GDT: 6/13/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
...I actually agree with you for once.... weird.:laugh:

Why was Bishop so far out of his net. It's not like it was Sharp racing Bishop for the puck. Hedman was clearly going to get the puck or take Sharp no problem. Bishop should have stayed in the net. What was he thinking

Lortab probably. I'm not even kidding

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Well now that I have witnessed him in person I can say definitively that I would rather pay a manatee 5.5 million dollars to flop around on the ice than Matt ****ing Carle

Also I really hope Kucherov is okay. Unfortunately no one is going to step up in his absence.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
That Cooper quote really shows how out of touch he is right now. Chicago only has 3 1/2 viable defensemen, so they only play 3 1/2 viable defensemen. They've done it all playoffs and, shocking, it works. Sometimes you have to rely heavily on your best players, more than makes you comfortable. Cooper's just a mess right now, like the rest of this team. We've run out of miracles, boys and girls.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I don't care whether Sustr's been on the ice for all goals combined, what we need is more possession and more goals. Play the **** out of the top 4 or whatever but try something different because it's sure as hell the offensive production will not come from a Sustr-Carle pairing.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't care whether Sustr's been on the ice for all goals combined, what we need is more possession and more goals. Play the **** out of the top 4 or whatever but try something different because it's sure as hell the offensive production will not come from a Sustr-Carle pairing.

What stood out to me most tonight was that Carle-Sustr was on the ice 100% of the time that Morrow was on the ice. That combination will absolutely never produce anything positive and it drives me insane that Cooper sticks with his plans even when they're ****ing terrible

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He's actually been on for 2.

Apparently he was on for one of them tonight but I don't remember seeing him out there. Either way he hasn't been costing us games, he hasn't been winning us any either but your bottom pair isn't expected to do that.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
What stood out to me most tonight was that Carle-Sustr was on the ice 100% of the time that Morrow was on the ice. That combination will absolutely never produce anything positive and it drives me insane that Cooper sticks with his plans even when they're ****ing terrible

Two reasons we had a such a long trip is Cooper adapts but he's slow to do it. So every series took forever but in the end we advanced. Historically the team that won game 5 in a tied Final lifted the Cup about 80 percent of the time.... Maybe this round Coop was too late.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Two reasons we had a such a long trip is Cooper adapts but he's slow to do it. So every series took forever but in the end we advanced. Historically the team that won game 5 in a tied Final lifted the Cup about 80 percent of the time.... Maybe this round Coop was too late.
This is ending Monday to many injuries Johnson injured has killed us.

Hockeyfan4453

Jul 26, 2009
City of Champions
First goal was CLEARLY Bishop's fault IMO. Hedman was ahead of Sharp and could have simply evaded him. Absoloutely no reason Bish should be coming out to handle the puck so far out from the crease. COMPLETELY Bishops fault on that one.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
It was more on Hedman but I'm sure you can't see that. Hedman doesn't touch the puck and there's no problem. Bishop isn't the problem on this team.

Bishop didn't lose the game but the first goal was his fault. There's no reason for him to leave the crease there. The risk is far greater than the reward in that situation especially when there was no danger like someone coming in all alone. Bishop played well after that but that was an awful decision by him. There's no way around that.

Very disappointed with the effort tonight...game 5 of the final and they were lackadaisical outside of half of the second period. They've bounced back well all season and played their best games on the road, I expect the same Monday night. Hope they can find a way to get it done and get this series back to Tampa.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Anyone conceding the series now or saying Chicago has now shown they're by far the superior team can turn in their jersey.

It's a ****ing series where every game has been decided by one goal and no team has led by more than one goal.

The difference has been coaching, a couple soft goals, injuries, and puck luck. If I'm blaming anyone for this series it's Cooper and then Bishop a distant second.

Our PP is still ****, as it's been all season. And we're waiting for a perfect setup every time in the offensive zone before we shoot the puck. I don't think Cooper has ever heard the term "dirty goal" in his life. Seriously....SHOOT...THE...****ING...PUCK.

Get Morrow and Carle the **** off the ice, Cooper you dumb ****.

Has Stamkos looked tight? Yes, but Kane hasn't done anything either. Hedman has been as good as Keith. Our top 4 has been just as good as their top 4.

Boyle was dead on...we're not scoring. Now play Game 6 like you need 5 goals to win. Park everybody you can in front and pepper Crawford 'til a deflection goes in or he gives up a softy like he usually does. At this point I don't even care if you give up odd man rushes if it's a product of unsuccessfully throwing everything you can at Crawford.

On a side note, I think being down 3-2 may be a blessing in disguise, barring Kucherov not being seriously hurt. We've played better with our backs to the wall all season. And while Chicago is certainly a team that knows how to put you away, all the pressure is on them now. I like our chances of winning in Chicago, and then Game 7 is essentially a crapshoot. Plus, with how the '04 team won the Cup, wouldn't it be fitting for this team to do it the same way?

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
It's just laughable that cooper feels the need to put out morrow, carle, sustr, and boyle in must do moments when down by one. October, ok, now? What the ****? A combined what two goals?

Stamkos can **** right off too. Most inconsistent player in the world. That "we have to be better" ******** needs to end. DO SOMETHING. Kuch is dead, Johnson is crippled, time for somebody to step up and nobody is. ********* first 20 I've ever seen in my life. Bishop? Please God let Vasy develop quick, these ****ing ******** goals caught up to us and beat us this game.

We pissed away two games so far in which we couldve either won or been up 3-1, now we're down 3-2.

We will lose 1 before we win two. The pathetic thing? Kane has been a non factor and Corey ****ing Crawford has two Stanley cups. **** RIGHT OFF
I'm pissed beyond belief. Dug up old OLN footage of when the Hawks had Khabibulin, when they were ****, not a ****ing fan around
Now everyone is jerking off to a kid with a mullet. DAMN IT.

Wasn't it just fitting that Sustr tries to use the equivalent of his giraffe neck (7 foot long stick) to grab a puck on the boards instead of doing this revolutionary idea of MOVING YOUR ****ING FEET?!?!?

Seriously, other teams must salivate at the thought of being out on the ice with him. A ****ing third grader could have stick lifted him and taken the puck in that situation. Dude needs to stop his ****ing Gretzky imitations and stay at the blue line.

Unforgivable.

P.S. There is no possibly way Yzerman doesn't see this. I actually thought Carle was serviceable as a fifth defenseman tonight, but there is no way you can win a cup consistently playing Carle-Sustr. I fully expect them to be off the team next year. I bet SFY doesn't even qualify Sustr. Just lets him walk. Watch.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
What was the worst part of tonight is that, for the final 18 minutes, it sure just felt like the Lightning were never going to find an equalizer, didn't it? And that was depressing, because I've never felt like the top scoring team in the NHL this season was out of a game where they only trailed by one goal. These past two games have been marred by Corey Crawford playing some of his best hockey I've ever seen from him, mixed with other grade-A opportunities that went begging. So disappointing and frustrating to watch. I've probably never been more depressed watching a hockey game in my life than I was in the final 18 minutes of this game tonight.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Wasn't it just fitting that Sustr tries to use the equivalent of his giraffe neck (7 foot long stick) to grab a puck on the boards instead of doing this revolutionary idea of MOVING YOUR ****ING FEET?!?!?

Seriously, other teams must salivate at the thought of being out on the ice with him. A ****ing third grader could have stick lifted him and taken the puck in that situation. Dude needs to stop his ****ing Gretzky imitations and stay at the blue line.

Unforgivable.

P.S. There is no possibly way Yzerman doesn't see this. I actually thought Carle was serviceable as a fifth defenseman tonight, but there is no way you can win a cup consistently playing Carle-Sustr. I fully expect them to be off the team next year. I bet SFY doesn't even qualify Sustr. Just lets him walk. Watch.

Yup!

Gotta give credit where credit is due and I feel everybody can agree.

Sustr was SUPERB in the first two rounds, odd mistake here and there. Last two rounds? Back to being normal Sustr. The guy just doesn't have it. I don't know if it's a combination of his face, which I wanna punch, that makes me really dislike him, but it's moreso being so ****ing big and you aren't good at...anything? Everything is average and horrible about him. Carle is worse if you can imagine that cause of his price tag.

Build a great offense, make trades, what fails you? A little bit of everything. Imagine the leaps this team could take with a serviceable bottom pair and a Ben bishop not going for a stroll, complemented by adding possibly one playoff performer. We're contenders, but what we saw tonight was a pretender.

My opinions on hedman have completely changed. Only dman better than him is keith and Keiths upside is that he can play 30 or more mins. Killorn has hit another level.

This series comes down to two bloopers. Game 1 inexperience and stupidity from your coach, that was bad. Game 4 inexperience from the players playing in the final 3 mins.

I don't expect a win, but I expect some of these overpaid ****ers to be gone this summer. I'm trying out for d this summer if 25 is there. I'll bring my **** to ISF and film it if that guy is there. I hope he reads these comments. You suck, Matt. Take sustr and morrow with you, find a sinkhole and look for loose change.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Unforgivable.

stamkos needs a play maker plan and simple he needs drouin! then tko needs to stay together. Carle needs to go dump sustr! go with koekkoek and sign a fa short term.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yup!

Gotta give credit where credit is due and I feel everybody can agree.

Sustr was SUPERB in the first two rounds, odd mistake here and there. Last two rounds? Back to being normal Sustr. The guy just doesn't have it. I don't know if it's a combination of his face, which I wanna punch, that makes me really dislike him, but it's moreso being so ****ing big and you aren't good at...anything? Everything is average and horrible about him. Carle is worse if you can imagine that cause of his price tag.

Build a great offense, make trades, what fails you? A little bit of everything. Imagine the leaps this team could take with a serviceable bottom pair and a Ben bishop not going for a stroll, complemented by adding possibly one playoff performer. We're contenders, but what we saw tonight was a pretender.

My opinions on hedman have completely changed. Only dman better than him is keith and Keiths upside is that he can play 30 or more mins. Killorn has hit another level.

This series comes down to two bloopers. Game 1 inexperience and stupidity from your coach, that was bad. Game 4 inexperience from the players playing in the final 3 mins.

I don't expect a win, but I expect some of these overpaid ****ers to be gone this summer. I'm trying out for d this summer if 25 is there. I'll bring my **** to ISF and film it if that guy is there. I hope he reads these comments. You suck, Matt. Take sustr and morrow with you, find a sinkhole and look for loose change.

forgot morrow good bye see ya later this summer! trade carle asap! clear the cap space!

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
That one hurt. What was Bishop thinking? I'm pulling for your boys. Backs are against the wall but the games must be played. Hoping to see The Cup make a return trip to Tampa.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Cigar & Kramerica, was gonna quote both of you separately, but my responses have a common denominator...aggressiveness.

Cigar, at least Sustr is willing to chip in from the blue line, take shots, and get in someone's face during a scrum from time to time. I don't care how gangly he looks/plays. The kid is out there trying, has made decent progress, and isn't a turnover machine. His reach, while sometimes a crutch, is definitely an advantage as well. Carle on the other hand, is a train wreck, especially when you consider he has 6 YEARS MORE EXPERIENCE!

Kramerica, the reason you thought we weren't going to tie it up is because this team refuses to deviate from its gameplan until there's 60 seconds left in the game. There is zero desperation. Instead of skating into their zone with authority when given a chance, we'd rather get the puck to within 6 inches of the blue line, drop it back to the red line, pass it cross ice to someone else, weakly slide it down the boards, fight for it there for a minute, get control and pass it to a Dman who passes up a clear lane with 2 people in front, cycle it behind the net, pass it to someone on the goal line, shoot it into the back of the net or 10 feet in front of the crease, cycle it again, pass up another open lane shot to get it to a guy at the dot with 2 guys tying him up, etc etc. Cooper has these guys brainwashed I tell ya. Never seen a team so reluctant to shoot in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad