6/13/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Cigar & Kramerica, was gonna quote both of you separately, but my responses have a common denominator...aggressiveness.

Cigar, at least Sustr is willing to chip in from the blue line, take shots, and get in someone's face during a scrum from time to time. I don't care how gangly he looks/plays. The kid is out there trying, has made decent progress, and isn't a turnover machine. His reach, while sometimes a crutch, is definitely an advantage as well. Carle on the other hand, is a train wreck, especially when you consider he has 6 YEARS MORE EXPERIENCE!

Kramerica, the reason you thought we weren't going to tie it up is because this team refuses to deviate from its gameplan until there's 60 seconds left in the game. There is zero desperation. Instead of skating into their zone with authority when given a chance, we'd rather get the puck to within 6 inches of the blue line, drop it back to the red line, pass it cross ice to someone else, weakly slide it down the boards, fight for it there for a minute, get control and pass it to a Dman who passes up a clear lane with 2 people in front, cycle it behind the net, pass it to someone on the goal line, shoot it into the back of the net or 10 feet in front of the crease, cycle it again, pass up another open lane shot to get it to a guy at the dot with 2 guys tying him up, etc etc. Cooper has these guys brainwashed I tell ya. Never seen a team so reluctant to shoot in my life.

Like, no. I agree with your 2nd part but the part about sustr. No. Hell to the ****ing no. How anybody can say ANYTHING decent about him is beyond me. His reach doesn't even help, by the time his noodle giraffe legs glide to the puck he ****ING FORGETS to choke up on the stick cause it's so long and he flubs the pass or loses it. Multiple ocassions tonight where that happened. Him and carle cannot pass hard enough for NHL forwards to accept without losing their head, aka suicide passes, or eluding an interception. I've seen high schoolers pass harder.

Regardless of a scapegoat.

I feel the fans should be able to egg the players after these pathetic home losses. Line them up on thunder alley and let the STH just egg them and embarass them. These home losses have killed us. Our home record and great offense gets away from us, we lose the cup. Who would've thought that'd happen? ****.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I cannot disagree with the above post. Leading the league in scoring? Best team at home? Amazing to even think that right now. We're embarrassing. Plus, Sustr is ungodly bad. Only a blind man wouldn't see it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The moment I saw kucherov leave I was like that's the end of tko this year! Get Drouin playing with stamkos because stamkos can't carry the puck!

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Like, no. I agree with your 2nd part but the part about sustr. No. Hell to the ****ing no. How anybody can say ANYTHING decent about him is beyond me. His reach doesn't even help, by the time his noodle giraffe legs glide to the puck he ****ING FORGETS to choke up on the stick cause it's so long and he flubs the pass or loses it. Multiple ocassions tonight where that happened. Him and carle cannot pass hard enough for NHL forwards to accept without losing their head, aka suicide passes, or eluding an interception. I've seen high schoolers pass harder.

Regardless of a scapegoat.

I feel the fans should be able to egg the players after these pathetic home losses. Line them up on thunder alley and let the STH just egg them and embarass them. These home losses have killed us. Our home record and great offense gets away from us, we lose the cup. Who would've thought that'd happen? ****.

I'm not labeling Sustr an all-star. I'm just saying I think he's outplaying Carle. Carle flubs passes when there isn't an opposing player within 20 feet of him. His shot makes Sustr's look like Chara's. And I've never once seen him even jab someone after a whistle. Oh yea, he's also making 5 mil more a year.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
The moment I saw kucherov leave I was like that's the end of tko this year! Get Drouin playing with stamkos because stamkos can't carry the puck!

I'll take Stamkos shooting the puck on goal right now. We've known he couldn't handle the puck or pass for a very long time. Yzer is in for a world of pain if he overpays that one (now zero?) trick pony.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'll take Stamkos shooting the puck on goal right now. We've known he couldn't handle the puck or pass for a very long time. Yzer is in for a world of pain if he overpays that one (now zero?) trick pony.

you just can't pay this guy 10.5 per season you just can't! these 3rd and 4th lines need to be fixed in the offseason! morrow = out something else needs to come in! Vladdy, Drouin or erne!

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Well if you need a perfect performance from an injured goalie or a rookie in a SCF you're doomed. One goal ain't gonna cut it. When's the last time Chicago lost 1-0?

I was curious reading that, so I checked. The answer (playoffs only): April 23, 2002 :laugh:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Really disappointed at this team with a 6-7 home record this playoffs. It's a shame if this ends Monday. It's been a fun ride doubtful we get to the finals for a long time I enjoyed getting this far.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Really disappointed at this team with a 6-7 home record this playoffs. It's a shame if this ends Monday. It's been a fun ride doubtful we get to the finals for a long time I enjoyed getting this far.

As much negativity as I've posted, I am done posting til it's over. We've been down 3-2 going away and won in 7. Get it done boys.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As much negativity as I've posted, I am done posting til it's over. We've been down 3-2 going away and won in 7. Get it done boys.

It's possible but with these Johnson and kucherov injuries I just think it's over. Without tko we are just done. I expect like a 3-2 loss Monday night! I'm sure we will fight! For coopers sake play vladdy and drouin!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I was curious reading that, so I checked. The answer (playoffs only): April 23, 2002 :laugh:

Hahah thanks! So basically against the current Hawks, it's never happened in the playoffs. You need more than 1 goal to win.

We need to make Crawford's life more complicated. The goal we scored he was even worse than Bishop moving laterally. Need more of that and more picking corners instead of shooting right into his legs (unless people actually sit in the right spot for rebounds instead of getting so close he just kicks it past them).

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Internet **** the bed last night.

First goal, inexcusable. What the **** were you thinking, Bishop?

Second goal, Drouin needs to clear that puck out of danger instead of standing there, mouth agape, watching Vermette put the puck in the net.

We aren't getting enough bodies in front of the net. We're pretty much one-and-done in the ozone. It needs to stop. We got **** chances, they kept us out of the slot. Need to make Crawford's life hell.

Oh, and before I forget: Seen Stamkos?

Come on dude, we know you're clutch. Most overtime goals in a season in the NHL. Dig deep here. DO SOMETHING. You're a Hawk killer, go kill them.

Last edited:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
The next 48 hours will be the longest 48 hours for all Lightning fans. IF the Bolts start the next game the way they started game 5, it will end on Monday night.

Let's see what magic Cooper has left in him.

Go Bolts!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Oh, and also, in the last few minutes, I saw one of our Dmen dogging it to the puck. DOGGING IT. That is TOTALLY inexcusable. You don't get to use the "I'm tired" excuse when Chicago has literally played Keith-Seabrook into the ****ing ground. Either one of them would've skated their ****ing hearts out to get that puck.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cooper post-game:

[NHL]829555&catid=55[/NHL]

Callahan, Boyle, Stamkos post-game:

[NHL]829563&catid=55[/NHL]

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Oh, and also, in the last few minutes, I saw one of our Dmen dogging it to the puck. DOGGING IT. That is TOTALLY inexcusable. You don't get to use the "I'm tired" excuse when Chicago has literally played Keith-Seabrook into the ****ing ground. Either one of them would've skated their ****ing hearts out to get that puck.

I'm this close to accusing the Hawks of doping though.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I keep remembering things.

Just when the **** did we resort to being a dump and chase team? It's frustrating to watch almost every dump in, Chicago regains possession. We'll make a show of it, and ALMOST get to the puck, or lose a board battle, but inevitable, it goes the other way.

We never did that **** during the regular season. It clearly isn't working now. Why the **** do we keep doing it? I'll tell you why. They're standing our guys up right at the blue line, like a wall. Hit that blue line with speed, then they'll give you a cushion. Simple as that. Stop ****ing chipping it.

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Disappointing loss. Bish is not the future going forward. He makes a lot of mistakes. Vasy is going to be a star some day. He's the future.

Hats off to Chicago. They have SHUT us down. Gotta give them all the credit.

It was a great season and a year early.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm still pissed off about this game, just such a waste, and not to mention that I've had to listen to and seen images/videos off that error over and over and if we keep losing we'll have to see it all summer:

---------

I would start next game like this, now maybe it won't work for 60 minutes but for the 1st period it's worth a try:

Killorn - Filppula - Callahan (seem to be the most healthy players...or at least the guys who does the best job at ignoring their injuries, and also, KFC works)
Palat - Drouin - Kucherov (hopefully Kuch can play and if he can then I would put Drouin with them because even if I love Johnson he is struggling and brining the line down)
Brown - Boyle - Paquette (just give them some time, they've all been really good and can play a shutdwon role if nothing else)
Johnson - Vladdy - Stamkos (the struggles of Johnson and Stamkos is costing us big time so just give them a few shift, if they pick it up then give them more ice time but they haven't proved enough to be given that much ice time)

Stralman - Hedman (play them 35 minutes)
Garrison - Coburn (play them 20 minutes)
Nesterov - Witkowski (play them 5 minutes)

Bench Morrow, Sustr and Carle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad