GDT: #6 - 10/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals | 8:00 PM - NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I never expected the Rangers to beat the Capitals in the first round last year so I'm hoping for some more Rangers/Capitals surprises tonight

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I like that AV isn't afraid to break up the PP unit. Hope for no Girardi powerplay sightings tonight :D

BarbaraAlphanse

I like that AV isn't afraid to break up the PP unit. Hope for no Girardi powerplay sightings tonight :D

You bite your tongue. If the net was 14 feet longer in both directions and absolutely no one attempted to block his shots Girardi would be the NHL's most prolific powerplay point.

The nerve on some people! :shakehead

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Someone show me a softer lineup in the NHL than this one. If you're gonna be this soft at least score 5 a game!

*Bob Richards*

Washington's PP so far is at 36%.

Talk about death sentence.

Wolfy*

Whats wrong with Zucc, 5 games and not a single point? Or has this coach messed up the lines?

BarbaraAlphanse

Whats wrong with Zucc, 5 games and not a single point? Or has this coach messed up the lines?

Unlucky. Hit some posts. Just missed some chances. Put on a line where no one can score.

No excuse though. Players find a way to make things happen. He must adjust.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
When fully healthy, would moving Nash back to LW open up the roster a little bit?

Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Brassard - Zuccarello
Pouliot/Kreider - Richards - Fast/Miller/Pouliot (with Kreider at LW)
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
When fully healthy, would moving Nash back to LW open up the roster a little bit?

Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Brassard - Zuccarello
Pouliot/Kreider - Richards - Fast/Miller/Pouliot (with Kreider at LW)
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

No it wouldn't. Nash scored almost all of his goals last year coming down the right side, just leave him there.

Also don't like the idea of having Nash and Cally on the same line.

Second line is very meh.

If Kreider is on this team when fully healthy, put him with Brassard and Zucc, dear lord they need a finisher.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Don't need Nash on the left with Richards playing well and Hagelin coming back.

But I'm not convinced we'll see Nash play again until I see it. Thats how I feel about concussions

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
OV has nearly over a 3rd of the teams overall goals.

Stop OV, you stop the Caps. We know this better than anyone.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I forgot Richards has been on the wing. Leave him there. Put him with Brassard and (assuming he's actually here) let Miller center the third line. He's much more effective as a center.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Zuke better Get at least 3-4 points the next 2-3 games or else he's ahl bound..
He has to produce at ppg rate or higher to stick? Nah. If he starts producing at 0.5ppg and brings the level of play he did in preseason and the opener, he'll be fine.

If he keeps up what he's been doing the last couple of games, he needs to go.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I haven't noticed Zuc much. Big supporter of his and I still believe he can be a positive contributer to the team, but he needs to start putting up some points.

Wolfy*

I dont think Zucc will be sent down. One-way contract, and I guess they'll have to put him on waivers.

But if he continues like this, he'll probably end up on the fourth line for a while.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I dont think Zucc will be sent down. One-way contract, and I guess they'll have to put him on waivers.

But if he continues like this, he'll probably end up on the fourth line for a while.

Which would do nothing for no one because there are no bottom-six players to promote that would do anything more than Zucc. Their top-six can just be a rotating door of bottom-six players being asked to do more than they're capable of and then demoted when they do what we would expect. Nothing.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I have a good feeling about tonight, no idea why. I bet all my vcash, 1178 on the Rangers! LGR! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad